Coilover Try out.

JIN

I contacted BC racing in Taiwan regarding on the camber adjustment issue.

Yeah..I was right.

They have put the wrong side indicator stickers on the top mounts and they told me to swap the top mounts only.

It seems like it would solve the problem completely but extra expense of wheel alignment and labor for swapping the top mounts should be done. :angry:

damn...I should have contacted them before I did my wheel alignment...

Any good and cheap places to get wheel alignment near homebush and paramatta area?

:( :( :( :(

Hey JIN

Thanks for your dedicated reporting back here, it has definitely given me the confidence to move forward with BC Racing Coil Overs now that you have confirmed the problem was a mis-labelling one and not a design or model issue.

I am getting a radar Detector first then the coilovers. I just fitted a new sub today so coilovers in a couple of month's for me.

Thanks for being the guinea pig for the aurions...

i pledge $5 to help recoup the costs for your efforts.

Hey JIN

Thanks for your dedicated reporting back here, it has definitely given me the confidence to move forward with BC Racing Coil Overs now that you have confirmed the problem was a mis-labelling one and not a design or model issue.

I am getting a radar Detector first then the coilovers. I just fitted a new sub today so coilovers in a couple of month's for me.

Not a problem guys.

I decided to do it by myself because I am sick of wasting money for wrong job done.

Once I buy stands from ebay, I will change the top mounts and hopefully, it sorts all the problems out.

I will keep updated here with pics how it goes.

Cheers.

OK. I've been to garage today for fixing it up and made a change on it.

Unfortunately, the top mounts are not straight still.

It seems like it would be a bit hard to do the camber adjustment.

Still 20~30 degrees rotated from where it should be.

I am just wondering, are they all OK if I don't do the camber adjustment? coz I really have no plan to do it at all and just wanna make sure these are fine with that.

Here are BEFORE & AFTER PIC.

Before

mounts.jpg

After

mounts-after.jpg

Does the car like to wonder itself as it hits bumps?

That top mount actually will give you caster and camber at the same time, but each degree of changes I think the car's toe changes too. I have seen this on my friend's Buddy Club coilover for his Evolution 7.

Position it like this from top view : / \ (your before set up)

As you slide the plate up for more negative camber, it will give you positive caster, but this I would think whack out too much toe out. The positive caster is a welcome addition though, but too much toe out will destroy your tyre in no time. So make sure you play around with this on the alignment shop. You can adjust the toe not from the top mount also, but I am not sure if there is too much changes made by the top mount causes the std alignment adjustment not being able to come back close to factory setting.

If you like to know what caster and toe is, whiteline page will give you excellent information and after you finish reading that you may want to do it.

On my celica, and most cars, the three mounting bolts of the plate is like this from top view:

post-61-1234459710_thumb.jpg

Can you see how the two bolt are line up horizontally on the chassis, while if you look at your Aurion it's position angled? And look at the camber adjustment slider, on my Celica it parallel with the two bolt of the plate, while yours doesn't. So I think that's how the BC plate is meant to be for the Aurion/Camry chassis, unless of course they gave you the wrong part. But again, I have seen this on my friend's Evo 7.

Why don't you play around with the plate slider and see if it work?

Edited by DANZZT231

OK. I've been to garage today for fixing it up and made a change on it.

Unfortunately, the top mounts are not straight still.

It seems like it would be a bit hard to do the camber adjustment.

Still 20~30 degrees rotated from where it should be.

I am just wondering, are they all OK if I don't do the camber adjustment? coz I really have no plan to do it at all and just wanna make sure these are fine with that.

Here are BEFORE & AFTER PIC.

Before

mounts.jpg

After

mounts-after.jpg

Does the car like to wonder itself as it hits bumps?

That top mount actually will give you caster and camber at the same time, but each degree of changes I think the car's toe changes too. I have seen this on my friend's Buddy Club coilover for his Evolution 7.

