2003 camry 2.4 4 cyl auto oil change

reddevil25

hi

i can see the drain plug on the tin pan for the gearbox but where is the filler, level hole- do i fill thru the dipstick

also is there a seperate oil for the diff

can you buy a manual for these from gregorys or is there a online one anywhere links or file would be apreciated

thnks

mike

adelaide

yes, you have to fill it up through the dipstick hole. make sure you install a new gasket for the drain plug when you change your atf.

regarding the diff, as camry's are fwd the transmission and diff is all in one

for any workshop stuff like this, www.camrystuff.com is good. it has a lot of manuals for a lot of different things

• 3 months later...
yes, you have to fill it up through the dipstick hole. make sure you install a new gasket for the drain plug when you change your atf.

regarding the diff, as camry's are fwd the transmission and diff is all in one

for any workshop stuff like this, www.camrystuff.com is good. it has a lot of manuals for a lot of different things

I thought I had to reply to this because not all camrys have common transmission and diffs. The 1996 4cyl Camry Auto has a separate Gearbox and diff. The are drained and refilled separately.

Regards

We own really weird cars ay?

May I suggest a funnel too? Hehehe

Your best manual you can get is the Haynes Manual - I bought mine from Repco for like $35 a couple of years back. Goes through the 5SFE, 3VZFE and 1MZFE if I remember rightly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread back up, but im wondering at how many km's should i change my 05 Camry Altise (ACV30R) at?

Currently the car is sitting on 60000kms atm so im assuming its due for a change soon...

Thanks for any help guys.

Sorry to bump this thread back up, but im wondering at how many km's should i change my 05 Camry Altise (ACV30R) at?

Currently the car is sitting on 60000kms atm so im assuming its due for a change soon...

based on that odo reading, from memory i think the next change is at 90000kms (major service).

however, having said that it doesnt hurt to change it sooner. i change mine every 6 months regardless.

based on that odo reading, from memory i think the next change is at 90000kms (major service).

however, having said that it doesnt hurt to change it sooner. i change mine every 6 months regardless.

I seems to remember that autotransmission fluid need to be changed every 40000 kms or two years. This must have been indicated in service manual.

K8Canb

The ACV36 4 cylinder models with the U241E transmission do not "require" a transmission service ever according to toyota unless driving conditions are severe, and then it's to be changed at 90,000km.

I do not believe this is OK. I tow a small trailer too.

To drain and Fill the ATF is really easy so I do it for peace of mind. It is even easier than an oil change.

I do it every 30,000 km. First change was at 55,000km, then 60,000km (bought it second hand).

You only get 3.5 L out of the total capacity of 9L every time you drain and fill so you need to do it more often to maintain the fluid. THe remainder is stored in the TC and rest of the transmission.

I used toyota T-IV the first two times, but will be doing the process with Amsoil ATF from now on.

I know Honda does a 3x drain and fill and calls it a complete change, and they should know, they have pretty picky trransmissions from 2000- 2003.