Vinyl roof

leasaunce

Hi guys,

anyone here can suggest me a good shop that does Vinyl? I want to get my roof black, but painting it will cost quite expensive. So the alternative would be vinyl.

If there's one in sydney, please let me know...

i heard tht vinyl can be more expensive then repainting it plus it will wreck ur paint job so at the end of the day you would still have to respray it..

Hi guys,

anyone here can suggest me a good shop that does Vinyl? I want to get my roof black, but painting it will cost quite expensive. So the alternative would be vinyl.

If there's one in sydney, please let me know...

i heard tht vinyl can be more expensive then repainting it plus it will wreck ur paint job so at the end of the day you would still have to respray it..

how is a $100 Sticker more expensive than a $500 respray?.... at least its reversible.

Glue residue isnt a problem if you use good quality auto vinyl.

how is a $100 Sticker more expensive than a $500 respray?.... at least its reversible.

where do u go get $100 vinyls done?$100 probably gets u material for the wrap..but there's also labour cost to be factored in as well.From what i know,Jemahl from Current Trendz who work in the same shop as me does it for like $4-500 depending on ease of doing the roof.I know it sounds easy to do,but i've watched him wrapped a couple of roofs last yr..its alot of work to get the roof wrapped in 1 piece vinyl.

where do u go get $100 vinyls done?$100 probably gets u material for the wrap..but there's also labour cost to be factored in as well.From what i know,Jemahl from Current Trendz who work in the same shop as me does it for like $4-500 depending on ease of doing the roof.I know it sounds easy to do,but i've watched him wrapped a couple of roofs last yr..its alot of work to get the roof wrapped in 1 piece vinyl.

yeah i just speak to the guys who do the livery on V8 Supercars... they just quoted me material costs for Auto Vinyl, not the 1 peice wrap stuff.. it was "carbon look" vinyl.

yeah i just speak to the guys who do the livery on V8 Supercars... they just quoted me material costs for Auto Vinyl, not the 1 peice wrap stuff.. it was "carbon look" vinyl.

so u need more than 1 piece of carbon vinyl?what Jemahl does is use a sheet of vinyl(be it black or carbon) that covers the entire area of the roof all in 1 piece so there are no joining lines etc from using 2 or 3 pieces of vinyl.

so u need more than 1 piece of carbon vinyl?what Jemahl does is use a sheet of vinyl(be it black or carbon) that covers the entire area of the roof all in 1 piece so there are no joining lines etc from using 2 or 3 pieces of vinyl.

i seen some of his work or work in progress and they look sweet ***** :)

check out advanced airbrush in minchinbury. i did work experience for them back in yr 10 when they were still at mtdruitt.

they do all the vinyl ads on buses n do a lot of custom airbrush jobs on pretty much anything you can apply paint on. ive never seen them do a carbon looking job though but it wont hurt to ask.

i was actually wondering the same thing the other week when i drove up to advanced airbrush to pick up their "how to airbrush" dvd...

black vinyl roof + hood... hmm..

check out advanced airbrush in minchinbury. i did work experience for them back in yr 10 when they were still at mtdruitt.

they do all the vinyl ads on buses n do a lot of custom airbrush jobs on pretty much anything you can apply paint on. ive never seen them do a carbon looking job though but it wont hurt to ask.

i was actually wondering the same thing the other week when i drove up to advanced airbrush to pick up their "how to airbrush" dvd...

black vinyl roof + hood... hmm..

thank you so much! you're so helpful! just checked their website and look promising!

im really loving the matt black...

you think its possible to DIY? im sure ive seen it done on how to channel on foxtel...

they got some good mod'ing shows on there you know!?!?!

just a matter of finding a supplier... anyone know a store you can get these in sydney? wholesale preferebly?

Edited by J_J

Nice vinyl job on the Rolla

Where in WA did you get that done? Im in albany & want my roof wrapped.

Thanks. It was done by a guy named Harry. He lives around the Myaree area

where abouts did you buy the vinyl? im thinking what the carbon fibre woul look like on your car. even the silver carbon fibre look would be better than matt black!

I didn't buy the vinyl as I didn't do the job. To me I prefer the matte black as it looks more track spec imo.

To those who wanna try DIY, all I can say is good luck. They guy who did mine said its a hard job as there is that bulge at the front of the bonnet. Curves of that nature are difficult to do, but he did well and the results are awesome.