Will 15" wheels fit over ZZE123R brakes?

WaynoGTS

yes it fits perfectly.

You would go 15's if you wanted to race your car. The 16 inch wheels on the sportivo matched with the gear ratios are appalling for any form of racing. The 15's with smaller circumference tyres lower the final drive which gives better acceleration. Hence why the celica came out with 15's or smaller.

i use 195/50/15. I think standard is 195/55 or 60.

Not that much smaller, but does the job and makes a difference. Ask Simo... He raced me up a hill in 3rd and 4th gear and i just drove away from him, not even close. Just remember it mucks with the speedo, but in the safe way!

• 5 weeks later...

im looking to do the same thing too. im not in a rush but will look out for a pair of cheap stock 15" alloys and put TOYO proxes R888 on them for about 250 each. 205x50x15.

i used a rolling diameter calculator and this is what i cam up with

speedo deviation at 100kmh with a 185/65/15 as "0".

205/55/16 on say stock sportivo wheels

+ 7.8 KMH

205/50/15 on say stock alloys from accent/levin

-5.7KMH

so thats a difference of 13.5KMH which as some people have experienced and expressed shorten the ratio and increase acceleration, 2nd, 3rd and 4th would be a lot better with these on the track.

stock 15" alloys ...205x50x15.

If you are after the best performance from the tyre you'll need a 7" wide rim at a minimum. Semi slicks do have stiffer sidewalls, however the tyre is a bit too wide for 6" when you have a lot of grip. The stock rim width is 6", more suited to a 195 profile.

• 3 months later...
stock 15" alloys ...205x50x15.

If you are after the best performance from the tyre you'll need a 7" wide rim at a minimum. Semi slicks do have stiffer sidewalls, however the tyre is a bit too wide for 6" when you have a lot of grip. The stock rim width is 6", more suited to a 195 profile.

still haven't bought the set of rims yet but after abit more thinking, the 7" wide would be the way to go. so i've been looking at the "ROTA SLIPSTREAM" in a 15x7" they weigh in at 5.8kg a rim

ive narrowed tyres down to 2 types-either the Kumho V70a or the Toyo r888. so micky do you reckon the 195/50/15 would be better than the 205/50/15?

see the 205 will give more contact on the track but have a slightly larger rolling diameter. (195- 7.15% faster roll, 205 - 5.61% faster roll over the stock sportivo rim rolling diameter)

http://www.jlbmotorsports.com/rims/rotapics/slipstream1.jpg

i'll plan my next track day and order them. anyone know the best place to get them from?

Out of those two the Kumho are better; I'd go a 205 on a 7" rim myself.

Make sure you get the correct compound for what you want to do though. Medium is a safe bet, unless you're doing only hill climbs or short 1km runs, in which case use soft. If they are for the road get the road compound.

Out of those two the Kumho are better; I'd go a 205 on a 7" rim myself.

Make sure you get the correct compound for what you want to do though. Medium is a safe bet, unless you're doing only hill climbs or short 1km runs, in which case use soft. If they are for the road get the road compound.

i'll be using them on the track only. i shredded the edges of the fulda on my last day out. i'll mostly be going to wakefield but possibly eastern creek and oran park too. so i guess medium would be the way to go. i'll probably get no more than 4 track days a year.

thanks for your input superdave.

still haven't bought the set of rims yet but after abit more thinking, the 7" wide would be the way to go. so i've been looking at the "ROTA SLIPSTREAM" in a 15x7" they weigh in at 5.8kg a rim

ive narrowed tyres down to 2 types-either the Kumho V70a or the Toyo r888. so micky do you reckon the 195/50/15 would be better than the 205/50/15?

see the 205 will give more contact on the track but have a slightly larger rolling diameter. (195- 7.15% faster roll, 205 - 5.61% faster roll over the stock sportivo rim rolling diameter)

http://www.jlbmotorsports.com/rims/rotapics/slipstream1.jpg

i'll plan my next track day and order them. anyone know the best place to get them from?

I also had my eyes on the rota slipstream and found that no shops in Australia carry rotas. Some shops can order them in, however, you'll probably get a better price going direct through ebay US or tirerack.com.

Lookup ozhonda forums, occassionally there will be a second hand set that comes up in the for sale section of the forums but they get snapped up pretty quick.

Superdave, for a smaller rolling diameter can't we use 16inch rims with a 40/45 profile tyre ?

Superdave, for a smaller rolling diameter can't we use 16inch rims with a 40/45 profile tyre ?

There is a 205/45/16 from Kumho in the V70A

All the other 16" tyre sizes will be too wide for a 7" rim. They are all too wide for the stock rims.

I went with 15s because of weight and price.

A shop up in Brisbane is selling cheap Kumho KU36, http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=398317. I've no idea how good they are on the track though.

• 4 weeks later...

While KU36 looks like a good tyre, I wouldn't call them a semi slick, more like a ultra high performance street tyre.

205s will fit on a 6.5"rim just fine, you don't need a 7"

Comparing times , I'd say about the same - quicker on the 6.5" but I put that down to better lines.

There is a 205/45/16 from Kumho in the V70A

All the other 16" tyre sizes will be too wide for a 7" rim. They are all too wide for the stock rims.

I went with 15s because of weight and price.

A shop up in Brisbane is selling cheap Kumho KU36, http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=398317. I've no idea how good they are on the track though.