Position it like this from top view : / \ (your before set up)

As you slide the plate up for more negative camber, it will give you positive caster, but this I would think whack out too much toe out. The positive caster is a welcome addition though, but too much toe out will destroy your tyre in no time. So make sure you play around with this on the alignment shop. You can adjust the toe not from the top mount also, but I am not sure if there is too much changes made by the top mount causes the std alignment adjustment not being able to come back close to factory setting.

If you like to know what caster and toe is, whiteline page will give you excellent information and after you finish reading that you may want to do it.

On my celica, and most cars, the three mounting bolts of the plate is like this from top view:

post-61-1234459710_thumb.jpg

Can you see how the two bolt are line up horizontally on the chassis, while if you look at your Aurion it's position angled? And look at the camber adjustment slider, on my Celica it parallel with the two bolt of the plate, while yours doesn't. So I think that's how the BC plate is meant to be for the Aurion/Camry chassis, unless of course they gave you the wrong part. But again, I have seen this on my friend's Evo 7.

Why don't you play around with the plate slider and see if it work?

Hey mate.

Thanks for your info.

The truth is top mounts on each coilovers are in wrong side in the pics.

I've contatced BC racing coilover on this issue and they advised and apolozied me that they have despatched a set with wrong side indicator stickers on front top mounts.

BC racing advised me to change the top mounts only (Left one to right) and it seems like the angle should be ok if I swap them around.

I am going to do the job by myself on this Sunday and I will try to take some pics and update.

BTW, The camber and toe angle are all original and not been changed at all.

The angle may look like camber and toe adjustments done but since I haven't changed those setup yet and they are still original.

I am pretty sure there shouldn't be any problems with tyres now because I already have wheel alignment done which I have to do it again after this sunday.:(

We'll see how the top mounts go after swapping.

Cheers.

Hey guys.

Just fixed everything up today with Gerald(encounter).

Everything is sorted out now and all good.

I will update pics during the process after my lunch.

PS. Thanks Heaps to Gerald for helping me out with the stands.

Here are some pics during the job done.

fix1.jpg

fix2.jpg

fix3.jpg

Finally, the job is done.

I couldn't do this job without Gerald(Thanks alot!!) because he brought the stands for this job.

I bought my stands but they were too high to put under my car.

What we did is just simply swapped the top mounts and it wasn't hard at all. All I had to do is take the 2 nuts at the top of coilover to release the top mount.

There was a hard part during this job done which was releasing the big 2 pairs of bolt and nut at the bottom part of coilover.

Anyways, as the pics above, now everything is good.

I need an another wheel alignment coz driver side wheel is a bit twisted and my car is pulling left a bit becoz of this.:(

Cheers.

Success. Let us know how it all goes after you get it aligned. Do you have any mountains nearby? Should give it a run around something like that to see how it handles.

Success. Let us know how it all goes after you get it aligned. Do you have any mountains nearby? Should give it a run around something like that to see how it handles.

Well..there's no mountain near my place but I am going to test a bit after alignment.

I was worrying about leaking problem because the main roads I drive everyday are real $h1t, Paramatta road is one of them.

holes are everywhere, uneven rugged surface...etc.. still they look pretty strong and work well.

I am thinking to go a bit lower before I get wheels aligned.....just a think..

Cheers.

I am thinking to go a bit lower before I get wheels aligned.....just a think..

Do it. LOL. Maybe to be safe lower it to the point that there is no visible gap between the arch and tire (for the rear anyways; the front looks just right). Cause if you are going to get it aligned, you may as well get it right the first time. Also let us know how it transfers bumps back to the car. I mean that as in whether or not you hear the shock being transferred to another part of the car, ie. the dash.

Hey guys.

No worries Jin, anytime...

Had a feeling you would of needed an extra pair of hands, and lucky for you I did...

All I had to do is take the 2 nuts at the top of coilover to release the top mount.

