The Sport Grill club

Sera30

Friend from over-seas has no problem whatsoever with installing the lexus grill on their face-lift camry.. This is the based of my reasoning. Haven't personally see the new model. Can't really tell the difference from the pic either, haven't plyed with the grill yet.

I don't know what your friend is saying, but if you look clearly at the second picture at the lower left and right of the grill, you will see one thing I was referring to. I see this as a problem. Highlighted for your convenience:

grilll.jpg

And from the first picture you can clearly see the distance between the headlight and the grill is smaller on the facelift. Here is another photo to help compare. Yes I'm well aware this is the Sportivo, but the AT-X has the same:

dsc05246l.jpg

06062009461.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just my 2c

with the pic of the face lift with the hood up.. You can tell that the grill is different from the way its screwed in as well.. So it wouldnt fit on the pre face lift & vice versa..

Agreed with DJ and Style. You will most likely be wasting your time trying.... which is a pitty because I want the new grill on my old ATX.

On this webpage the picture for the "Sports Grill TRD v1" looks very farmiliar. R Style

Hidden Taco, get the lexus grill, it will look nice on your car.. :clap:

I am thinking about it....... If I can sell my unused Thai grill then I might.

Does anyone want a thai grill that has been plastic primed? PM me.

I bought a better quality mesh for it as well, but have not attached (cable tied) it yet.

On this webpage the picture for the "Sports Grill TRD v1" looks very farmiliar. R Style

Those bastards :lol:

Daryl any endorsement fee from them? hahaha..

LOL. If only that worked.

I'm kind of laughing at the situation mainly because these days they seem to be sending the grill out with mesh that has really large holes in it. My photo has the mesh that they used to supply on it... plus it has even more mesh behind it, so that photo is a fair bit misleading as it is.

Hey peps, decided to do some experimenting and stuck some silver mesh in the front grill and bottom grill, what do you guys think?????

personally i don't mind it but i don't love it either, i think the silver mesh at the bottom works much better with the SX6/ZR6 as it has the black border there.

Cheers

Edited by stedyedy

I got my Sports Grill today courtesy of Hidden Taco only a coat of paint, a few cable ties and a few minutes installation away from a new look car for me!!

Will post pics when I am done :yahoo:

PS

What colour to match threst of the sportivo plastics, matt or satin black??

Edited by Kenny G

I got my Sports Grill today courtesy of Hidden Taco only a coat of paint, a few cable ties and a few minutes installation away from a new look car for me!!

Will post pics when I am done :yahoo:

PS

What colour to match threst of the sportivo plastics, matt or satin black??

If you are creative you might be able to mesh the bottom grill as well with the same mesh i sent.

If you are creative you might be able to mesh the bottom grill as well with the same mesh i sent.

Funny you should mention it, I was just in the garage looking at that... I have cut it to fit the grill and have plenty left, will explore my options... :g:

Funny you should mention it, I was just in the garage looking at that... I have cut it to fit the grill and have plenty left, will explore my options... :g:

I hope I didn't reply to late.. but keep in mind that the top of the grill is less important than then bottom of the grill because the top will be hidden at most angles.

Pictures to follow...

Sorry, only 'phone cam' pics at this stage, will try to get a photo in the "official pose" as per the start of the thread...

On another note, how many of these style grills would there be in Australia? I have yet to see another one in my FNQ town!

post-15854-1257038005_thumb.jpg

post-15854-1257038034_thumb.jpg

Pictures to follow...

Sorry, only 'phone cam' pics at this stage, will try to get a photo in the "official pose" as per the start of the thread...

On another note, how many of these style grills would there be in Australia? I have yet to see another one in my FNQ town!

Niiice, that mesh looks the goods. Well done.

• 3 months later...

hey guys, im new here so yeh hi :D

I recently bought myself a AT-X 2010 edition aurion (the grille is like an accord euros), im wondering will it still fit the ones all of you ahve the minimal black grille, sorry if i sound noob, i am ahaha

greatly appreciated guys!

hey guys, im new here so yeh hi :D

I recently bought myself a AT-X 2010 edition aurion (the grille is like an accord euros), im wondering will it still fit the ones all of you ahve the minimal black grille, sorry if i sound noob, i am ahaha

greatly appreciated guys!

If u meant with the Thai sport grill, no it doesnt. We discussed about this before, and found out the existing grill wouldn't fit into the new/facelift aurion. If you scroll to the top of the page, you'll see why.

And Welcome!

Edited by VF-X

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, bit of a thread revival here, but I am now also a member of the sports grill club. Just hoping for a few opinions here. I have purchased a new Toyota badge from eBay and I'm thinking of attaching it to my new grill but I'm not sure if I like it or not. What do you think? Also bear in mind that the badge will be dead centre and straight if I decide to do it properly and it's just sitting there at the moment. I can attach it cleanly through the mesh (see picture). Also I'm thinking of re-meshing the grill as well as the lower grill as I hate being able to see into the engine bay so easily and like the idea of it being darker like a few others have here namely DJKORs. Where did everyone buy the finer mesh I see here?

post-14069-1268574163_thumb.jpg

post-14069-1268574442_thumb.jpg

post-14069-1268574805_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, bit of a thread revival here, but I am now also a member of the sports grill club. Just hoping for a few opinions here. I have purchased a new Toyota badge from eBay and I'm thinking of attaching it to my new grill but I'm not sure if I like it or not. What do you think? Also bear in mind that the badge will be dead centre and straight if I decide to do it properly and it's just sitting there at the moment. I can attach it cleanly through the mesh (see picture). Also I'm thinking of re-meshing the grill as well as the lower grill as I hate being able to see into the engine bay so easily and like the idea of it being darker like a few others have here namely DJKORs. Where did everyone buy the finer mesh I see here?

post-14069-1268574163_thumb.jpg

post-14069-1268574442_thumb.jpg

post-14069-1268574805_thumb.jpg

personally i don't really like it.... but that may just be me

also are u doing anything about your yellow parker lights?

I was also toying with the idea of having a black Toyota logo in the centre of my mesh grill to try and break things up a little from the large open space, but in the end, I reminded myself one of the reasons why I got the grill was to remove that logo from the front. In the end, all I had was the rear logo and I liked how my car had that look to it that make some people have to look at it twice to recognise the car it is.

Personally, I would not put the emblem on it, but at the end of the day it depends what you like the most.

As for the mesh, I bought mine from Autobarn for around $20 which was large enough to remesh the grill and cover the lower grill. 2 pieces are needed to do that as well as putting a second layer in behind. Most auto stores should stock it as well.