TRD Aurion Supercharger for sale

Soloman

Well guys after a few months of all my stuff sitting in storage i am now in the process of getting rid of everything.. this includes the supercharger i brought on ebay a few months ago..

I have taken it to toyota in Darwin and spoken to the TRD Tech. He had it for the day and said there is nothing wrong with it at all.

I can provide names and number of the Tech for confirmation that everything is in working order.

Now i did not want to sell this but i have been forced to by the ex gf.. :(

So here it is. Im offereing it on here first before it is put on ebay..

I brough this SC for $1675. So PM me a bid around that area and we can work out a deal.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering where you disappeared to, hehehe. As tempting as it is, I must say no. Though.... a sleeper Sportivo would be hot. I can see it now. Put on some rims like PaulMT to gain extra grip and to retain the stock look, then I can surprise an unsuspecting TRD Aurion and more. Maybe even if the S/C can run at a slightly higher boost as well. Hmmm. I think I better put my mind on something else.

Man I wish I was made of money...then I'd buy it and bring it to work just to use as a paperweight.

Price is d@mn cheap though if anyone was willing to do the changeover.

Man I wish I was made of money...then I'd buy it and bring it to work just to use as a paperweight.

Aww, come on man. You know you want it. You need to back up your TRD bumper with the performance you know.

Aww, come on man. You know you want it. You need to back up your TRD bumper with the performance you know.

Darryl. Do you knooooooooooooow how much sh!t I got in for buying the bumper without checking with her first? I even told her that it was her Xmas present to me that she doesn't need to pay for.

Still haven't told her about the headlight too....

LOL sounds like me and the wife regarding my front strut bar. Separate bank accounts FTW!

Someone needs to put on that TRD supercharger, add an intercooler and increase the boost on that. I've heard that it is calibrated the way it is because that's the best they could get it to run safely without an intercooler (more compression = higher temperature).

You know you want to. How many superchargers that are custom made for your Aurion's engine go on sale? Certainly not a daily occurrence.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

Advertise it on Toyota nation and make a profit! AU$1500 is around US$800 for someone over there. They are sure to go for it as the old TRD superchargers for the gen4 Camrys were US$2500 new.

Edited by SupaTouring

Advertise it on Toyota nation and make a profit! AU$1500 is around US$800 someone there is sure to go for it as the old superchargers for the gen4 Camrys were US$2500 new.

That's some good thinking there. Those guys would love to have one, especially if they could have it shipped over reasonably priced.

Someone needs to put on that TRD supercharger, add an intercooler and increase the boost on that.

I somehow think it is impossible with the design of this supercharger.

I'm interested in the supercharger, but what will I need to make it work with a stock 2gr-fe Camry? I'm sure the ECU is different, what else? Longer belt for pulley or extra idlers? I bet shipping to Houston, TX. will cost a fortune! Please post some pics and maybe a contact at trd the in OZ for installation items.

TM

i thought you would have given up on trying to fit it! there'd definitely be more than a few grands worth of work to fit it and get it working properly, and giving a lot of bitch slaps to trd staff to get them to help.

Man that is a nice offer. I would get it but i can't spare any money right now, And shipping would murder me.

Lets say if i did get it though. What would i need to do?, Just install the supercharger and thats it?, No other parts need changing?.

Man that is a nice offer. I would get it but i can't spare any money right now, And shipping would murder me.

Lets say if i did get it though. What would i need to do?, Just install the supercharger and thats it?, No other parts need changing?.

You may need to do the air intake, manifold, exhaust and ECU remapping as well.

Not even sure how much they would cost. maybe alot?? :blink:

the word i got from a TRD Tech was there is not much change to the engine from the Normal Aurion. The fuel lines are the same The intake is the same. The only thing that needs to be changed is the belt just needs to be longer to add the pulley in.. Also the ECU needs to be changed. its still the same ECU as the normal aurion just some minor changes..

Other than that because it only puts in a extra 4psi none of the engine needs to be re-enforced the current build is strong enough..

Ooo and it does weigh a few kgs.. so freight in AUS is only $75 ish .. over seas.. i dont know..

