LICENCE SOON!!!

sketra

Well YAY im on my second phase and just getting my hours up and then OMG imma be on my P's and then i can come out to cruises and show off 5K37RA. YAY..... how cool. Oh and my car should be back on the roads in about 2 weeks time. Will keep you posted tho.

when i completed my L's and jumped onto my p's (i got my p's 1 day after transition and now on greens) i feel more relaxed and it became natural, when i was on my L's i was one of thoes "oh gosh i gotta check my left and right, oh no i forgot to look left" kind of people, worried about everything.

There is an evil way of doing the hours, i know some people whilst i was working (i work across from 2 schools) bragging about working backwards of the ordomitor and going backwards from what they had their car. Its a bad way to do it, and the rules were implimented for a reason and im glad you arnt doing that. Another responsible driver, hooray and congratulations!

Ive done the test stupid...

Obviously you guys do things differently over there on the other side of the world, because here we have to do a driving test before we get our Ps, as in that very day, not weeks in advance, and you have to have done all your hours beforehand. And if you do that driving test in an auto, you are restricted to driving an auto for the first 12 months of your Ps, unless you have a supervising driver or retake the test in a manual car.

So don't call me stupid.

Obviously you guys do things differently over there on the other side of the world, because here we have to do a driving test before we get our Ps, as in that very day, not weeks in advance, and you have to have done all your hours beforehand. And if you do that driving test in an auto, you are restricted to driving an auto for the first 12 months of your Ps, unless you have a supervising driver or retake the test in a manual car.

So don't call me stupid.

Hiro,

(EDIT, i got it the wrong way around)

Over in WA you still do a test as you do in the east. But instead of having 2 different colour P's (ala NSW), they have 2 different stages of L plates (computer tests and a practical test) - then a log book and another computer test for your provisional license.

But I'm sure the WA crew are really looking forward to cruising with you, sketra... maybe you can take them to this year's autosalon and bend over their cars...

Or show them your cannon...

Or your evo bonnet...

and your hektik rear wing...

Or your tattoo...

Or your contract from 'make me a supermodel'...

Edited by Leroy

So don't call me stupid.

Hiro,

Over in WA you still do a test a you do in the east. But instead of having 2 different colour P's (ala NSW), they have 2 different stages of L plates (computer tests and a log book) - then a practical test for your provisional license. If she hasn't got her P plates yet, and is still on the second phase of her L plates, then she hasn't done the final practical yet...

So is it that final practical test which determines whether or not you can drive auto on your Ps?

And by the sounds of it, your Ls are basically the same as us, we have a computerised knowledge test to get our Ls, then we're on a log-book for 120 hours (with supervisor, obviously) and min. 6 months, then a practical driving test to get our red Ps and our independence. Only difference between the two stages of our Ps is that you do a hazard perception test, you can go 100km/h instead of 90, and any transmission license restrictions from your driving test are removed.

Hiro,

Sorry, I didn't edit my first post in time.

When I did my Ps in WA, it was pretty much the same as NSW (eg. my first day of driving by myself was immediately after I had passed the practical).

Now its a bit backwards. You do your basic computer test to get the Ls. Then after you have had enough instruction, you take a practical to get to phase 2 - this means that if you pass the test, you then get a log book to do your hrs. You are now also permitted to drive supervised on the freeways.

Once you log enough hours, you sit another computer test - voila, you have your P's.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/learnerdrivers/1476.asp

Hiro,

Sorry, I didn't edit my first post in time.

When I did my Ps in WA, it was pretty much the same as NSW (eg. my first day of driving by myself was immediately after I had passed the practical).

Now its a bit backwards. You do your basic computer test to get the Ls. Then after you have had enough instruction, you take a practical to get to phase 2 - this means that if you pass the test, you then get a log book to do your hrs. You are now also permitted to drive supervised on the freeways.

Once you log enough hours, you sit another computer test - voila, you have your P's.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/learnerdrivers/1476.asp

Wow that sounds like a crappy system.....you have to sit an extra test just to be able to use the freeways? Then again, L-platers on the F3 over here are the bain of many an interstate driver, 80km/h compared to 110km/h trucks is not a good idea - nothing wrong with limiting them to 80 on backroads etc, but bump it up to 90 or 100 for the freeway for crying out loud. If someone hits an L-plater on the freeway, it's equivalent to hitting a stationary car at 30km/h, which is significant.

thats harsh, in QLD the difference between red P and green P is that red doesnt let you have passangers after 11pm. and we cant have turbo charged cars... unless their deisel! and with learners its 100hrs of driving, however good news for the older folks, you just need to keep your Ls for 1 year and its straigh to opens or red p's for 6 months, cant remember..

What a mission it is these days. I was lucky that it was just a quick multiple choice test for my L's, then a 30 minute driving test for my P's.

Im with DJKOR on this one, the L's test was a sit-down hand-written test, and then later on the P's was just a practical test :lol: im glad i got my p's before all this new rule **** came in :o

Evo

Edited by Evo7

thats harsh, in QLD the difference between red P and green P is that red doesnt let you have passangers after 11pm. and we cant have turbo charged cars... unless their deisel! and with learners its 100hrs of driving, however good news for the older folks, you just need to keep your Ls for 1 year and its straigh to opens or red p's for 6 months, cant remember..

We've got similar things too between red and green about passengers, using mobiles etc, but I can't remember all the details because I was on my greens before they were introduced. Same goes for turbo/supercharged etc, except for diesels and some select models which have high safety (like low-blow Saabs, Mercs etc, I THINK, this was changed) or are so obviously not a danger (Copen/kei cars)

Here in WA we have our red p plates which mean you cant drive between 12am-5am

green p plates pretty much have no restriction

except it is worth noting that with L, red and green p plates you aren't allowed a single drop of alcohol in your blood :P

except it is worth noting that with L, red and green p plates you aren't allowed a single drop of alcohol in your blood :P

Same here. Back when I originally got my red Ps, it was 0.02, now it's zero. That's one of my main reasons to get my blacks....well, that and my green Ps run out in February. And the F3 freeway.

Hiro,

(EDIT, i got it the wrong way around)

Over in WA you still do a test as you do in the east. But instead of having 2 different colour P's (ala NSW), they have 2 different stages of L plates (computer tests and a practical test) - then a log book and another computer test for your provisional license.

But I'm sure the WA crew are really looking forward to cruising with you, sketra... maybe you can take them to this year's autosalon and bend over their cars...

Or show them your cannon...

Or your evo bonnet...

and your hektik rear wing...

Or your tattoo...

Or your contract from 'make me a supermodel'...

Hahaha im not good looking am i to be in the auto salon... oh wait my mate wanted me to be a model for his car LOL...... But guys just wait for her to be painted n a have the rims on and then you can critique.