The TOCAU Aurion FAQ

DJKOR

If you are after details on aftermarket wheel/tire sizes, please start by having a look at the following thread:

Aurion Wheels / Rims / Tyres / Tires Specification Thread

----------------------------------------

This FAQ is should be constantly expanding as time goes on. If there is a question here that is not answered, try doing a search first before posting another thread. If you think there is something that I should add in, don't hesitate to PM me (this will help reduce chatter in the thread). Hope this helps a little.

Questions answered in this thread listed in order:

- I want TRD Aurion parts (supercharger, bumper, misc bits and pieces). Where can I buy them?

- Where do we find the mesh grills (or chrome grills), and eyelids that others here have?

- Are there any body kits available for the Aurion?

- Are there any service manuals available to download for the Aurion?

- Does someone have a guide on how I can remove my front bumper?

- I want a new set of wheels. What is the stud pattern and offset, and how large can I go? Can I sell/give my old wheels to a Camry owner?

- I would like to lower my Aurion. What local options do I currently have, and which ones are better? Are coilovers available.

- What options do I have to improve the handling of my Aurion?

- What are my aftermarket brake (rotors/pads) options? How about for the TRD?

- My Aurion pulls to the left even after a wheel alignment. Is there something wrong?

- My Aurion makes a clunk / knock sound when driving off for the first time after starting it. Is this a problem?

- What aftermarket intake options are available?

- How do I turn traction control off?

- I want to change my exhaust setup. Are there any performance exhausts for the Aurion out there?

- What grade of fuel should I use in my Aurion?

- What grade engine oil should I use for my Aurion (Australian climate)? Fully-synthetic, semi-synthetic? Any particular brands? How do I change it myself?

- What are the part numbers and names of parts commonly needed when DIY servicing?

- I can't see the transmission fluid dipstick in the engine bay. How do I check my transmission fluid, and how do I top it up if required?

- My dash rattles and/or I have various creaks in my Aurion. Can this be fixed?

- I hear there is a potential fault with the 2GR-FE engine in my Aurion. What would that be?

- I need to get touch-up paint for my Aurion or am getting new parts sprayed and need the colour code for my colour. Where do I find this?

- What options do we have for aftermarket satellite navigation head units? Do I lose my steering wheel controls? What wires do I connect to my aftermarket unit?

- My factory head unit did not have an auxiliary input for my iPod/MP3 player. Is it possible to add this functionality?

- And how do I remove the head unit from the Aurion?

- Can I add a reversing camera to my stock navigation head unit? How about mounting the camera?

- What aftermarket speaker options do I have for changing my stock ones?

- My parker lights have blown and/or I want to change them to LED's. I'm having difficulty accessing them. How do I access them?

- Where can I get those white/blue headlights that everyone is getting? What size bulbs do my headlights take?

- I can't figure out how to remove my number plate lights. How do I remove them?

- My dealer quoted me $XXX to install reversing/parking sensors. I think this is too expensive. Are there any other alternatives, and can I fit it myself?

----------

Q) I want TRD Aurion parts (supercharger, bumper, misc bits and pieces). Where can I buy them?

A) The only place to buy any genuine TRD Aurion parts are from a Toyota Dealer. Engine related components such as the supercharger, brackets, pulleys, ECU, etc etc are not available in aftermarket form as of this post. As well, there is a chance that you may find that Toyota Dealers may request for a VIN number for a TRD to be able to purchase TRD Aurion parts. As the TRD Aurion is now discontinued, supplies of genuine TRD Aurion parts are limited. It would be very surprising if someone could easily obtain a full body kit for a TRD Aurion without providing proof of ownership. The only way to find out whether or not you can purchase the parts you require, in addition to obtaining the costs, is to make an inquiry for yourself with a Toyota dealership. There is no point asking here.

If you would be fine to settle for an aftermarket TRD front/rear bumper and side skirts, Carmate in NSW as well as R-Style Racing in Thailand make a replica TRD body kit. You can have a look at them in the following links.

R-Style Racing (Thailand):

http://www.rstylerac...091205070560328

Carmate (Australia):

Front Bumper v.1

Rear Bumper v.1

Side Skirts v.1

or

Front Bumper v.2

Rear Bumper v.2

Side Skirts v.2

For discussion about the engine related side of things:

Is it possible to install an eaton supercharger to an SX6 or ZR6?

I want to buy TRD AURION superchangd

Possible to install a Supercharger to my ATX?

TRD Aurion (Conversion using a written-off TRD)

----------

Q) Where do we find the mesh grills (or chrome grills), and eyelids that others here have?

A) At the moment, the mesh grills (or sports grills as they are called), chrome grills, and eyelids can only be purchased easily from Thailand. So far, the best way to order is to send an email speaking in as clear English as possible that you would like to buy a 'new Camry mesh sports grill' or 'chrome grill' or 'eyelids'. You are best attaching a photo of the product you are after to make it easier from them to understand. The contact information is over at:

http://www.rstyleracing.com/?sp=GMWEB-0611...mp;id=ContactUs

You just need to be patient as they don't speak English too well. Once they send you the price and you are happy, they will send their PayPal information (best to mention PayPal as well), then once you pay for it, you should receive it in a week.

As well, the second last thread below shows how to remove the existing grill.

Threads of interest:

Just got in contact with Thailand

Got the grills from Thailand

The Sport Grill club (for photos)

Just got the grill!! (Good pointers on how to remove the grill. Thanks myztik for pointing me to this post)

eye lips please post pictures of your car

----------

Q) Are there any body kits available for the Aurion?

A) Yes, but not locally. The Asian model Camry shares the same body as the Aurion. They have made some body kits that fit their Camry, but is also compatible with our Aurion. Some are available from the site in the previous question, otherwise there are other sites that offer kits such as ZENITH Autosport (link) in Thailand.

Threads of interest:

found some bodykits

Iam confused now with body kits need help

----------

Q) Are there any service manuals available to download for the Aurion?

A) There currently are not any Aurion service manuals that are easily obtainable online for the general public. Luckily however, the Aurion shares a lot in common with the American Specification Gen 6 V6 Camry. This car does however have an online service manual available from: Camry Stuff - Gen6 Manuals the following link:

07-09 Camry Service Manuals

For the above link to Google Docs, if you find that it does not work, try signing into a Google Account such as Gmail. Otherwise, try opening the link in a new "Incognito Window" (Chrome), "Private Browsing Window" (Firefox), or "InPrivate Browsing Window" (Internet Explorer) without logging into a Google Account.

If you would like to download all the manuals, you can select all documents with the checkbox on the left hand side then click the "More" button and then select "Download".

Just bear in mind that there will be differences in the manual that is nothing like the Aurion but for a majority of it, and when used as a guide, it is rather useful. The link above to the online service manuals are specifically for the pre-facelift model, however the facelift model is rather similar so the manual can still be of use. As well, for any part number references (no TRD's sorry), you can find the following site useful: http://www.toyodiy.com.

Threads of interest:

Service Manuals

----------

Q) Does someone have a guide on how I can remove my front bumper?

A) A fellow member here by the name of JIN conveniently had to remove his bumper once before and luckily took some photos of the process. The procedure can be seen in the threads below.

Threads of interest:

HOWTO: remove front bumper part1

HOWTO: remove front bumper part2

----------

Q) I want a new set of wheels. What is the stud pattern and offset, and how large can I go? Can I sell/give my old wheels to a Camry owner?

A) The stock wheels have a stud pattern of 5x114.3 and the offset is +45mm. The largest that you can go on the Aurion without further modification or difficulty in finding load rated tires (load rating of 93 or higher), is 20 inches. A few members here have gone for 20 inches with no worries. That is with stock height though. Once you lower your Aurion, you may possibly get some scrubbing. Further information on this is further down.

