TRD Aurion Supercharger for sale

Soloman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This SC is still for sale.. ill be putting it up on ebay soon.. arrgg i wish i wasent soo busy and soo broke :(

Do you know the history of the SC?

Was it bought or taken from a car?

Do you know the source where I can get the ECU with the SC?

This SC is still for sale.. ill be putting it up on ebay soon.. arrgg i wish i wasent soo busy and soo broke :(

there r much more than that u should be worrying about.. ;)

there r much more than that u should be worrying about.. ;)

Such as?

• 4 months later...
How to buy TRD Aurion Supercharger kit?

How much does it cost?

You can't simply buy a TRD supercharger kit for the Aurion. If you really want to get the supercharger and all the required accessories to make it run, you can try ringing your nearest Toyota spare parts department. You probably won't get too far though. For the supercharger alone, you'd probably be looking at more than $10,000, and that's even if you could buy it. I guess there is no harm in asking them.

the word i got from a TRD Tech was there is not much change to the engine from the Normal Aurion. The fuel lines are the same The intake is the same. The only thing that needs to be changed is the belt just needs to be longer to add the pulley in.. Also the ECU needs to be changed. its still the same ECU as the normal aurion just some minor changes..

Other than that because it only puts in a extra 4psi none of the engine needs to be re-enforced the current build is strong enough..

Ooo and it does weigh a few kgs.. so freight in AUS is only $75 ish .. over seas.. i dont know..

the ECU will cost a lot of money... But man.. that S/C is a steal... good luck with your sale

• 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed that this is still around, even given the fact it's not a straight forward fit. People will spend $4-5K on a paint job, god knows how much on a body kit, tints, stereo etc. but a genuine supercharger made specifically for your car that you can't normally buy for less than $10K and nobody wants it! :blink:

Buying it is a really tempting thought, but if I were to go for forced induction, I'd prefer to go turbo.

Don't get me wrong; I love superchargers and as nice as it would be to have a TRD supercharger, it is fairly restrictive in what it can do. If it had a decent whine to it, that may be the only selling point for me. On top of that though, the lack of intercooling is another fail. The gains, even though the supercharger here is well priced, are not really the best 'bang for your buck'.

From Japan TOM"s

http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/catalogsite/si...pressor/v6.html

2GR-FE 純正コンピューターラベルにトヨタ品番 "89661-30J40"及びデンソー品番" 275100-1941 "の両記載のある物のみ対応となります。アッパーパフォマンスロッドとの同時装着不可。 13600-TGS91 ¥1,102,500 ¥1,050,000 ルーツタイプコンプレッサーユニット、水冷インタークーラーシステム、専用コンピュータ、専用ハーネス、専用Vベルト、パイピング類、取り付けパーツ一式 最大出力 263kw(358ps)/6,400pm,最大トルク 488N・m(49.8kg・m)/4,600pm 耐熱FRP製No.11209-TS001(¥52,500)

From Japan TOM"s

http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/catalogsite/si...pressor/v6.html

2GR-FE 純正コンピューターラベルにトヨタ品番 "89661-30J40"及びデンソー品番" 275100-1941 "の両記載のある物のみ対応となります。アッパーパフォマンスロッドとの同時装着不可。 13600-TGS91 ¥1,102,500 ¥1,050,000 ルーツタイプコンプレッサーユニット、水冷インタークーラーシステム、専用コンピュータ、専用ハーネス、専用Vベルト、パイピング類、取り付けパーツ一式 最大出力 263kw(358ps)/6,400pm,最大トルク 488N・m(49.8kg・m)/4,600pm 耐熱FRP製No.11209-TS001(¥52,500)

That appears to be a bolt-on kit for the Lexus IS350 or GS350. Because those cars have a longitudinal engine layout, the kit would be custom made to fit that. Additionally, I'm sure it would have meant 2GR-FSE as that's what they use.

Anyways, if you reckon you could get that kit to work, feel free. But for AUD$15,000, I wouldn't be willing to try it.

to be honest... the way the car market is right now, you'd be better off selling your car and buying a proper TRD... the costs involved in bringing up the non-trd model to trd spec (ie, s/c, ecu, brakes, suspension, etc.) would be so high, i wouldnt even want to consider it...

soloman: have you tried selling it on the american forums? someone from over there may be interested.. just a thought.

just something extra to think of..

I have a skyline v35 tat i m thinking to go thru FI mod, turbo was my first choice, and then it changed to SC.. But when i sat in a car with SC last track day, i found that i actually love how turbo sounds more.. whining is just.... not my liking..

$15k? GO CUSTOM TURBO!!

i found that i actually love how turbo sounds more.. whining is just.... not my liking..

Turbo does sound nice, but each to their own really. This is what I want to hear:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

i found that i actually love how turbo sounds more.. whining is just.... not my liking..

Turbo does sound nice, but each to their own really. This is what I want to hear:

Im glad my s/c doesnt sound like that. I would be getting pretty sick of hearing it all the time in my everyday car. Plus having a quiet s/c makes it more of a sleeper on the road.

Each to their own I guess. I liked the subtle whistle the standard TT Supra had. I wouldn't mind hearing my charger a bit more but nothing like the vid, that sounded like an electric car :yahoo:

Im glad my s/c doesnt sound like that. I would be getting pretty sick of hearing it all the time in my everyday car. Plus having a quiet s/c makes it more of a sleeper on the road.

"SLEEPER"......... Couse you cant half tell its a TRD......... :toast: