Front Park Lights Out now

cosmichobo

G'day,

Well, after the tail lights were all dead in my 2000 Camry Conquest, I checked the front lights, and discovered that both park lights (the smaller lights next to the headlights) do not go on, either in Park, or Headlight position.

The interior park lights, and tail lights work, so I figure I can rule out the switch.

I tested the globes with a multimeter, and have continuity, so am guessing they are ok.

I can't find where the fuse is for these lights...? Are they run off the main headlight fuses? If so - given that the headlights DO work... what else could be causing this fault?

Really should get a Haynes manual...

cheers

cosmic

I had a look at the descriptions for the fuses in the cabin (just above the hood release) and non really leapt out saying "Park lights" (or anything close to it).

I didn't test any of them...

I then checked the 2 fuse/relay boxes I could spot in the engine bay, just near the battery. Again, none stood out as the right one/s, but I did use the multimeter to test all of the fuses that were there... all showed continuity.

In my thread about the tail/break lights, someone mentioned a warning light that should have come up on my dash... should it be tripped for this problem too? Do all models have this warning? Where do I check to see if/why it isn't working??

cheers

cosmic

I'm pretty sure there's no warning light for parkers, only for brakes as far as I know.

The fuse for the parkers is in the cabin I just can't remember exactly which one, I'll try an have a look for you 2moz when it's daylight :P

That'd be cool if you could... from the descriptions on the fuse cover, I couldn't pick it...

I haven't had time to look at the fuses again myself yet. Probably wont now til the weekend again. At least the fuses are easy to check for continuity...

Just in front of the battery there is a box marked with a B.. It contains fuses and relays for the headlights, but doesn't seem to have any effect on the sidelights. The only thing I can come up with is two blown bulbs or dirty sockets or a plug in the wiring harness is faulty or dirty. I have a full Toyota factory repair manual and can't find any real useful info in that, apart from the blown bulb or faulty/dirty connectors/sockets....

BTW I have a 2000/2001 V6 Camry.

I'll check more thorough later and report back if I find anything more....

dude, if you've been having electrical problems with bulbs going out, etc. then check the voltage on your battery, and especially your alternator

if you're battery is a dud, then your alternator will try overcharging it to make up for the lack of voltage. alternators overcharging due to either that or a faulty voltage regulator can blow things, ranging from bulbs to stereos.

to check your battery properly, clear all surface charge by running your headlights, stereo, fans, etc. for a minute with the ignition switch on. then turn everything off, measure the voltage at the battery posts. voltage should average 12.5-13V

for the alternator, turn off all electrical features (headlights, stereo, fan, defoggers, etc.) and run the engine at 2000rpm, and the voltage should be around 13.5-15.1V and amperage should be 10A or less. then turn on the high beams, and turn the fans on high. amperage should be 30A or more.

if it doesn't measure as this, then the voltage regulator may need to be replaced. chances are, that will be the cause of all of this.

Edited by lateralus

I'm pretty sure there's no warning light for parkers, only for brakes as far as I know.

The fuse for the parkers is in the cabin I just can't remember exactly which one, I'll try an have a look for you 2moz when it's daylight :P

That'd be cool if you could... from the descriptions on the fuse cover, I couldn't pick it...

I haven't had time to look at the fuses again myself yet. Probably wont now til the weekend again. At least the fuses are easy to check for continuity...

Sorry it's taken so long but I've been very busy :P

I had a look and the fuse for the parkers is just next to the fuse for the brakes, marked driving lights.

Although it occured to me that if that fuse was the cause, your rear driving lights would also be out as they use the same fuse.

Edited by RelishGTP