0-100 in 6.8 seconds

phonsa

Another option which I have is the TRD USA air filter. This is very similar to the K&N style filter. Part number PTR05-33070 and there is also a cleaning kit for it PTR05-00000-CL

Question. How many HP's will these add to an Aurion?.

Question. How many HP's will these add to an Aurion?.

Nothing measurable in my opinion. It isn't really going to shave any time off your 0-100. Maybe ever so slightly for the TRD, but that would be it.

i saw some cams available for the US Camry...

Please, please, please elaborate for us.

Whoa. Post count FTW. With the consecutive posts, just edit your first one man. As for the camshafts, yes they are for the 2AZ-FE which covers the Gen 5 and Gen 6 Camry. Pretty much useless in the Aurion section.

• 11 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've noticed how much difference there is with my aurion in regards to acceleration (plenty more of it) , and even the way the trans behaves when I'm cruising home at night from bowling, compared to driving at sunlight which is 90% of the time. The ecu must be programmed to really hold back the timing etc with hot air. I wish cold air intakes on these were easier to rig up, because I see a lot of stuff joined to it, along with the maf, makes me hesitant to touch anything coz I don't know where to replumb it all or what purpose they serve

Edited by Metal_Head

48 minutes ago, Metal_Head said:

I've noticed how much difference there is with my aurion in regards to acceleration (plenty more of it) , and even the way the trans behaves when I'm cruising home at night from bowling, compared to driving at sunlight which is 90% of the time. The ecu must be programmed to really hold back the timing etc with hot air. I wish cold air intakes on these were easier to rig up, because I see a lot of stuff joined to it, along with the maf, makes me hesitant to touch anything coz I don't know where to replumb it all or what purpose they serve

Interesting - I'll also do some investigation. What I do notice though is that if I'm rolling at say 5km/h in 2nd gear and floor it (kicking down to first), I feel a lot more pull than directly from first and can even let the tyres slightly loose. 

I'm going to experiment a bit after ordering one of these which just arrived (only spent $120 shipped with Prime - they've hiked the price now but it jumps all over the place). After reading the article here I may need to incorporate a velocity stack, but going to run without initially. (Then go ahead with the Y-pipe mod). 

• Thanks 1

That slow takeoff is ecu wizardry toning down the power. Impressive kickback is because of the trans stalling up first

Tried stalling up from the lights to 2500rpm ONCE, to see what these things can do out of curiosity, and it launched beautifully. These aren't sportscars, but 200kw fwd + 6sp is nothing to be sneezed at

Edited by Metal_Head

16 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

That slow takeoff is ecu wizardry toning down the power. Impressive kickback is because of the trans stalling up first

Tried stalling up from the lights to 2500rpm ONCE, to see what these things can do out of curiosity, and it launched beautifully. These aren't sportscars, but 200kw fwd + 6sp is nothing to be sneezed at

I am happy knowing that I have 200KW under the bonnet and the Aurion is a comfortable highway cruiser. Rightly or not, I have always thought that automatic transmissions do not handle being abused as much as a manual.

Attached document is worth reading about what happens to the transmission case so more keep to apply a smooth and steady acceleration approach most of the time.

Leave it to others to thrash their vehicles and end up with the repair bill.

Toyota U660E Dust Problem Finally Solved.docx

• Like 1

Tried racing a Ducati diavel, & got the jump on him from the lights, managed to fend him off till 70kph, then he blew past me like I was nothing. Google the bike when I got home & realized why..... 120kw = 200kg weight 😂 sounded quite nice too, very unique

Edited by Metal_Head

1 hour ago, Metal_Head said:

Tried racing a Ducati diavel, & got the jump on him from the lights, managed to fend him off till 70kph, then he blew past me like I was nothing. Google the bike when I got home & realized why..... 120kw = 200kg weight 😂 sounded quite nice too, very unique

Very naughty.  Xmas is coming so be good.  At least that Ducati could not have been a potential unmarked police vehicle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

Motorcycles are king of the road. My old ZX9R Ninja was a pretty quick bike and I had many like yourself who would want to test me. They all lost Royally 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Motorcycles are king of the road. My old ZX9R Ninja was a pretty quick bike and I had many like yourself who would want to test me. They all lost Royally 🤣

It is the power to weight ratio. Bit of fun doing some different Google searches.