There is a website (http://www.1010tires...ecalculator.asp) as well that is very useful in making sure your selected tire size gets as close to the stock rolling circumference as you can.

As for the stock wheels, it has been confirmed that the Gen 3, 4, 5, and 6 Camry share the same stud pattern and offset. If anyone with one of these Camry's wants to use a set of Aurion wheels, they will have no problems with fitment or clearance.

----------

Q) I would like to lower my Aurion. What local options do I currently have, and which ones are better? Are coilovers available.

A) So far, the only options available locally are either King Springs or Pedders. There has been a lot of discussion over which brand is better, and realistically, it all comes down to personal preference. The King Springs tend to have the front of the car sitting higher than Pedders, but applications can vary. The Pedders are said to lower the car by approximately 42-45mm, and the King Springs will lower it by approximately 35mm.

You will most likely only get rubbing if you move to 20 inch rims and use a tire with a '35 profile' (eg. 245/35R20). Changing to a '30 profile' seems to help a fair bit. BONDIE has posted his experience in the last link below.

Currently, there are some coilovers available overseas aimed for the 07+ Camry. These would be a direct fit to the Aurion. For further information you can refer to their respective websites. KSport USA KONTROL PRO DAMPER SYSTEM, Megan Racing COILOVER DAMPER STREET SERIES, D2 Racing Sport RS COILOVERS, BC Racing COILOVERS.

When researching coilovers and you are looking at 07+ Camry coilovers, you just need to make sure they are compatible with the V6 Camry as there may be subtle differences that can affect performance and reliability when putting the I4 version coilovers on the Aurion. JIN on the boards here had fitted a set of BC Racing Coilovers and a link to his thread is the last link below.

Threads of interest:

AURION ON KINGS!!

Lowering - Aurion SX6, King springs

Suspension change that owner of aurion made

Kings or Pedders??

NEED HELP ON LOWERING INFO ABOUT RUBBING

Coilover Try out

----------

Q) What options do I have to improve the handling of my Aurion?

A) Without going overboard, the first thing you can do is to put a better set of tires on. There is a lot of discussion on this topic in general and a search of the whole forum would be your best bet for opinions. The Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin's have a fairly good reputation, and this would be one tire to consider.

After changing your tires for something a bit more grippy, if you want to improve handing, you can look into an UltraRacing Front Strut Bar, 4 point Front Brace, and Rear Sway Bar Upgrade

There is also a forum for 'Ultra Racing Australia', which would also be a good place to look at.

Threads of interest:

Ultra Racing Strut Bar

Handling mods

ULTRA RACING AUSTRALIA - Toyota Braces (Can purchase from here)

AURION SPORTIVO 2006-2012 GSV40R REAR SWAY BAR UPGRADE

On 4/3/2010 at 1:12 PM, Adamsy said:

Yeah the AT-X Prodigy, Presara and SE models all have hollow rear bars. Only the Sportivo's and TRD cars have solid rear bars. 🙂

15 hours ago, campbeam said:

There was a post on this Forum some years ago that the rear sway bar on the Sportivo was solid and on other models it was hollow. Internet searches was unable to confirm that statement. A local wrecker had the 40 series Sportivo, so $50 and a delightful 2 hours later in the damp after some morning showers. I had that Sportivo rear sway bar.  My 2006 Aurion ATX rear sway bar weighed 1.62kg and the Sportivo one weighed 2.74kg. I think that confirms that the Sportivo rear sway bar is solid. 

Presara/Touring /AT-X/Prodigy = Hollow Rear Sway Bar

Sportivo SX6/ZR6/TRD = Solid Rear Sway Bar

----------

Q) What are my aftermarket brake (rotors/pads) options? How about for the TRD?

A) If you would like to get some aftermarket rotors for your Aurion, DBA (Disc Brakes Australia) make some really good quality rotors for the Aurion. These are available locally and would be easier to obtain than other alternatives like Brembo etc. For best performance, the 4000 Series would be ideal, otherwise for just street use with the occasional spirited drive, the 2000 Series would be just fine. For some additional information on these rotors fitted to my Aurion, have a look at my thread below.

