Burning question!!

byw

Thanks for trying this guys, now I know I am not the only one, maybe it's just normal. Sorry if I've now given you all something to listen out for and be annoyed, its just that to me it sounds very loud to be just a warning beep, especially if you compare it to say the parking sensors............

My Presara's quiet on startup, just the way I like it.

Louder than the parking assist beeps? That must be annoying!

I don't think I've EVER heard the beep you mention! The only audible alarms I get in my car are:

- Pparking assist

- Seatbelt notifications (are you by chance fastening the seatbelt just after starting your car, maybe it's the seatbelt alarm!)

- Door ajar notification

- and of course the all time great "you just drove off with the hand/foot brake applied you idiot" notification. This got me a few times when the car was new and took me some time to get accustomed to the foot brake. Now I love it, and usually end up doing the now instinctive (yet pointless) tap dance in my wife's car looking for it... She's got a ford, so naturally it's a lever half the size of a baseball bat in between the seats...

Hi All,

I have been wondering about this for a while and wanted to know the purpose of the black metal box in the boot just under the parcel shelf.

I have attached a picture of it for your reference.

Hope someone can answer my question....

Thanks.

post-11199-1232204721_thumb.jpg

I always thought the box was part of the sat-nav system. could be wrong though.

Cheers

I haven't had time myself to do this, has anyone checked the very detailed service manuals available in this forum for information on what that mystery box is?

I have gone through the service manual quite a while back and from my own memory, I don't recall reading anything about that box. I figured that if there is no explanation of it in the Electrical Wiring Diagram, then it isn't going to be anywhere in the manuals. There was no mention of Toyota Link or anything like that throughout the manuals. Just one more reason to suspect Toyota Link.

This is from my own memory though. It is possible I skipped over something. I have been able to remember quite a bit from the manuals though.

There was no mention of Toyota Link or anything like that throughout the manuals. Just one more reason to suspect Toyota Link.

This is from my own memory though. It is possible I skipped over something. I have been able to remember quite a bit from the manuals though.

Actually you make a good point. The manuals are for the US version of the car and they don't have Toyota Link there. They do instead have learning remote control buttons for your gates & garage doors.

So if the US car doesn't have Toyota Link and doesn't have the box in the boot, they're most likely related.

Nope, My car doesn't have Toyotalink. They don't offer that service where i live. Sounds pretty neat though.

Think DJKOR is correct about it having something to do with Toyotalink. Thing looks heavy, though. Wonder how much it weighs!.

PsychoRez also confirmed that his version of the Presara (Grande) does not have Toyotalink and instead he has a fire extinguisher in the location where the black metal box sits.

• 2 weeks later...