New Aurion - oily underneath the car.

toyogun

Hi,

I tool delivery of my new aurion yesterday morning and it has been parked at home and not drive out since it was brought home.

Yesterday I noticed l there was a very small oil staint on the driveway directly underneath rear tyre mud flap on the driver side.

So I thought maybe I drove across a pool of oil? I touch the mud flap it's oily.

However today, I checked further, I notice underneath the exhaust pipe, the big blocky thing, there were droplets of oil like ready to drop, I check further, all along the driver side from front to rear,

there are droplets of oils building all ready to drop.

Is it because the dealer spray some sort of oil underneath the car as protection?

Or something is leaking?

Hopefully I'm just been paranoid?

seems strange, mine doesn't have that. ring the dealer

Yes ringing the dealer was my intention but can't really do it until Sat. Since pretty sure he will ask me to bring it in to have a look.

I think someone must ran over a pool of engine oil? Because only the driver side, front and read mud flaps are oily, the other side are dry.

I've had a similar problem before. The engine oil sump pump was leaking oil onto the ground. Brought it back to the dealer who fixed it up. My recommendation is to get it to the dealer ASAP because you don't want your engine to run out of oil, big trouble there.

I've had a similar problem before. The engine oil sump pump was leaking oil onto the ground. Brought it back to the dealer who fixed it up. My recommendation is to get it to the dealer ASAP because you don't want your engine to run out of oil, big trouble there.

I just checked my engine oil still pretty full.

When did you realized this was an issue? Did they say its quite common?

Oh ok have to take it to the dealer tommorrow.

Thanks ALL!!

I just checked my engine oil still pretty full.

When did you realized this was an issue? Did they say its quite common?

Oh ok have to take it to the dealer tommorrow.

Thanks ALL!!

Hi mate,

Realised it when I spotted a small pool of oil in my garage, had a look under the car and there were little oil droplets waiting for enough weight to drop to the ground.

They didn't say anything about whether it was common or not, my guess is it has something to do with human error because I did not see that they used any parts on the repair summary. Obviously, they gave me new oil because once they pull the plug off the sump pump, the oil will completely drain out and they have to give you new oil. Didn't charge me a cent though, I think because they were embarressed (they had recently serviced my car and maybe someone forgot to tighten the plug).

I suspect anti-rust compund seeping out. Usually most noteable on cars with Ming treatment on hotter days, but maybe Aurion's get this standard...

Gav.

I did not add any anti-rust protection such as Ming treatment.

Whatever anti rust will be as per the manufacturer application on the ca.

Yep, and the Ming stuff atleast, has a consistancy like vasoline or grease, and can run on a hot day.

I wouldn't be surprised if what you are seeing is remnants of the "thousand dollar carwash" weeping out, rust protection or not.

Cheers, Gav.

Ok Update:

Brought the car to the dealer service centre, They came to the same conclusion as what I thought yesterday, Someone must have drove the car through a pool of oil somehow!

The mechanics spent quit a bit of time looking everywhere and can't find a leak.

So he clean the underneath of the driver side of the car (from front to rear) of any oil. So will monitor it for 2 days to see if any new oil is leaking. I guess if there's oil I should be seeing it by this afternoon.

So fingers crossed.