Coilover Try out.

JIN

I found these on the net.

Wonder if they are from the same seller/brand/make as where you got yours.

yeah Guni these are the same brand and make.. but i'm not too sure if thats where he got them from tho..

i'm highly considering these... i'v been reading alot about these lately.. they sound like vaule for money and theres been alot of happy customers....

now i'm just waiting to see if we get this goverment grant and then i'll place my order.. :P

Guni are you planing on getting a set?? if you are we should work something out..

good report JIN..

Agreed. Nice work JIN !!!

Been looking at this for a while now Wil. Can feel the age old coilies vs springs+shocks debate kicking in again and having just acquired my KYB + Kings, I have to confess that i'm loving the comfy-ness + stable cornering. Having said that + reading JIN's review, this could be one of the coilies to go. I've been contemplating since I first saw it ......

decisions decisions decisions ............. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I found these on the net.

Yeah. I brought my set from him but he didn't have any sets for 06+ camry which can be fitted onto our aurions, so he redirected my order directly to the factory in Taiwan.

I am pretty sure he's got some for rolla with lower price I had.

How much did you get yours delivered for JIN ? Don't remember seeing a price. :)

Hey Jin does this mean that all the BC coilovers made for the 07+ camry will have the top mount issue?

Hey mate.

There's nothing wrong with top mounts.

When they dispatched my set from factory, they just put the wrong side top mounts between right & left.

Once I swapped them around, they are all good. No problems at all.

BC racing just spotted what the problem was straight once I attached my pics of those and gave me a simple solution to fix it up.

So...No issues at all. they are just bolted on without any modification.

oh tru tru, so do you mean your set was just like a one off mistake?

Agreed. Nice work JIN !!!

Been looking at this for a while now Wil. Can feel the age old coilies vs springs+shocks debate kicking in again and having just acquired my KYB + Kings, I have to confess that i'm loving the comfy-ness + stable cornering. Having said that + reading JIN's review, this could be one of the coilies to go. I've been contemplating since I first saw it ......

decisions decisions decisions ............. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

How much did you get yours delivered for JIN ? Don't remember seeing a price. :)

Thanks mate.

I paid $1285AUD for the set delivered.

If the seller had the set in his hand, i would've saved about $70 more maybe.

Yeah, the comfort was the one I was considering about too.

I don't like too stiff suspensions which makes me bouncing all the time in the car.

The reason why I picked BC is, I found some threads talking about stiffness on BC and it could be pretty soft not like other coilies such as D2 or K-sport.

I've already tried D2 and K-sport before and I know how they feel like.

Once I installed my set, I made my setting with full soft all around and it just felt like factory sportivo suspensions which is quite impressive..

I made them a bit stiffer now tho..

oh tru tru, so do you mean your set was just like a one off mistake?

Yeah.

It was just a mistake which is understanable since those two front top mounts look same.XD

my personal prfrence I would never buy some again i even gave mine away for swap back to stock.

coil over are meant for smooth race tracks with no bumps and humps unless you want it bumping up and down and shake and rattle go for it at first you think its cool ride after while you relise nah this is so un cool and **** ride.

thats me other people like feeling the ripples of the rd bouncing up and down.

+ overtime they will leak oil out of them and drip onto your concrete as there designed to bleed

Azza

Edited by Azza73

my personal prfrence I would never buy some again i even gave mine away for swap back to stock.

coil over are meant for smooth race tracks with no bumps and humps unless you want it bumping up and down and shake and rattle go for it at first you think its cool ride after while you relise nah this is so un cool and **** ride.

thats me other people like feeling the ripples of the rd bouncing up and down.

+ overtime they will leak oil out of them and drip onto your concrete as there designed to bleed

Azza

One of my concerns is the comfy too and that is why I brought these in my hand.

The softest setup on BC is just like sportivo stock and they are not bumpy as D2, G4 or some other coilies in same price range.

So I bought these after spending ALOT of time on researching.

Besides, the original purpose of getting coilovers is lowering for me.

I have 20s with 35 profile tyres.

As we all know, if I just change the springs over stock suspensions, no doubt they will scrub BIG time.

Also, the price of changing the whole tyres and purchasing coilovers are nearly same.

What would you choose?

I chose coilovers because my tyre threads are still heaps left and changing tyres and replacing springs sounds like wasting money for me.

BTW, all the suspension setup have their own lifespan and they will be defected one they over time as you said.

It's not only coilovers but also stock suspensions do the same as well.

I would like to raise a question on your theory that coilovers are meant to be used in race track.

YES, you're right. What if I say what about bodykit? what about sway bars? what about light weight wheels?

