The Sport Grill club

Sera30

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry - only pic I have with mine is with eyelids (installed at the same time)

I live close by and I am surprised I have never seen your car around Wulf.. Good choice on mods, it is looking great... You should mesh the bottom grill, I did mine last week and it adds that extra touch that would complete your front.

Sorry - only pic I have with mine is with eyelids (installed at the same time)

I live close by and I am surprised I have never seen your car around Wulf.. Good choice on mods, it is looking great... You should mesh the bottom grill, I did mine last week and it adds that extra touch that would complete your front.

Thats next on my list of things to do... Probably never see me because I usually head to work around 5 and don't get back til around 8... cost of earning money sadly.

Not sure on how to approach the lower grill, drilling holes in things was never something I have been comfortable with...

Not sure on how to approach the lower grill, drilling holes in things was never something I have been comfortable with...

I didn't have to drill any holes to mount the mesh in my lower grill. The mesh is mounted in front of the existing (removable) lower air intake section and cable tied on to the existing bars on the intake. Works well and you can hardly see the ties.

Edited by michaelweare

michael: that looks great man! would be interested to see it in real life though... meshing always comes out different in pictures in my experience..

on another note... holy crap you've got a wide garage... a prado and an aurion and you can still comfortably walk around the cars...

or maybe its just cause we have so much crap in our garage!! :lol:

I didn't have to drill any holes to mount the mesh in my lower grill. The mesh is mounted in front of the existing (removable) lower air intake section and cable tied on to the existing bars on the intake. Works well and you can hardly see the ties.

Good work! I dont really get how you did it but it looks clean. My only crit is that I'm not a fan of how shiny the mesh it. I personally thnk a matte silver (or light grey) would look better.

michael: that looks great man! would be interested to see it in real life though... meshing always comes out different in pictures in my experience..

on another note... holy crap you've got a wide garage... a prado and an aurion and you can still comfortably walk around the cars...

or maybe its just cause we have so much crap in our garage!! :lol:

Hey Ash

Will see if I can convince the wife I can come out this Thursday if you are going to be around.

Yeah, try to keep the garage tidy, so gives heaps of room to get around, but it is a good size. Can get around all sides of both cars.

Good work! I dont really get how you did it but it looks clean. My only crit is that I'm not a fan of how shiny the mesh it. I personally thnk a matte silver (or light grey) would look better.

I think it is a pretty clean install...like to generally take my time with these things. Know what you mean about the shiny mesh. It's not as shiny as I thought it would be. I would have preferred a matte finish, but there were only 4 choices at Autobarn where I got it; black, blue, red and silver.

Anyway I'm sure at some stage I'll experiment with it again. Time to move to the next thing which is probably new 19 inch wheels and lowering. :yahoo:

Hey thanks for the uploads... all your rides look awesome!! good work!

Are they all Thai Sports grille bought overseas? did they come sprayed black or neutral?

And are there aluminum meshed ones?

Thanks in advance! :lol:

The grills pictured here in all come from Thailand.. They arrive matt black (as shown by almost everyone) and arrive with a black mesh... Changing the mesh is very easy to do and involves a trip to supercheap (they sell the mesh) and some replacement cable ties (the mesh is only cable tied on)

The grill mod overall is probably the best available looking exterior mod for the Aurion, I highly recommend doing it as it completely changes the look of the front end.

My plan is to replace the mesh with something slightly finer and after th discussion of the thread here, I'll likely end up meshing my bottom grill at the same time.

Have changed my mesh from black to silver and also done the bottom section. Looks much better now I think.

Michael, well done.. finally got your grill up and mesh up the bottom.. It looks GREAT and i think it suits your car.. still waiting for your next project.. ahahahah.. :toast: :toast: :toast:

• 4 weeks later...
hi guys

just bought a new at-x aurion, the newest model with the face lift and wondering would the sports grill fit, would it look good and where can i get one.

Look up at the pictures around the forum and decide for urself... People to their likings..

U probably can get it in the group buy section... They arrangin for a GB on spoilers and eye lids, but u can get urself a thai grill if u r serious..

I must be the only person in here that isn't a fan of those aftermarket grilles :(

Not a big fan either.. Prolly the Lexus style grill suits u better just like it suits me.. ^^

hi guys

just bought a new at-x aurion, the newest model with the face lift and wondering would the sports grill fit, would it look good and where can i get one.

Look up at the pictures around the forum and decide for urself... People to their likings..

U probably can get it in the group buy section... They arrangin for a GB on spoilers and eye lids, but u can get urself a thai grill if u r serious..

There are no pictures of the face lift thai grille yet, as far as I can guess, they probably aren't being produced yet because the car has only just been released. Maybe in the upcoming months ahead.

hi guys

There are no pictures of the face lift thai grille yet, as far as I can guess, they probably aren't being produced yet because the car has only just been released. Maybe in the upcoming months ahead.

I don't think the new facelift model has different grill fittings.. It's just the grill difference but the fittings should remain the same with the Aurion.. If u want a confirmation, ask ur dealer whether the old and new aurion has different fittings for the grill.

If it's the same, ur good to put ur name up for the group buy.

hi guys

I don't think the new facelift model has different grill fittings.. It's just the grill difference but the fittings should remain the same with the Aurion.. If u want a confirmation, ask ur dealer whether the old and new aurion has different fittings for the grill.

thanks for that will go to dealer and ask

I must be the only person in here that isn't a fan of those aftermarket grilles :(

Each to their own really. I personally love the mesh grill on my Aurion. At first it didn't look good in photos, but in person it was much different.

hi guys

You tell me what you think after seeing this:

dsc05265b.jpg

dsc05249u.jpg

Each to their own really. I personally love the mesh grill on my Aurion. At first it didn't look good in photos, but in person it was much different.

hi guys

You tell me what you think after seeing this:

dsc05265b.jpg

dsc05249u.jpg

Friend from over-seas has no problem whatsoever with installing the lexus grill on their face-lift camry.. This is the based of my reasoning. Haven't personally see the new model. Can't really tell the difference from the pic either, haven't plyed with the grill yet.