As for the pads, there are a few different brands out there you can get. This is all personal preference really. The genuine Toyota brake pads do a decent job, but if you want some more performance, you can look into a pad such as the QFM HPX series which is what I personally recommend. The Bendix brake pad codes are DB1474 for the front and DB1475 for the rear. QFM brake pads use this same code when referring to their pads. The HPX series will set you back $79 (plus shipping) per axle. This in my opinion is good value as well. Alternatively, Bendix Ultimates are a good pad as well, but are currently discontinued, so stock remaining is just in store shelf stock if you can find it. For just a general aftermarket replacement without the requirement of better braking, the Bendix General CT line of brake pads is a good alternative as well.

For the TRD, David (SupaTouring) has made a handy thread that covers what you need to know about the TRD brake option. Link is below.

Threads of interest:

DJKOR's Aurion - Post 64 onwards

TRD Aurion brake options

----------

Q) My Aurion pulls to the left even after a wheel alignment. Is there something wrong?

A) There is a known issue that the Aurion will have a tendency to pull to the left on a perfectly flat road, and not due to the camber in the road itself. The issue is caused by the suspension castor not being correct. There is a solution however, and that is Super Pro Polyurethane Offset bushes. These are available from Fulcrum suspension under the part name SPF2904K. Toyota does not acknowledge the issue, but if you pursue them enough, they MAY change it for you under warranty.

Threads of interest:

Wheel alignment specs

----------

Q) My Aurion makes a clunk / knock sound when driving off for the first time after starting it. Is this a problem?

This is not an issue. Every time you start your engine and then drive off the ABS performs a self-check. The service manual best describes this:

When the vehicle speed first becomes approximately 4 mph (6 km/h) or more after the ignition switch is turned on (IG), each solenoid valve and motor of the brake actuator is sequentially activated to perform an electrical check. During the initial check, the operating sound of solenoid valve and motor can be heard from the engine compartment, but this is not a malfunction.

----------

Q) What aftermarket intake options are available?

A) You have the option of just changing over the stock panel air filter with an aftermarket re-usable oiled panel air filter such as K&N. If you were just after the best value for money, this would be your best bet. The performance gain is minimal and s barely noticable, the only major change you get is slightly more air induction noise.

If you wanted to change the entire air filter setup, you can either consider a Short Ram Intake (SRI) which has the pod filter sitting in roughly the same position as the stock air filter box, or you can get a Cold Air Intake (CAI) which has the pod filter located behind the passenger side fog light on the bumper. There is a SRI available made by K&N, and a CAI made by Fujita. There is no major performance gains with these options either, but there is a massive increase in induction noise.

Threads of interest:

AIR POD?

Air intake mods

----------

Q) How do I turn traction control off?

A) The only way to turn traction control off on the Aurion is to follow this sequence (in under about 30 seconds):

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

When you have completed these steps, the traction control warning light should illuminate (the car picture with wavy lines behind). To turn traction control back on, you need to turn your car off then back on again. That is the ONLY way to do all that.

----------

Q) I want to change my exhaust setup. Are there any performance exhausts for the Aurion out there?

A) There are no exhausts at this time available locally that are marketed directly for the Aurion. The options we currently have are generic such as changing the rear mufflers and/or the resonator. You can get a custom set up done, but at the time of this post, there have been no full systems done for the Aurion yet. There has been some experimentation which can be seen in the last link below.

Threads of interest:

Toyota Aurion with Varex Mufflers

RESONATOR OFF / HOTDOG STYLE = CRAP

Experimental Exhaust System

----------

Q) What grade of fuel should I use in my Aurion?

