tempe bad experience poor service :(

WaynoGTS

I'm assuming any company who's not a forum sponsor we can talk about uncensored?

On Tuesday last week I ordered a set of 17"s with 215/45R17 tires, I received them yesterday (Brisbane).

This is what I ordered:

4x 17" Lenso Light S2

4x 215/45R17 Sumo Firenza ST-08 91W

4x hub insets

set wheel nuts

This is what I received yesterday after a week:

4x 17" Lenso Light S2

4x 215/45R17 Kenda Kaiser KR20 87W

4x hub insets

set wheel nuts

Here's the list of issues I encountered:

- When I ordered the staff seemed to ignore all the previous email correspondence. One of them called me back and tried to tell me the tires I was ordering wouldn't fit at all and that I needed 205/45R17, obviously so it cost them less.

- Tires sat in the Brisbane depot for 4 days, I emailed Tempe for assistance but got no response at all. I had to call TNT twice a day to get something done.

- I didn't get the agreed tires.

- There's no confirmation of my order before they sent it out obviously, otherwise I might have noticed they changed what I ordered without informing me.

- Unless I missed it somehow, I didn't receive a receipt.

Update: a day after fitting them I thought I better check the pressures. They ranged from 37 to 55 - above the maximum written on the sidewall!!!!

Update 2: I emailed them and asked for an invoice, why different tires were fitted and why the pressures were awful, and my questions were completely ignored but I should get an invoice in the mail, big whoop.

Update 3: Went to Bob Jane Toombul, had it booked in at 9, they didn't start till 10:30. When they finally finished at 11:30, they said each wheel was out by 20g. So Tempe didn't balance any of the wheels either in addition to not doing the pressures correctly.

Next time I'll order from Taleb Tyres instead, they were much more helpful and responsive, but $50 more expensive.

Edited by Wayne123R

Tempe are probably the worst I've ever deal with. The only reason they get business is they are a 'known' name in the business.

Last set of tyres were way smaller rolling diametre than should be (didnt know this until later), resulted in warning for speeding & warning cos my speedo wasn't accurate.

Staff were not very helpful when I was making enquiries...only every recieved 1 or 2 word answers, half of the questions weren't even answered or weren't even what I asked. Constantly changed what tyres were going to be in the package.

When I told him what I wanted & I'd be there on that weekend he said he will book it in & have everything here ready....turned up and no one knew anything + talked to me like shi*t when I told them what package we had worked out.

While at the shop, staff were running around swearing and being sexist d*ckheads...fair enough boys will be boys but there's a time & place, customers looked a bit uncomfortable. One guy brought his Commodore back cos there was no alignment done & it damaged something, straight away one staff started screaming all words under the sun & looked like he was about to bash him.

End Result: Not going there any time soon. I was thinking of mail-ordering some cos they cant exactly go wrong there is everythings on paper ....apparently they can.

how tempe makes money is that they promise u all sorts of WOOSH WOOSH tyres for a good price but you end up getting some superseded tyres or some crappy tyres but since they posted it they cross their fingers that the poor fella on the other end will not check..

hmm i always thought tempe tyres was good ?

See that's how they get you... they're in every magazine. Sure they might look after the guy with the Ferrari (maybe) but they're not gonna look out for the loser in the Corolla. Also if you talk to mainly young people about it they probably think Tempe is awesome because often the prices are dirt cheap - yet the wheels are dodge, the tyres are terrible and wrong load rating, and the tyre-placard has been torn off - but bro, I got rims, sick uleh.

well

they will soon realize they are a bunch of losers,

losers losing out to their competition.

bad news travels real fast, and i hope this travels with lighting speed.

i hate, HATE people who are arrogant and intimidating - if youre really p-ed off with them you could always get them back in unconventional ways.... :rolleyes:

Like getting up at 5am every morning, just so you can get there before opening hours to put a used condom on their front step?

:D

Oh that is sick... I remember one time I was on a train and someone had tied a used condom to the hand rail. It was just hanging there and a lot of the commuters didn't know and touched it as they were coming down the stairs from the top level. You coud see how disgusted they were when they soon realised what they had touched.

But back to the original topic. If I get rims in the near future, I'd be heading to Taleb tyres and paying the extra for good customer service.

Their products alone deter me from going there.

A man after my own heart. B)

Seriously guys and girls, you can get some really good bargains on DECENT rims and DECENT tyres if you shop around. Cheap is not always best. You get what you pay for . . . ;)

Edited by -JC-

Their products alone deter me from going there.

A man after my own heart. B)

Seriously guys and girls, you can get some really good bargains on DECENT rims and DECENT tyres if you shop around. Cheap is not always best. You get what you pay for . . . ;)

exactly ..... i mean before this whole credit financial melt down i dont know if ppl were aware of it but u could order Enkei's from the US with some top notch tyres shipped to your door for about the same price as these tempe (orary) tyre packages ...... 2 bad the damn aussie $ is taking a pounding

i got my rims from there, i admit there rude but that didnt bother me. new what i wanted new what i wanted to pay and got the hell out of there....simple................fully sick, i actually have to say that ozzy tyres are worse, my friend had the ****s bad when they chewed him up and spat him out, thats why i went to tempe. id rate tempe as 2 and a half out of 5

Edited by spillige

I've never had a problem with Tempe Tyres...

The service was a little slow but there's not much they can do when they have cars waiting out on the street on a Saturday...

The price was great, once my car was on the hoist they were done almost instantly and had no problems like anything mentioned above...

There's always swearing in a workshop, thats just something you've gotta accept...

My ex went to Ozzy and had nothing but problems... Have heard the same thing from many other customers too...

I guess bad service comes from every shop and could happen to anyone...

Not really much you can do I guess, if you're not happy then don't go back...

My wheels are from Tempe. Been great the whole time I've had them, in fact they guys at the last tyre place I went to te get new tyres fitted commented on how great they were to balance so they can't be too bad.

It all depends on the wheels that you get I guess.