synergy 8000

well tonight i was drivign back from work and my petrol light was on so i stopped by the mobil i usally goto on tuesdays (im a tight *****)and lol normal unleaded was empty so it was either e10 or synergy 8000. So i thought to my self may aswell see what all the fuss about 98 RON is about. All i can say is OMFG i notice the difference as spoon as i started the car the power was great so was the response and it was soo smooth i dotn think ill ever go back to 91 regular petrol :)

whats better bp ultimate or mobil synergy?

Mobil Synergy 8000 is Caltex Vortex98

Explain

Im assuming he means they both come from the same refinery. Both companies selling the same product basically.

he means it's supplied by the same manufacturer, with different labels put on it. what's so ambiguous?

it's also a bit of a placebo effect with switching from 91 to 98. while it will slightly increase power (in a 100kw corolla, this wouldnt be much), it's more so that you know you have a tank full of 98ron and thus think it's better to drive with. you'll only really notice a difference in fuel economy over a couple of tanks of the stuff

not the same on the caltex fuel my car detinated on the syn 8000 smooth as no changes to nething other then fuel

not the same on the caltex fuel my car detinated on the syn 8000 smooth as no changes to nething other then fuel

Exactly the same. Obviously some other problem.

Explain

Im assuming he means they both come from the same refinery. Both companies selling the same product basically.

Exactly. Mobil doesnt supply any petrol stations in ACT/NSW. Caltex supplies on their behalf.

Explain

Exactly. Mobil doesnt supply any petrol stations in ACT/NSW. Caltex supplies on their behalf.

110% correct.

but to answer the question, i think ultimate is better.

v power racing was the best for my old 20v with my ecu tuned to 101RON

All i can say is OMFG i notice the difference as spoon as i started the car

errr ... but dont you still have the old fuel in your fuel rail, lines, pump untill the new fuel reaches your injectors.

yer it was placebi but todya it was totally diff from normal 91 it felt alot smoother.

All i can say is OMFG i notice the difference as spoon as i started the car

errr ... but dont you still have the old fuel in your fuel rail, lines, pump untill the new fuel reaches your injectors.

yer it was placebi but todya it was totally diff from normal 91 it felt alot smoother.

i recon its all in the head.. xD

The significant difference between 91 and 98 RON here is that the latter resists autoignition more than the former. This in no way means that 98 RON has 'more energy', other things being equal. If the difference you experienced was more than placebo, I would suggest that it is an indication of premature detonation experienced by your car whilst running 91 rather than some sort of 'boost' from running 98, or consistently crappy / watered-down fuel (yes this certainly does still occur).

I'm not a mechanical engineer so what I'm about to say might be mostly BS.

Running a higher RON should simply allow you to run a steeper timing curve, which I believe is controlled and adjusted somewhat dynamically by modern ECUs (though maybe someone can verify this?). So over time, you should notice a difference IF the ECU runs increasingly more timing until it detects knocking (or you adjust it yourself). Cars without knock sensors, like mine, should experience zero difference in performance unless there's some kind of relevant mechanical error with the way 91 RON ignites (eg: over-advanced timing).

98 RON is somewhat cleaner, however. One company's fact sheet claimed that their flagship fuel contained 3x less sulfur compared with their regular unleaded (sulfur oxides like to make acid rain).

Running a higher RON should simply allow you to run a steeper timing curve, which I believe is controlled and adjusted somewhat dynamically by modern ECUs (though maybe someone can verify this?). So over time, you should notice a difference IF the ECU runs increasingly more timing until it detects knocking (or you adjust it yourself). Cars without knock sensors, like mine, should experience zero difference in performance unless there's some kind of relevant mechanical error with the way 91 RON ignites (eg: over-advanced timing).

98 RON is somewhat cleaner, however. One company's fact sheet claimed that their flagship fuel contained 3x less sulfur compared with their regular unleaded (sulfur oxides like to make acid rain).

I agree with you on that one. It's not the fuel itself that gives more energy, it's the fact that you can put more of it into each cylinder (provided you have enough oxygen to match). The gain from this though on a modern, already tuned engine is barely even noticeable. With the Aurion, the switch to premium only gives a further gain of 4kW, which no mater how hard you try, you just won't feel it.

With respect to that and using the Aurion as an example (as I don't even know if the new Corolla has better figures on premium), I figured that when running on normal unleaded, it simply puts less (ever so slightly) fuel in on each cycle, but also reduces the air intake to suit. This gives it a rating of 200kW. When it has premium though, it is able to let as much air in as possible, then it can simply add the right amount of fuel to suit.

yes, but then there is always the possibility of the fuel (depending on the RON) raising the compression in each cylinder above it's peak operating compression ratio, and putting undue stress on the pistons and thus creating more resistance. so depending upon the engine, premium can even reduce power and fuel economy rather than giving slightly more torque available to transfer the power to the crankshaft.

but given the difference in compression ratio between the corolla (10) and the aurion (10.8), premium is better for the aurion.

All the local Toyotas (especially Corollas) are tuned for 91 RON. Using 98 RON will not make much of a noticeable difference.

My turbo skyline was tuned for 98RON +, so I was only using 98RON + fuels in it.

The higher the octane rating the less detonation.

I only use V Power in my new corolla which is 98 PULP.

All the local Toyotas (especially Corollas) are tuned for 91 RON. Using 98 RON will not make much of a noticeable difference.

My turbo skyline was tuned for 98RON +, so I was only using 98RON + fuels in it.

The higher the octane rating the less detonation.

I only use V Power in my new corolla which is 98 PULP.

So... you own a Corolla, and you say its tuned for 91 Octane, and you say 98 wont make a difference, but then you say you use 98 Octane. Why?

Corolla Sportivo will not run on 91 Octane.

Do any of you who posted above understand the meaning of density?

Well in the first post Ascendant justice was referring to his car. He has the new Corolla which has no issue running on standard unleaded. The posts in reply to this are directing at that situation. Maybe if anything, Modena slipped up and said "All the local Toyotas (especially Corollas) are tuned for 91 RON."