There was a hard part during this job done which was releasing the big 2 pairs of bolt and nut at the bottom part of coilover.

Haha, yup, that and when my @$$ met the concrete floor, after finally getting the bolt/nuts off...

Hey guys.

No worries Jin, anytime...

Had a feeling you would of needed an extra pair of hands, and lucky for you I did...

All I had to do is take the 2 nuts at the top of coilover to release the top mount.

Haha, yup, that and when my @$$ met the concrete floor, after finally getting the bolt/nuts off...

Yeah your feeling was so right! and it saved my @$$ for good.:)

BTW, how's your @$$?? any bruize? Sigh...I really feel sorry for that one.

I got the wheels aligned and it cost me $65.

They told me they had to do it because the front wheels made the rear one bad too.

I don't know wethere they were saying bu!! $h1t or not but $65 was kinda acceptable so I just let it go.

Anyway everything goes really right now.

Also, I contaced BC racing Taiwan with pictures after fixed and they advised all correct. YAY!! :yahoo:

Edited by JIN

• 1 month later...

Just a 2 months review.

The ride quality is still decent with 10clicks(fronts) and 8clicks(rears) setup.

No noise, no leakage at all.

Tried couple of winding trials, the road condition wasn't good but they worked great.

There are several times I drove onto some holes which were pretty deep and made me worried about wheel or suspension damages.

However, they are still working as new and I am really happy. :D

Hey Jin does this mean that all the BC coilovers made for the 07+ camry will have the top mount issue?

I reckon it would be hard to make that judgement unless we get news of other people that had the same issue. JIN may have been a once off... but then again, what are the chances that he got the one that didn't pass final inspection.

I found these on the net.

Wonder if they are from the same seller/brand/make as where you got yours.

yeah Guni these are the same brand and make.. but i'm not too sure if thats where he got them from tho..

i'm highly considering these... i'v been reading alot about these lately.. they sound like vaule for money and theres been alot of happy customers....

now i'm just waiting to see if we get this goverment grant and then i'll place my order.. :P

Guni are you planing on getting a set?? if you are we should work something out..

good report JIN..

Hey Jin does this mean that all the BC coilovers made for the 07+ camry will have the top mount issue?

Hey mate.

There's nothing wrong with top mounts.

When they dispatched my set from factory, they just put the wrong side top mounts between right & left.

Once I swapped them around, they are all good. No problems at all.

BC racing just spotted what the problem was straight once I attached my pics of those and gave me a simple solution to fix it up.

So...No issues at all. they are just bolted on without any modification.

I found these on the net.

Wonder if they are from the same seller/brand/make as where you got yours.

yeah Guni these are the same brand and make.. but i'm not too sure if thats where he got them from tho..

i'm highly considering these... i'v been reading alot about these lately.. they sound like vaule for money and theres been alot of happy customers....

now i'm just waiting to see if we get this goverment grant and then i'll place my order.. :P

Guni are you planing on getting a set?? if you are we should work something out..

good report JIN..

Yeah. I brought my set from him but he didn't have any sets for 06+ camry which can be fitted onto our aurions, so he redirected my order directly to the factory in Taiwan.

I am pretty sure he's got some for rolla with lower price I had.

Excellent.

I starting to think BC is actually the same as the one who made Buddy Club now that Buddy Club is made in Taiwan.

They aren't. I've seen a set of BC's basically snap in two, this was on a drift pig 180SX though.

Personally, I'm going for Racing Logic Coilovers as they seem to be the best out of the cheaper lots.

Excellent.

I starting to think BC is actually the same as the one who made Buddy Club now that Buddy Club is made in Taiwan.

They aren't. I've seen a set of BC's basically snap in two, this was on a drift pig 180SX though.

Personally, I'm going for Racing Logic Coilovers as they seem to be the best out of the cheaper lots.

well if your drifting ya car then u shouldnt be buying cheaper suspension parts then aye :P