A) The Aurion will run fine on all grades of fuel from E10 Unleaded up to 98 Premium Unleaded. The Aurion is said to have 204kW when running premium unleaded, so for most people after good performance out of their Aurion. 95 Premium Unleaded will be the fuel of choice. There is a lot of debate about any extra benefits from moving to 98 Premium Unleaded, but everyone's perspective varies.

The best solution to this is to choose what you feel comfortable with and if you think that it works good and has the best balance between performance and fuel economy and cost; then stick with it.

Threads of interest:

Best fuel for Aurion?

Different fuels for Aurion...

Best Fuel for Aurion's

Aurion average fuel consumption

Fuel Use????? Let us know

----------

Q) What grade engine oil should I use for my Aurion (Australian climate)? Fully-synthetic, semi-synthetic? Any particular brands? How do I change it myself?

A) When your Aurion leaves the factory, it comes filled with a semi-synthetic oil in the weight of 10W30. When it comes time to change your oil, you are best to stick with a 10W30 oil, however if you choose, you can use a 5W30 oil. The only difference between the two is that 5W30 is going to be better in colder climates, but with the climate experienced here in Australia, it won't be any more beneficial to use a 5W30 oil.

As for fully-synthetic vs. semi-synthetic oil, this is mainly a personal preference as both oils will do their job provided you change them at the appropriate interval. Fully-synthetics are known to be able to last longer between changes and are safe for use in the Aurion. They do however tend to cost more, so the choice really comes down to yourself. In my own opinion, if the cost does not bother you too much, I would recommend using a fully-synthetic oil.

When it comes to brands, it's all personal preference as well really. Some people like to spend more for certain brands and/or reassurance, others like to get the best value. Choosing a brand mainly comes down to either personal experiences or other people's experiences. You are best to do a bit of research on Google if you want to investigate that further as there are many different opinions out there.

I use Fuchs Titan Super GTO 10W30. It is a fully synthetic and I pick it up for about $39.95 per 5L at Super Cheap. In my opinion, for the cost of the Fuchs oil mentioned above, I am highly satisfied.

If you choose to change the oil yourself (eg. at 7,500km intervals), there is a procedure shown in the PDF below (last link) for the Toyota Avalon which also applies to the Toyota Aurion. You will need a 3/8 drive socket extension and a 65mm/67mm cap style oil filter wrench if you would like to perform this procedure.

Threads of interest:

what oil?

Oil Recommendations for Aurion 2008

Best engine oil?

Avalon Oil Change (PDF)

----------

Q) What are the part numbers and names of parts commonly needed when DIY servicing?

A) This list will be updated progressively but to start you off, here is a list compiled by 'cya bye' (ex. Hidden Taco):

Oil Filter Kit

Part No.: 04152‑31090

Also Called: ELEMENT KIT, OIL FILTER

Air Intake Filter

Part No.: 17801-31120

Also Called: ELEMENT SUB-ASSY, AIR CLEANER FILTER

Cabin Air Filter

Part No.: 87139-06050

Also Called: FILTER, CLEAN AIR

End Cap Oil Filter Wrench - 65mm

Part No.: 09228-06501 and 09228-06500-02

Also Called: OIL FILTER WRENCH

----------

Q) I can't see the transmission fluid dipstick in the engine bay. How do I check my transmission fluid, and how do I top it up if required?

A) You will probably find that there is no dipstick to check the AT fluid level. The trend these days is to move towards a sealed system since transmission fluid under normal conditions is not consumed. It is also done that way to prevent the end user from overfilling the transmission oil and potentially stuffing up their gearbox. I believe if you would like to check the level of the transmission oil, you need to remove the overflow plug underneath the engine and stick your finger in if you can and feel if the oil is close to the top of the overflow plug. When the oil is full, it will be level with the top of this plug as when you fill it, you fill till the oil starts to overflow out this plug.

