0-100 in 6.8 seconds

phonsa

6 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

I reckon that sounds wicked. Nice work mate. Have u made a shield around it to block out the hot air? 

I'm not sure that it needs a shield? The actual filter is right by the plastic shield near the wheels. https://imgur.com/a/M2uzMo2

I'm not sure if the airflow is going to be sufficient down there though with the cover on (might start pulling warmer air in?). Have a water repellant sock coming but that obviously won't stop everything and I'm not sure if it's worth cutting some holes in the plastic. 

I really need to figure out a better way of mounting it 😄. There's a bit of movement - I guess it needs some for when the engine moves around in the mounts but it's still a bit ghetto. 

Edited by donnot
  • Like 1

After some more driving + listening with the windows down, it sounds reeeeally good from the outside. Also a distinct blow-off type noise when you let off the throttle 😆 Just need the Y-pipe done to match the sound with some performance. Will be back with 0-100 times to keep the thread on-topic 😄

Wish these were easy to modify like my previous falcons. There was a smart cookie on the Ford forums who isolated the wires under the dash for the trans shift control, and after measuring resistances, came up with a simple solution of increasing firmness of the shifts.... Aka "shift kit" using a variable resistor intercepting the signal. Was bloody fantastic being able to fine tune the sloppiness out of the gear changes, and the theory was more longetivety from the trans due to less slippage = less heat. I wonder if the aurion can be done as well