Yay or ney?

TRDYUS

Really digging this atm

solodn1.jpg

w972.png

Also into Vanilla coke, anybody tried mother?

I seen a Nelly pimp juice awhile back LOL, dunno how it went prolly "ugh"

In general do you like the new and improved drinks or?...

Edited by TRDYUS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the case of 'new and improved', Mother is one of those that is a DEFINITE improvement. I was one of the lucky (unlucky?) ones to get 8 sample cans of Mother before it was released. I took it to work on the night I got it (night-fill) and my workmates agreed that is was sh!t. Can't believe that even after the feedback they still released it. Maybe that was their plan all along, hence the smart ads they ran when they released the new one. I also remember the ads for the old Mother, and when it came up in the cinemas, you were bound to hear someone nearby saying how crap it tasted.

Wow, that was a lot of rambling. Anyways, the new and improved stuff sometimes is alright, but you can never really beat the originals. The new Solo isn't too bad, but it just isn't really Solo. Not a fan of the Vanilla Coke; something just doesn't seem right.

Anyone remember blue Pepsi? They had that here for a little while. Wasn't too bad actually. Tasted like Pepsi, just a little different.

Letterman used to run a joke about how Blue Pepsi also doubled as window cleaner... classic.

The Coca-Cola company really missed the boat on the energy drink market didn't they? Now energy drinks are the fastest growing retail drink segment and they've only just entered the game with the new and improved Mother AND they're giving away twice the amount (500mL) for the same price or less than a Red Bull (250mL) just to get people to try it. When they finally threw in the towell with the original Mother they phoned up all the retailers and asked them to take it off the shelves and throw it in the bin - all retailers were given credit on the lost stock. True story. Really interesting marketing exercise

dont worry micky coke will end up buying them all out in the end....i dont think the old mother was a stunt i just think they stuffed up, and good that they did we were getting 500ml cans for $2.50 for a while, i like the new mother it tastes like they put v and redbull together not bad, still think cherrycoke was the best

I don't see the appeal with the energy drinks segment... the kick they give is a placebo, anyhow. I'll try and find the study for you all, but to cut a long story short - the results were that the caffeine provided by guarana took between 3 - 6 hrs to take effect. Which means all you that pop a red bull before your exams or going to work in the morning are just kidding yourselves...

... which brings me to milk!!! You can now buy flavoured milk with guarana/protein hits... what a joke!!! Whatever happened to just drinking something pure...

Vanilla Coke is another interesting marketing exercise. Back in my teenage years working for Subway in Perth, we used to sell Vanilla Coke - and rightly so because it was the fastest selling drink Coca-Cola had ever released. Anyhow, that was around the time Coke was releasing Diet Coke with lime. I don't know what the the licensing arrangement between Coke and Sub-west was at that time, but we only had 'room' for a certain handful of drinks. To bring in Diet Coke with lime, something had to go... it was strongly recommended to us by head-office that the original coke should stay, and the new product should be accommodated... Vanilla Coke got the ar5e.

Big mistake - Diet coke with lime was a huge flop. Anyone even know where you can still buy it? :P

Vanilla coke is the bomb, especially with Captain Morgan..............I can barely stand normal coke in mixed drinks now, just tastes wrong. Out of a can it's bearable though.

And I must be one of the few that actually liked the original Mother, sure it tasted weird (I like ginger though) but all energy drinks taste weird. New one is better though, if not for the taste then for the 500ml can value (V and Red Bull cans are WAAAAY too small, and over-priced). Even created my own drink with them, the Mother Superior. Mother + Bacardi Superior (like vodka/Red Bull). Never tried it though, probably tastes like ****.

*** the old mother was disgusting! I cant believe they released it either! Did they not test it themselves???? :lol:

I m not game enough to try the new one ha ha maybe one day :P

Im addicted to Vanilla coke its so much smoother than original coke......diet coke with lime wasnt the best idea im sure they took it off the shelves now??? but the solo with lime is quite nice i have tried it once.

I was a fan of Dr Pepper lol but its hard to get nowadays i have seen it in a few corner shops in the city but nothing locally.... :angry:

Really interesting marketing exercise

The "Mother" disaster sounds a lot like the "New Coke" flop years ago, for anyone who has done that as a marketing case study ;) Makes you wonder who does their research/palatability testing and how they got it so wrong! At least we can be thankful that they realised their mistake (and openly admitted it in the new ads - takes balls to do that).

lol asian redbull, isent that the one with no fizz? tastes like cough syrip,my mate took almost a full box of nodozz once and was on the floor in the fetal position with bad shakes not smart. mrs sportivo whats the most mothers you have had in a day? ive done 5 lmao had the shakes some thing bad and a mad headacke wont do it again, i think cherry coke was nice but it flopped, any one else think its good? has the new cocaine energy drink hit our shores yet?

Edited by spillige

I can still get Cherry Coke from across the road from work. It's OK, but not worth the money for something shipped from USA, may as well buy Dr. Pepper, which they also have. Come to think of it they also still have Schweppes Pink Lemonade. L&P is another good one.

*off to buy new Solo*

A German backpacker downed 18 redbull and vodka's at a Sydney pub in the summer of 2001, it was awesome.

Oh wait, he died.

didnt some guy like drink 4 V's a day and went physco and killed some other guy LOL shrugs, something alone the lines of that.

Anyways lols im not a big fan of energy drinks and i get scared if i exceed one bottle - i like water :) HAHAHA Redbull is only for yagerbombs

HAHAHA Redbull is only for yagerbombs

(I'm not having a go at you, mrs.sportivo)

Aren't jager bombs about 50 times as bad? Not only is Jagermeister extremely alcholic, but the fizz from the red bull means the alcohol will be ingested much faster.

And if you have multiple jager bombs in one sitting, you then have the question of your heart rate - followed by the crash once the caffeine wears off, and your body meets the depressive effects of the alcohol that it wasn't feeling before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though - I don't drink. :huh:

A German backpacker downed 18 redbull and vodka's at a Sydney pub in the summer of 2001, it was awesome.

Oh wait, he died.

didnt some guy like drink 4 V's a day and went physco and killed some other guy LOL shrugs, something alone the lines of that.

Anyways lols im not a big fan of energy drinks and i get scared if i exceed one bottle - i like water :) HAHAHA Redbull is only for yagerbombs

There's a handful of incidents. One guy who started robbing banks blamed it on redbull. Some people don't know what moderation is (like Micky_tee, he doesn't know anything about moderating..........haw)