As for the transmission fluid, changing it is a bit of a fun one. Toyota states that you MUST use the WS (world standard) ATF. Apparently this fluid is meant to last for around 160,000 kms before requiring a change. That figure seems a bit high and you would think it would be better to change it sooner. Changing it yourself is a reasonably detailed procedure that requires you to make sure the fluid is at a set level when judging its full lever. You should definitely check out the service manual "U660E_Automatic_Transaxle". The procedure is outlined from page "AX-164". It states that you need the Intelligent Tester to start the process, but with a bit of creativity, you can actually perform the procedure by skipping that step.

Threads of interest:

Aurion sportivo paint, manual, mission oil and remote key

----------

Q) My dash rattles and/or I have various creaks in my Aurion. Can this be fixed?

A) The Aurion does seem to come out of the factory with dash rattles and odd creaks here and there. Some owners have it more serious than others. This can be fixed under warranty by Toyota, but the process will usually require a few trips to and from the dealer to get them to fix it. Fixing it involves removing the dash and insulating some clips here and there.

Threads of interest:

Dash rattles??

rattle in dash

My dash rattle finally fixed

Rattles in your Aurion

dash rattles

Squeeky/Creeky dash

----------

Q) I hear there is a potential fault with the 2GR-FE engine in my Aurion. What would that be?

A) The 2GR-FE in the Aurion (and other cars that use this engine for that matter) had previously had a design fault which can lead to oil loss. The Aurion's affected are generally those that were built prior to 2009. There is quite a lot of discussion over on the Toyota Nation thread "ATTN: All 2GR-FE V6 OWNERS!!! BEWARE!!!", as well as over here in "Alert to V-6 owners - possible oil leak!".

The problem is caused by a short length of rubber hose that supplies oil to the VVT-i on the rear cylinder bank. It has been said that the leak mainly occurs anywhere between 45k to 65k miles (72k to 104k kms). Now this part replacement would be covered under warranty, but I believe that they will only change it once the leak occurs. This in my opinion is too risky as even with a small leak, you can lose quite a bit of your oil really fast. You can see just how fast the oil comes out of a pinhole leak from this

If you chose to buy the part yourself, expect to pay around $45. You can either then keep this handy and have it changed by Toyota as required, or you can get another mechanic fit it, or if you are game enough, you can fit it yourself. I have provided basic instructions to get you going should you choose the DIY option in the first thread below.

Threads of interest:

2GR-FE VVT-i Oil Line Replacement

Alert to V-6 owners - possible oil leak!

ATTN: All 2GR-FE V6 OWNERS!!! BEWARE!!! (Toyota Nation external link)

----------

Q) I need to get touch-up paint for my Aurion or am getting new parts sprayed and need the colour code for my colour. Where do I find this?

A) The colour code for your Aurion is found on the 'compliance plate' which is actually a sticker located on the passenger side front door sill/pillar. It is a 3 character code displayed after "PAINT". There is a thread that we have here that has a chart made by AUR30N that has the colour codes for the pre-facelift Aurions.

Threads of interest:

paint code for blue aurion?

----------

Q) What options do we have for aftermarket satellite navigation head units? Do I lose my steering wheel controls? What wires do I connect to my aftermarket unit?

A) If you don't want to spend an excessive amount on the factory satellite navigation units but want a factory look, you can pick up a lesser known one on eBay, or you can go for a unit known as the Auspacks AVC-6901. These seem to be a popular choice around here, but it does have its pros and cons. A brief review has been written by me over here, and a quick video review here.

Alternatively, you can buy any satellite navigation double DIN head unit and buy a fascia plate from Toyota and fit that. If you choose to put in your own aftermarket head unit, the second link below will guide you to a basic wiring guide so that you can install this yourself.

If you buy a factory sat/nav unit or the Auspacks unit, you will retain your steering wheel controls. If you get an aftermarket head unit not designed for the Aurion or Camry, you will lose your steering wheel controls, and this includes the 'DISP' button that controls the in-dash display on the Aurion's with the Optitron dash cluster. The only way to retain them is to either buy a head unit that is made to function with the steering wheel buttons (such as an Eclipse AVN6000) or to follow the procedure located here.

