Leather upholstery

Hi Guys

I've just joined this forum site, good to see so many Toyota lovers out there! It reassures me that I've made the right choice!

I've had this crazy idea to have leather upholstery put into my car, I'm driving the 08 Levin ZR. It's just a thought for now although I did get some rough price guides from a few companys around Sydney.., $1,900 was the cheapest I was quoted. Any of you guys had this job done or know anyone that has?

Kobbs

Hi Guys

I've just joined this forum site, good to see so many Toyota lovers out there! It reassures me that I've made the right choice!

I've had this crazy idea to have leather upholstery put into my car, I'm driving the 08 Levin ZR. It's just a thought for now although I did get some rough price guides from a few companys around Sydney.., $1,900 was the cheapest I was quoted. Any of you guys had this job done or know anyone that has?

Kobbs

Make sure that is a automotive grade, so it wont fade under the sun.

1900's pretty cheap from the quotes i have recieved in the past for my older car.

but yes.. ensure you get some guarantees against fading.

Ya I more quotes around the 2500 mark... I'm not gonna spend that much money on leather seats!

I have leather on my Levin SX cost was 1800 +GST. When I was getting quotes prices ranged 1800 exGST ti 2500 inc GST. Make sure it is a reputable leather putting on person (sorry cannot remember the correct name for them). Also have leather on the 36 series Camry again 2k

There is a guy on eBay that sells leather replacement covers for around $600-700 (I think you have to remove the stock material covers). He may be able to make something up for you if you ask. I don't anything more about him, but if you search for leather car seat covers on eBay, I'm sure you will find him.

Cheers, Gav.

give doyles in auburn a call.

they do all the leather for steve jarvin motors so they have loads of experiance and are very good

i myself have dealed with through work and got very good deals.

although i have no idea what they would charge for a whole car.

if we damage leather at work we get them to retrim it for us.

they do all the leather for steve jarvin motors so they have loads of experiance and are very good

Terry Shields also uses them (or at least did when we got our Camry)

There is a Doyles in Artarmon, is that the same mob? If so that's where I got the quote of 1900! So it's a good price(well best I got) and they have a good rep. Defiantly worth having a further look into, My wife's very keen on the idea also so that helps!! Any other recommendations around Sydney, I got another quote of 1900 from "Vics motor trimming" in Marrickville. I'm not really keen on the idea of getting covers to be honest!

ummm...how abt a pair of leather Bride bucket seat?

Mmmm I dont know about those, I'd prefer to just get the leather seats to be honest, I read another thread on here about those Bride bucket seats which your good self contributed to and it all just sounds like too much hassle to me! Their a bit boyracer aswell aren't they!