Aurion Touring SE

toyogun

Anyone bought an AUrion Touring SE this month?

The new deal from toyota is 31990 driveaway, normally when there's an offer like this, are we still able to negotiate for a better price?

I guess all makers are having great deals right now, but could we still expect the same level of discount as if when we are buying a standard without special manufacturer's driveaway deal?

I always thought the 31990 is toyota's price. So the dealers would have still been given the same margin by Toyota to sell the car. ie. Toyota provide rebates to the dealers so that the dealers are still getting their same margin as if they are selling it as 34990 + Orc when the car 1st came out.

Anyone knows how this works in the car selling industry.

Cheers.

Edited by toyogun

Oh well...I don't know about Toyota'a sales system but what I can say is you can always negotiate on the price.

I am sure the original price from factory is under 25k so the dealer would give you better price if you negotiate well.

In some case of the dealer can't give the better price the price stays but what they do is they give you more options or packeages like free tinting or ORC etc..

It all depends on how you negotiate with dealer.

Try to visit around 3~4 different toyota dealers near your place and go to the dealer who gives you the most.

:D

Good luck.

Oh well...I don't know about Toyota'a sales system but what I can say is you can always negotiate on the price.

I am sure the original price from factory is under 25k so the dealer would give you better price if you negotiate well.

In some case of the dealer can't give the better price the price stays but what they do is they give you more options or packeages like free tinting or ORC etc..

It all depends on how you negotiate with dealer.

Try to visit around 3~4 different toyota dealers near your place and go to the dealer who gives you the most.

:D

Good luck.

Thanks, I corrected my orig. post, it was 31990 driveaway deal.

Yes was told by some people to try to add all th options before asking for the best price

I know friends who uses car brokers they get around 5-8K discounts from the RRP price + orc.

And if you are a good negotiater I guess you can get a discount of around 2-4K from the RRP price + orc.

But for a deal that's already a driveaway, I wonder can we still get 2-4K discount.

Well I just have to try it out.

Edited by toyogun

I am also getting one, but I can't seem to negotiate any price reduction except they throw in some floor mat/tank of fuel or other small things

Yea, I got the same thing. They threw in weathershields, mats etc. But I am not the best bargainer in the world, I know people who can get several grand off car prices even if they are run out sales.

COME SEE ME WAins!!!! best prices and staff around!!! :)

NEW TOWN TOYOTA EAST VIC PARK! (crn welshpool road and Swansea ST)!!!!!!!!!!

Damn wish you were in Melbourne, lol could have gotten my car for cheaper.

I reckon next car I will buy I will troll its forums for a while to find the members who work at dealerships.

Yes $7k discount "on paper" or about $3k below RRP is a good deal and achievable. (Search the forum with keyword "driveaway".)

Usually It'll be hard for Touring (haven't seen a report of big discount) but in the current climate I say go for it.

Whether you should tell them the options you want upfront depends on the dealer.

Beware that some dealers charge inflated prices for options so the actual discount is blurred.

For me I don't sugguest mentioning Honda Accord or something. I also don't recommend stating a price straight away nor doing the phone calls. You don't want them to feel you're just here to "kick the tyre". You want them to feel you are buying today.

After they offer you the 1st price (ridiculously high), be polite (but no need for the fake smile) and unfront that you know the going rate and is here for a quick deal.

Try not to show a strong bargaining culture in you. They are sales, they LOVE bargaining. They'll tire you down, milk every dollar out of you and it'll be a painful experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi toyogun, I just recently bought a Touring, the price is essentially the same but the dealer (whom my dad bought an AT-X car from him last year) was very nice to throw in accessories (tint, mats, seats covers,towbar, scuff plates, better tyres).

Hi toyogun, I just recently bought a Touring, the price is essentially the same but the dealer (whom my dad bought an AT-X car from him last year) was very nice to throw in accessories (tint, mats, seats covers,towbar, scuff plates, better tyres).

Thanks for sharing,

Yeah I concluded that its hard to get a good deal for this touring. I didn't get much discount too,

I saw holden commoordore limited edition , the one with 18" alloy wheels. IN early Nov, Holden advertised them as 33990 driveaway deal with all the fancy extras. Last friday they dropped it to $29990!!! 4K discount from a already very good deal.