*NEW* A simple solution has been found if you want to restore your DISP button functionality but not your audio controls. All you need to do is ground the pink wire on the steering wheel control harness located at the back of the head unit.

Threads of interest:

DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

Aurion audio wiring setup - Useful wiring guide for DIY install.

----------

Q) My factory head unit did not have an auxiliary input for my iPod/MP3 player. Is it possible to add this functionality?

A) Absolutely. Toyota sells a kit that enables you to plug your iPod or any other external audio source directly into your factory head unit so you can play your music through there. Alternatively, if you have some electronic knowledge, you can save yourself some money by making this yourself. A member here, 'shane_85', has written a DIY guide and this can be seen in the tread below.

Threads of interest:

AUX input mod

----------

Q) And how do I remove the head unit from the Aurion?

A) There is not official step-by-step guide (yet), but there have been photos posted that should guide you through the process are located. Refer to the following thread for a basic guide.

Threads of interest:

How do you remove factory audio unit?

----------

Q) Can I add a reversing camera to my stock navigation head unit? How about mounting the camera?

A) Certainly. There has been a guide written by Aurion ZR6 about adding the reverse camera functionality to the stock navigation head unit. This can be seen in the first and second link below. Alternatively, there are a range of cameras available and mounting options vary. There is also a guide (third link below) by legend_of_lazz that can help with this.

Threads of interest:

Toyota Aurion Reversing Camera Installation

Aurion Rear Camera (external webpage)

A Complete Beginners Guide to Installing a Reverse Camera.

----------

Q) What aftermarket speaker options do I have for changing my stock ones?

A) Changing your speakers is more of a personal preference than anything. With the Aurion however, you just need to pay attention to make sure the depth of the speaker is not too large so as to maintain clearance between the window on the front and boot spring on the rear. The speakers with the most ideal size to fit are 6x9's and in every case, you will need to make/obtain custom speaker mounts to be able to put them in place. Because of this, you can get a fair amount of play between different speaker types so the depth of the speaker does not have to be something that has to be an exact amount. there has been some experimentation with different speaker types though and this can be seen in the following thread.

Threads of interest:

ZR6 Speaker Upgrade

----------

Q) My parker lights have blown and/or I want to change them to LED's. I'm having difficulty accessing them. How do I access them?

A) You have two options on accessing them yourself. You can either pull the entire bumper off (following the instructions in the appropriate sticky thread), or if you have small enough hands and wrists, access them through the wheel arch. This option will most likely lead to a couple of scratches and a lot of swearing, but it gets the job done. Refer to the thread below for a basic guide.

Threads of interest:

parker lights

LED and HID and Kangaroos

----------

Q) Where can I get those white/blue headlights that everyone is getting? What size bulbs do my headlights take?

A) The white/blue headlights you would probably be thinking of are HID (High Intensity Discharge) lights. You can get HID's in a kit form that include a pair of ballasts (required to drive the lamp), two lamps, and all the wiring. They are plug and play kits and really simple to install. They are cheapest to obtain online, and how much you want to spend depends on how much you are comfortable with.

Your low beams and fog lights both use H11 bulbs. The high beams will take a HB3 bulb.

Threads of interest:

LED and HID and Kangaroos

----------

Q) I can't figure out how to remove my number plate lights. How do I remove them?

A) Removing the number plate lights is as easy following these steps (thanks to member 'shinsen':

1. Remove partial/ full carpeting on underside of boot lid.

2. Access number plate bulb.

3. Twist to remove from holder.

4. change bulb.

5. put everything back the same way you took them out!

Photos of the procedure are shown in the following link.

Threads of interest:

changing nuber plate bulbs

----------

Q) My dealer quoted me $XXX to install reversing/parking sensors. I think this is too expensive. Are there any other alternatives, and can I fit it myself?