Never been a "temporary Australian" but I did enjoy watching this video.

• Like 1

80 zone fellas. Bit of fun. And I've wanted to learn & get my own bike for a few years now, but I don't know anyone who would trail behind me to get hours up, so it will never happen

Edited by Metal_Head

10 hours ago, campbeam said:

It is the power to weight ratio. Bit of fun doing some different Google searches.

Never been a "temporary Australian" but I did enjoy watching this video.

Haha, I've seen that video. He did a great job in the presentation of the bike. Very funny too.

That bike in the video is actually a 2001 E2 bike. I have the exact same one funnily enough. Best colour combo. The F bikes were the last of the ZX9R's. Sad to see them go but it only adds to their collectability to be honest. Excellent low mileage bikes are fetching top dollar now. I always monitor bikesales.

It is a very underrated bike because all the fanboys followed the Honda CBR 900's, Yamaha R1's of the time and most failed to see the overall excellentness of this machine. Definitely one of my personal favourites. I had a 94 B1 model for twelve years and now I have a pristine 2001 E2 tucked away in storage.

Prices have started to creep up now, yes, he was right in saying that. A lot of guys like myself who grew up on old school bikes want them back. 

Here's a few pics of mine.

https://i.imgur.com/FcQ6x1b.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mB43yxw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/naoTy29.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/od8X1Wg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5upGHX0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6R4ne9A.jpg

• Like 2

Just installed the intake...can't say I've noticed an increase in 0-100 but will try and measure. Can barely hear under normal driving but it screams under load/higher RPM (4000+rpm but can hear it under load across the range). No complaints 😄 just might get a modification permit for it to keep on the safe side. Also, no check engine light!!

Edited by donnot
  • Like 1

Obligatory video - not completely sure how to feel about the sound, but it serves as a reminder of how quickly I'm burning fuel 😄...(a bit of wheelspin as the tyres are cold and at 43 psi). Still no CEL!

Can't complain for $120 and sounds pretty much the same as the K&N Typhoon intakes (maybe slightly louder at the top end?) Had to use a smaller pod filter than what came with it to fit though. 

EDIT: Hopefully it won't take too much away from the sound of the new mufflers I'm getting installed soon (thanks to @Metal_Head and his thread here!)

Edited by donnot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, donnot said:

just might get a modification permit for it to keep on the safe side. Also, no check engine light!!

Good stuff Luke. Glad it all went well. I think I'm a little behind the times, but what all this permit business about ? Never heard of such a thing.

1 minute ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Good stuff Luke. Glad it all went well. I think I'm a little behind the times, but what all this permit business about ? Never heard of such a thing.

Mainly because I don't think pod filters are technically legal (in WA anyway) - may be able to get a permit following an inspection if it's fitted/mounted correctly (though, it doesn't necessarily give a free pass if pulled over). I might see how the new mufflers and Y-pipe mod goes and re-evaluate whether it's worth keeping the intake or just selling off 😕.  

It's funny looking back a few months - was telling people that I'd keep the car stock looking/sounding but here I am with lowered suspension, rims, an intake, exhaust etc 😄 too much free time. Having a lot of fun though and learning a lot (good/bad) for my next car in a few years!

35 minutes ago, donnot said:

It's funny looking back a few months - was telling people that I'd keep the car stock looking/sounding but here I am with lowered suspension, rims, an intake, exhaust etc 😄 too much free time. Having a lot of fun though and learning a lot (good/bad) for my next car in a few years!

Whatever makes you happy mate. It is fun modifying cars, I know this very well mainly because my wife drives our car and modding it is a complete waste of time and money. She could care less so why bother. Much prefer to keep it well maintained to keep it safe and reliable. I already have a performance car on the side so this satisfies my need for excitement.