Rubbish tyres

Ascendant Rice

i recently got 4 pace pc169 tyres. and they are total rubbish they understeer every turn. and ive noticed to turn i need turn the steerign wheel alot more then i used too. im gonna try and lower the tyre pressure becasue they are pretty high. i dont know how much more i can take but i dotn have money for new tyres seeign those these tyres were 170 each

Who reccomended the Tyres? I have never heard of the brand "Pace"

muppets at mathew tyre service. i said i want a tyre that has performance and has grip. that is not too expensive but not cheap so as its ****. later today im going to lower the psi to around 34 see if that makes any difference. they steerign wheel feels to light and when i slightly turn it in any direction the car barely turn so i have to turn it more and when i do i gotto turn it back fast as to keep in a straigt line. so annoying i dont know how much longer i can stand. is it illegal to sell tyres with no grip what so ever?

Can any one recommend tyres in the size of 205/55/r16 for a reasonable price and maybe a place that does trade in on tyres?

Edited by Ascendant Rice

Just a tip for the future mate..... Do your research before you part with your cash.

There are thousands of tire review and suggestions from people who use tires the same as your car. Have a hunt around, or ask for advice from people who know about your car.

Walking into a Tire shop without knowing what brand of tire you want is a BIG no no. They'll smoke you on their cheap sh!t house brand that they make Massive margin on, tell you its as good as a better brand or that it comes from the same factory, blah blah blah, and wont bat an eyelid doing it.

General rule of thumb is... If you've never heard of the brand, or heard of any feedback on a product, then you need to do more research into it. Tires especially. After all, there's only 4 little Pads of rubber holding you and your car on the road.

Ouch. When you said you got those 'Pace' tires, I expected you got them at a cheap price. I didn't expect $170 each. Even those Bob Jane Xenon Z7's you were considering are $149 a piece. For that $170 (or just a little bit more), you could have got yourself some Potenza Adrenalins (sorry, these are my first decent set of tires and I kind of swear by them now).

After driving on budget tires before, all I can say is to NEVER go cheap quality on your tires. When those four tires are responsible for keeping you car attached to the road, you don't want them to be doing a bad job of it. It always pays to research.

yeah, oh well mistake which i have to live with :( but i just started my new job so ill save up and if i do another 4 wheel power slide around a corner ill change the front wheels then the back thats if they still are really slippery after i drop em to 32-34 psi

Why did you need to replace the tyres on a 07 corolla anyway? do you do alot of kays?

he got new rims

for the 16" i can vouch for dunlop sport01. gets a little bit slippery when its raining, but still quite good. i'm sure a couple of the WA boys would agree after my drive thro the hills with them.

william. i'd suggest you ask someone knowledgeable before going ahead with purchasing things. do a lot of research. never ask sales to recommend you a tyre without you knowing what they're like. they are just there to make as much money as possible based on commission.

yeah, oh well mistake which i have to live with :( but i just started my new job so ill save up and if i do another 4 wheel power slide around a corner ill change the front wheels then the back thats if they still are really slippery after i drop em to 32-34 psi

At least you now realise what you did wrong and wont ever do it again, it's a learning experience. Everyone learns the hard way at times.

My first car had speakers and a radio that didn't work correctly. So I did the dumb thing and off to JB and bought a head unit, sub, speakers, amps. Was a good setup and so on and wasn't ripped off and liked it. However looking back what I should have done was go to ebay/cashies/trading post and got the gear for a fraction of the price.

for the 16" i can vouch for dunlop sport01. gets a little bit slippery when its raining, but still quite good. i'm sure a couple of the WA boys would agree after my drive thro the hills with them.

Which we may have to do again! :P

Try carbonblack.com.au They're an online site that can find you tyres according to your budget/driving style/km's driven etc, etc. Type in what you are looking for, and theyll email within afew days with results. They too have reveiws from people who have used the tyres you may look at buying.

Which we may have to do again! :P

Try carbonblack.com.au They're an online site that can find you tyres according to your budget/driving style/km's driven etc, etc. Type in what you are looking for, and theyll email within afew days with results. They too have reveiws from people who have used the tyres you may look at buying.

:( poor ken got left behind.. the tail wasnt very happy..time for some new rear tyres.. or is tht just an excuse xD :P

but @ 170 you could have got yourself some toyo proxes4..

hi guys i went to the servo today and filled up, so i decided to check the tyre pressure to my sureprise all 4 were pumped to 40 psi =/ so i deflated them till they were all 34 psi and the car feels mor eplanted to road not as light and floaty not sayign they are awsome just saying they feel slighly better.

Yeah, when I got my Federals, the tyre shop did the same thing. Amazing considering they are supposed know these things.

I kid you not... they just put them on and filled them (so I'm assuming cold measurement) - I pick up the car, drive to the servo right next door to the shop, and they were at 40 psi!!!

Yeah, when I got my Federals, the tyre shop did the same thing. Amazing considering they are supposed know these things.

I kid you not... they just put them on and filled them (so I'm assuming cold measurement) - I pick up the car, drive to the servo right next door to the shop, and they were at 40 psi!!!

at first o wa sliek hmm they are tyre guys they should know what they are doing so mayeb the tyre is sposed to be pumped that high then with some googling i found out that the tyre guys didnt know **** and just by lookign at the tyre i could tell it wasn t right cuz some of the tread on edge hasnt even bee worn like the tread in the middle of the tyre

It has nothing to do with sidewall flex at that profile. If anything, the right amount of sidewall flex will actually aid in steering response. You are understeering because the compound is most likely the same used in making thongs.

It has nothing to do with sidewall flex at that profile. If anything, the right amount of sidewall flex will actually aid in steering response. You are understeering because the compound is most likely the same used in making thongs.

thongs? i hope not cuz my new thongs are already breaking up.

i just dont get why shops just jib people and think they can get away with such jibness.

so u sell someone 4 tyres for $170, made in china (or where ever), got a shizzle load of margin on them and ripped them off.

who in right minds would think that that same people would come back for more?!

so annoying its just frustratingly annoying!

bobjane is another place where they like to sell wheel alignment like its absolutely essential after every single tyre change and "service checkup". My wheel alignment has been perfect and after changing tyres at other tyre retailers without wheel alignment time and time again, they had perfect thread wear and lasted me 60-70,000kms, whereas Mr. retardo bobjane stores sell it like extended warranties.

<_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<