Changing number plate lights / bulbs

mrdau

Well, it's beyond hot outside at a 36-37 degrees Celsius, but this is for you. It took longer taking the photos than the actual procedure itself. How hard did you poke exactly? .... jokes.

Just follow the photos in order, you should be able to figure it out:

dsc03323ai8.jpg

dsc03324vz8.jpg

dsc03325ui5.jpg

dsc03326ly0.jpg

dsc03327ok4.jpg

dsc03328zf8.jpg

dsc03329ue5.jpg

dsc03330ni3.jpg

dsc03331lb3.jpg

dsc03332vh5.jpg

Well, it's beyond hot outside at a 36-37 degrees Celsius, but this is for you. It took longer taking the photos than the actual procedure itself. How hard did you poke exactly? .... jokes.

Cheers again Darryl, I actually had a bit more of a look at it when i got home and saw the clips on the carpet but could get online to retract the thread i'll be more careful next time. When you replaced the glove box light did you have to remove the glove box completly or am i failing to see an easier way....

Cheers again Darryl, I actually had a bit more of a look at it when i got home and saw the clips on the carpet but could get online to retract the thread i'll be more careful next time. When you replaced the glove box light did you have to remove the glove box completly or am i failing to see an easier way....

All good mate. At least the details are here for the future. Not everyone thinks alike or is willing to just pull stuff apart on their car. As for the glove box light, your glove box is definitely coming out. Not hard though, two screws on the underside, and three screws on the inside. Then it all just pops out.

Wheres the best place to get an LED bulb replacement for the stock globe??

From the thread: LED and HID and Kangaroos

...The door lights, map reading lights, parkers, and number plate lights all use a 5W T10 style bulb. You can easily get LED replacements off eBay by searching with the parameter "T10 LED SMD <insert colour>". If you don't have the moonroof, your dome light uses a 31mm festoon bulb and you can easily get festoon LED replacements off eBay as well. You can go to other online LED stores, but eBay is the most convenient I find.

• 2 years later...

dsc03323ai8.jpg

Hahaha thats gold.... :lol: