ST162_GTTwo's '89 Celica Coupè

ST162_GTTwo

Hey guys! im new here, i just brought my car last month, and got my p's 5 days ago, here is my Celica Coupè:

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

(yeah, its the 3SFE, going to change it when i get money.)

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

(i put a blue light in, not as harsh on the eyes.)

im going to put a new steering wheel in next week, i already have it, all i need is the boss kit.

Edited by ST162_GTTwo

Welcome aboard!

Good choice in your first car..

that same Pioneer deck i had in my first car aswell.. just a shame it doesn't play mp3s

anyways, keep us updated.. and drive safe :)

Nice first car! Congratulations on getting your licence and Welcome!

Hope everything works out! Is it fair to say, "Let the modding begin?"

Keep us updated with how your steering wheel goes. You gonna get some new rims?

Yeah, im getting the boss kit next week. me and my dad are going to fit it. and i got my eye on some 15's. in black... very stylish.

Congrats to you,very nice.Love the coupe, its classic Jap ;)

i love my coupè too. :D

Welcome aboard!

Good choice in your first car..

that same Pioneer deck i had in my first car aswell.. just a shame it doesn't play mp3s

anyways, keep us updated.. and drive safe :)

It was a personal choice, my mother has owned a few toyotas, (my mum has had toyotas for ages... all of them the rav-4) and they have been very reliable. so im glad to own my own toyota

The Pioneer head deck i have dosent play mp3's? thanks for the heads up mate.

dont worry, i will keep u updated. and i always drive safe.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

New steering wheel is on, and i have added some TRD stickers. (toyotas and TRD go together like butter on toast)

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

yes, i added a cupholder too. i had to, stuff sticking a bottle next to me. thats for maps.

Edited by ST162_GTTwo

BUMP! as you can see from the pictures, i removed the "ST" designation from the rear, and put the TRD sticker in its place, i think it looks much better now. all i needed was a knife to remove the "ST" sticker, some steel wool and some water to clean up the residue, and hey presto, no more ST badge. a TRD one is in its place now. much better.

Wow, looks like you have gained quite a few kW's with all those TRD stickers LOL :lol:

Congrats on getting your P's, now that you can drive, i bet its much better then the bus :lol:

Evo

It was a personal choice, my mother has owned a few toyotas, (my mum has had toyotas for ages... all of them the rav-4) and they have been very reliable. so im glad to own my own toyota

Good choice mate. Your first car is always the most fun. Those engines sure are reliable. My old SV21 Camry had the same engine. Bullet-proof that one was. Sounds good with a pod filter (and even better with an exhaust) as well.

I LOL'ed when I saw that steering wheel. I had the exact same one on my Camry. Only difference is that it had this triangle pad thingy that went over the centre and covered up the horn and bolts. It's nice soft around the 2/10 o'clock position isn't it.

Wow, looks like you have gained quite a few kW's with all those TRD stickers LOL :lol:

Congrats on getting your P's, now that you can drive, i bet its much better then the bus :lol:

Evo

Im just a big TRD fan, ill be getting some TRD parts if i can find them, somewhere down the line. and bloody oath its better than the bus. i hate the buses we have here in adelaide... bloody horrible.

BTW: nice ascent-turned-stivo. looks awesome!

Good choice mate. Your first car is always the most fun. Those engines sure are reliable. My old SV21 Camry had the same engine. Bullet-proof that one was. Sounds good with a pod filter (and even better with an exhaust) as well.

I LOL'ed when I saw that steering wheel. I had the exact same one on my Camry. Only difference is that it had this triangle pad thingy that went over the centre and covered up the horn and bolts. It's nice soft around the 2/10 o'clock position isn't it.

I do have the triangle thingy, i chose not to put it on tho. i think it looks better without it. and yea, it is. i thrashed a VS commy the other day... automatics are crap, especially in those things. and i had a pile of dead weight in my car too! (two passengers) ill be getting a new exhaust very soon!! ill be putting a varex single tip oval on it, i already looked at it, it is going to look nuts, especially on my coupe. further down the line, ill be putting the GT-Four engine in it, and replacing the rear end to the SX one, which has disc brakes too, i think. its gonna to be one bada**e muthaf**ker!

I remember being very young and wanting a celica just like this.

You money is well spent upgrading bushes around the cars suspension (little rubber pieces that link everything up). They will be stuffed, and are a relatively easy mod to change and feel a difference at all time when driving your car.

Make it last before you make it fast at this age.

whitestivo

I remember being very young and wanting a celica just like this.

You money is well spent upgrading bushes around the cars suspension (little rubber pieces that link everything up). They will be stuffed, and are a relatively easy mod to change and feel a difference at all time when driving your car.

Make it last before you make it fast at this age.

whitestivo

Thanks For the heads up!

Edited by ST162_GTTwo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys! Another update: i have just brought a varex muffler for my car, here it is:

IMG_0202.jpg

^ side view

IMG_0203.jpg

^ 4.5" Outlet!!

IMG_0205.jpg

^ Decent size, too.

IMG_0206.jpg

^ VAREX, YO!

IMG_0201.jpg

^ Look at this guy on metal gear solid... dead guy who thinks he is a flexible gymnast... so damn uncomfortable, lol

Edited by ST162_GTTwo

update and bump: i have had the suspension redone, the old shocks were totally rooted. i have had installed some pedders (anyone know pedders?) suspension, and had the idle speed reset so the revs wont change when the aircon goes on or off. woo!