A) Most dealer fitted accessories will sometimes cost an arm an a leg. Not to worry. There are alternatives out there. You can obtain a parking sensor kit for around $50 from automotive accessories stores or eBay (search ' reverse sensor'), and then you can either have these fitted by a professional, or you can do it yourself. If you choose to install it yourself, '1972rainman' has done up a DIY guide that should be simple to follow.

Threads of interest:

Aurion ATX Reversing Sensor install

• Like 2

Once again great work on the FAQ here mate! I shal be updating my Experimental Exhaust System thread shortly. (We've run into a few issues...and it's not good!)

You're a fountain of knowledge when it comes to the Aurion! :D

Again, great work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

late response to the question above... but, here goes anyway..

just start your car like you normally would...

then remove your foot from the brake pedal and continue with step 3...

anyway...

daryl... when you get a chance, engine oil needs to be covered in you FAQ, imo...

just a suggestion... :D

daryl... when you get a chance, engine oil needs to be covered in you FAQ, imo...

just a suggestion... :D

Good point. I completely overlooked that. I have just just updated the FAQ to include engine oil. Placed underneath the 'which fuel' question.

• Like 1

OMG. I just had one of those moments. I just printed out the instructions on how to turn off the traction control (in preparation for the drags tonight), and just noticed a pattern. I found a new way to think of the procedure that makes it easy to remember:

Just to recap, the procedure is:

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

Notice how after you start it with the parking brake off you are simply holding one brake while 'pumping' the other one twice, then you swap sides.

So you start the car with the parking brake off, then:

Hold the park brake and pump the normal brake twice, then you hold the normal brake and 'pump' the park brake twice, then you swap sides one more time.

I dunno, but if you look at it that way, it is easier to remember. If someone out there has been looking at it that way already, then sorry for being a bit slow.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Very good read will help me out alot when i finally get my sportivo.

I would just like to add that for factory steering wheel controls if you buy the Eclipse 726EA it has to wires that you connect to the factory steering wheel controls and it should work straight away if it doesnt it takes 1 min to program. Also there is a device called swi-jack that works with alpines 502 which will also give you steering wheel controls.

Daz,

Do you know what these clips are called?

Anyway, I posted a youtube clip on how to remove them but would like the update the description to include their real name.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Do you know what these clips are called?

They are quite simply called a "push-type retainer". There is no specific name any further than that unless you want to add its size to the beginning.

• 2 months later...

I don't see the point of making a new thread for this question.

For the radiator coolant can i buy red coolant from any auto shop or do i have to buy the Toyota collant?

For the radiator coolant can i buy red coolant from any auto shop or do i have to buy the Toyota collant?

Only ever use Toyota Genuine Super Long Life Coolant (SLLC) in your Aurion cooling system. This coolant is pink in colour and is purchased per-mixed from Toyota.

Only ever use Toyota Genuine Super Long Life Coolant (SLLC) in your Aurion cooling system. This coolant is pink in colour and is purchased per-mixed from Toyota.

Any idea how much the toyota collant cost?

On page 210 of the Toyota Aurion manual it says 'Only use "toyota super long life collant" or similar high quality ethylene glyco based non-silicate, non-anime, non- nitrite and non-borate collant wiht long-life hybrid organic acid technology.

I was considering Nulon Red Long Life Concentrated Coolant.

Any idea how much the toyota collant cost?

Personally, I wouldn't have a clue. Never actually had to buy it.

On page 210 of the Toyota Aurion manual it says 'Only use "toyota super long life collant" or similar high quality ethylene glyco based non-silicate, non-anime, non- nitrite and non-borate collant wiht long-life hybrid organic acid technology.

I was considering Nulon Red Long Life Concentrated Coolant.

Feel free to use whatever you really want to. My final word is to only use the SLLC in there. If anything wears which usually wouldn't with the SLLC, then that comes down to the decisions you make. The genuine stuff is made to last; so much so, you don't need to change the factory coolant fill until 150,000km. I'm pretty sure that says something about it's quality.

But as said, your car, your motor, your money.