Edited by Soloman

but considering no-one has been able to hack into the ecu to alter anything, and there is no piggyback ecu available as of yet for the n/a to s/c conversion, you would need to source a new (or used) ecu from a trd, which will be the killer. say hello to almost personal loan territory.

can that really be true ? the trd engine has same internals as normal engine ? i wonder then how hard the trd engine is pushed , surely itd couldnt handle much more boost?

though its good news for ppl with the atmo engine, wait till kappa and raptor start playing with them and ull prob have an even better forced induction option, to be honest if u took ur stock aurion to one of them with a s/c charger and tols them to go for it i wouldnt be suprised if they would wrok it out, problem is they cant make new kits for new cars until they get a donor car

Edited by fnfat6

can that really be true ? the trd engine has same internals as normal engine ? i wonder then how hard the trd engine is pushed , surely itd couldnt handle much more boost?

though its good news for ppl with the atmo engine, wait till kappa and raptor start playing with them and ull prob have an even better forced induction option, to be honest if u took ur stock aurion to one of them with a s/c charger and tols them to go for it i wouldnt be suprised if they would wrok it out, problem is they cant make new kits for new cars until they get a donor car

All I know about is the engine is same and the s/c can be bolted on the normal engine.

but the thing is since you install the s/c, you have to re-map or exchange ecu(which could cost alot and take the risk of engine being unstable eventho someone already has hacked the aurion's ecu), intake and exhaust need to be done since the amount of air flow will be changed because of s/c.

IMO, it would cost alot to put the s/c on and it could be risky too because of the ecu matters.

If the ecu can be hacked and re-mapped, it would be even better because we can have chances of using the other s/c models on the engine with higher boost.

It's glad to see someone being the first one, but I am just worrying of trial errors because no one's gonna know how much it would cost.

the reason i didnt bid on this item, is coz i have already quoted a price for the ecu and stuff. and the price is not exactly accurate till the job is done.

keep the story simple, i dont suggest someone to buy this if they have no idea on how to make it work 'correctly' on your car.

i saw a plastic intake in the online manual, it may have a different intake manifold or it was limited to 4psi because of the plastic manifold. I wonder why they didn't use 7psi which is normal when they turbocharge a n/a engine?

7 Psi might lead to too much power for the drivetrain, well more so a FWD car to handle. Just my opinion. Would love to see whoever buys this item with the end result.

are you talking about breaking dif/boxs or torque steer or getting traction to the ground ?

ive spent alot of money on another FWD a few years back , ( i had a 2000 magna making around 145/150atws NA) yeah FWD is a hazard but you can tune and mod around it,

torque steer can be tuned out with right suspension settings 90% of the time, breaking stuff is a problem but a good tuner can adjust torque and power setting to suit a trans ( i have in my xt6T atm ) also as with my xr6t you maybe be able to tune the trans as to how hard it shifts, this greatly increases a trans life , can even have anything below say 5 grand a soft shift and anything over and it will shift hard so it suits both occasions . but yeah i know this can only happen if u crack the ecu.

and getting traction.. well anyone who build s a FWD as a drag car have rocks in their head, it just dont work, however an LSD can fix the problem (costly though)

what im trying to say is FWD is not as bad alot alot of ppl make out, i personally know of someone who races improved production class with a 240kw atws NA magna with compete very very well against much sportier RWD cars .

any ECU can be tuned, obviously the TRD has been tuned for the s/c so it is possible, down the track you guys might get lucky and the ecu could be re flashed without a piggy back ecu , or worst case scenario ... youll need a full aftermarket ecu and lose some of ur nice luxurys :(

If anyone really wants to start serious modding i reccomend ringing some worthy dyno shops and just see if they wanna have a go

^^ Agree

The torque steer in the TRD is not as bad as a lot of reviews make it out to be. It's more a tug rather than pulling the wheel out of your hands. IMO it actually makes the car fun to drive...yes, call me an idiot but that's what I feel. The main problem is the wheels' loss of traction. I am really trying to find a solution to the traction issue. If anyone knows a mechanic that has a solution, I'd be keen to give it a try.

Limited slip diff, though it might make torque steer worse, but ull get better traction but in a FWD its alot more costly cos diff and box is all one , .. 245's ..wider tead mean more traction, ... spacers (proper engineered ones!!! no dodgy ones to dangerous) once again further apart wheels = more traction, , but theres always a pay off ..

also look into an anti lift kit, it helps prevent the front lifting on take off

• 4 weeks later...