But toyota seems to be holding its own?

Which month is your touring built in?

Thanks

It's an October 2008 built Touring, I had to wait 2 weeks to get it though.

Holden and Ford are desperate to get rid of the stocks since GE & GMAC no longer finance their cars anymore, also their parent company in the US, Ford & GM are in a lot of financial troubles amongst other woes they have to deal with since the economic downturn began.

Interestingly the AT-X is also 29,990 drive away.

HTH

p

It's an October 2008 built Touring, I had to wait 2 weeks to get it though.

Holden and Ford are desperate to get rid of the stocks since GE & GMAC no longer finance their cars anymore, also their parent company in the US, Ford & GM are in a lot of financial troubles amongst other woes they have to deal with since the economic downturn began.

HTH

p

I read an article that Toyota was building a new of touring in Oct.

But earlier in the forum people were saying dealers are saying stock running out. ie. whatever the May 08 is sold out its gone, toyota stop making them.

Darn I should have stick to my guns and bargain harder.

I thought I better get it before it sold out.

So I end up with a May 08 built, the car was on display at the dealership with a shonky rubber lining on the window. (Read my post about toyota can't aligned :) )

The other dealer I went to was asking me which colors do I want, we have many colors, but don't have one in stock in the shop. Now I know he must be talking about the new batch of touring

But this dealer would not give me the extra $500 discount I wanted , and it was the 1st dealer I went to, so end up buying it at the 2nd dealer I went to.

Yes I have just read your thread about the rubber lining, to be honest I have to check mine's out tonight :)

There are dealers still have a lot of older Touring stocks, the dealer check the stock listing for me and finds an October built one at the Melbourne plant, I only started looking for a Touring 3 weeks ago.

Just out of curiosity toyogun how much did you end up paying for the car drive away with what accessories fitted?

Yes I have just read your thread about the rubber lining, to be honest I have to check mine's out tonight :)

There are dealers still have a lot of older Touring stocks, the dealer check the stock listing for me and finds an October built one at the Melbourne plant, I only started looking for a Touring 3 weeks ago.

Just out of curiosity toyogun how much did you end up paying for the car drive away with what accessories fitted?

31K for tinted window and mats, (the 1st dealer was happy for me to walk away - which surprises me!!!, his best price was 31,500)However the dealer gave me the car on stock/display, I asked him not to give me the one infront of your shop (I should have get that confirmation in writing but I trusted him, why do I trust salesman LOL! :) ) , The car is a brand new car, just that its parked infront of the shop as display cars.

I whinge about it and he throws in:

bonnet + head lamp protector + boot liner.

I think it's a good price toyogun, I had mine fitted with a couple of extras too as mentioned in earlier post with metallic paint, 4 Michelin MVX Energy Tyres + 1 spare + boot scuff for $32400.

which color did you get, I got the silver one and by conincidence that's what they got in stock.

Yeah so at the end your price my price and a few other prices I found out, we all almost got the same deal.

No one really got 2-3K discounts kind of deal.

Surprise...surprise, I also got a Silver, it's by far the most popular colour they have sold.

For $6k more than the Corolla Conquest drive away, I believe the Aurion Touring is worth their money when you add up all the safety features + equipments + accessories. Plus it's not a bad car to drive, I have beaten 2 WRXs at the lights :D

toyota site says 30,990 for my postcode

is that dealer advertisement or walk-in deal?

But earlier in the forum people were saying dealers are saying stock running out. ie. whatever the May 08 is sold out its gone, toyota stop making them.

hehe that would not follow the pattern then

Touring has been a "twice a year" thing since it started

Darn I should have stick to my guns and bargain harder.

look on the bright side

in the current economic climate we know prices are going to be on gradual decline

so its like electronics, you want it then you buy

there is no point waiting forever

But this dealer would not give me the extra $500 discount I wanted , and it was the 1st dealer I went to, so end up buying it at the 2nd dealer I went to.

probably because he see you "kicking the tyre"

when I did it I told him I don't need a test drive

so he knows he was not the first stop

you have to think about it from his perspective

if he was your first stop, telling you a real price will only push prices down yet highly unlikely to improve his sales

this whole bargaining thing is a pain

in a non-transparent market, only consumers stand to lose

• 5 months later...