Help! - Large cable not attached - Caldina -Have pictures

Lac

:help: Can someone help me here, i was looking under the car and just found this thick cable tucked away not joined to anything, coming down the side of the inside boot area, through the floor and out the bottom!, its factory but whats it for and supposed to be joined to!! I hope its not important! Its its quite long??

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

Any ideas or help??!! :blink:

Cheers

Lachlan

Looks like a remote-release cable for fuel filler door or boot/tailgate....

Good thinking! anyone with a caldina, can they check to see where it attaches to? its under the bottom right hand corner of the car.

im thinking its for the boot..

Do your remote release levers work? ie can you pop your tailgate and fuel filler door from the driver's seat? If one of them doesn't work then I'd say that's the one that's not connected.

well.

I checked and there is not even a boot release lever up front near the drivers seat and the fuel cap opens just fine.

So either im missing the boot release lever totally or its something else???

Someone with a caldina??

well.

I checked and there is not even a boot release lever up front near the drivers seat and the fuel cap opens just fine.

So either im missing the boot release lever totally or its something else???

Someone with a caldina??

Try putting the trim off around the boot lock (not the tailgate) and see if you can see a cable running to the lock. Not every car has a remote release for the tailgate (my parent's Mazda2 doesn't, for instance), because wagons tend to have handles in the gate, whereas sedans don't.

• 3 weeks later...
well I found out what it was, its was for the stock exhaust, after 4,000rmp it would open a valve in the exhaust and then make it free flow.

Makes sense, not something that would spring to mind because it's rare for ADM cars to have something like that.

• 3 months later...

or how nice to try and get it wired to work inline with a varex muffler :) cant be too hard im guessing all it does is powers it up etc......would be good as

*edit - actually might be even easier as looking at pics again its just a cable that must shorten and lengthen....id reckon it may not be too hard to rig that up to a varex if you pull it apart and have a play

Edited by jaderd

• 1 year later...

i've got two Caldina's one has not opened it's exhaust gate since it landed here, the other was working a week ago, now it doesn't. having major issues with these damn things. think i'll flog them off and keep my prado, 260,000 km's and still quicker, handles better more comfortable and far more reliable than these crap caldina's. cheaper on fuel too! VSC sux!!!