Aren't all these meant to be racing measures?

I wouldn't agree if someone says coilovers are for race track and cannot be used on street since most of the technologies & mecanisms on car are from motor racing sports.

It just sounds like black&white logic for me.

What about people with stock suspension with lowering springs?

I know alot of rolla guys in this forum having good laptime with their lowering springs with stock suspension.

Would you say those stock suspensions are not meant to be on race track?

As you said, it's all personal preference and you can't push your feeling to everyone else because everyone has different preference.

I apology if I am being a bit rude.

But I really don't wanna see someone says "It's s**t!!!" although the 'someone' never tried it before.

I really doubt you've tried BC racing coilovers, Teins or whatsoever because they are not that hard with softest setting.

you may like the ride I have never tried them in aurion but had them in series 2 rx7 and like i said at first they were great fealt driffrent but after while it just became to much bouncing around.

i hated them in saying that i have just gone out and bought 20 inch rims with 30 series tyres i have very strong gut feeling that iam going to hate the ride feeling all the bumps.

but i will try if i don't like i will sell iam like grandfather like to cruise in style but wilth the comfort of upmarket car manufatures.

nothing beat comfort drives u learn to enoy the quite , smooth comfy drive - there's other like big fat pipes that make useless noise and cut down springs teenage hoons but to them that look and sound cool hairing a farting noise sound from the muffler.

I been there done it but Iam over it & there no right or wrong here we all have our personel prefrence on how we want to pimp our rides.

so hope u didn't take the post as an attack it was just my view and experience in previous set up.

Cheers

Edited by Azza73

you may like the ride I have never tried them in aurion but had them in series 2 rx7 and like i said at first they were great fealt driffrent but after while it just became to much bouncing around.

i hated them in saying that i have just gone out and bought 20 inch rims with 30 series tyres i have very strong gut feeling that iam going to hate the ride feeling all the bumps.

but i will try if i don't like i will sell iam like grandfather like to cruise in style but wilth the comfort of upmarket car manufatures.

nothing beat comfort drives u learn to enoy the quite , smooth comfy drive - there's other like big fat pipes that make useless noise and cut down springs teenage hoons but to them that look and sound cool hairing a farting noise sound from the muffler.

I been there done it but Iam over it & there no right or wrong here we all have our personel prefrence on how we want to pimp our rides.

so hope u didn't take the post as an attack it was just my view and experience in previous set up.

Cheers

All cool.

No offence taken. :lol:

just like everything eles everyone will have something good to say and something bad to match it.. like i know a guy who dosen't like tein's.. cause he had them on his 180 about 3-4 years back and he didn't like them at all... you just can't please every one,,

any ways,, having said that i'v decided to bite the bullet and get my self a set.. (i'm sick of reading about them online and other suspension set ups and decided to just order them)

so, i too will let you all know how i go.. sorry to high jack your thread JIN.. but i'v followed your story from day one, and you seem like another happy customer.. so i hope i will be aswell :D

cheers

just like everything eles everyone will have something good to say and something bad to match it.. like i know a guy who dosen't like tein's.. cause he had them on his 180 about 3-4 years back and he didn't like them at all... you just can't please every one,,

any ways,, having said that i'v decided to bite the bullet and get my self a set.. (i'm sick of reading about them online and other suspension set ups and decided to just order them)

so, i too will let you all know how i go.. sorry to high jack your thread JIN.. but i'v followed your story from day one, and you seem like another happy customer.. so i hope i will be aswell :D

cheers

Thanks mate.

I hope everything goes well for you too.

Good luck. :toast:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following this thread with some interest of the course and done a very little bit of research myself (one google search) and came up with a supplier in Penrith http://www.wholesalesuspension.com.au/ I rang them this arvo and asked what they had for the Aurion and said that i knew a part number (c-17) as is to what ur using Jin. They said they can get them and it will be $1650 + post if not in stock or the same without post if in stock.

Thought i should share this as I've gathered heaps of info from you guys and wanted to give some back to the community.

Oh and thanks to 51der for putting me on to this forum.

cheers Scotti.

Yeah I found that source at the first time during my research.

But I found better sources overseas with better price later.

I wasn't worrying too much about warranty or any replacement at the first stage becasue I was just trying out the first set.

If it didn't fit, i would just sell them. ;)

If you're interested in, I maybe able to give you better supplier in NZ.

You have 1 year factory warranty anyway wherever you buy them from.

Just throw me a PM if you are keen.

The supplier in NZ normally gives you the same set with $1250~1400 price tag inc shipping.

Let us know how you're going.

I am really interested in hearing from someone else about these coilover. :D

cheers Jin, i'll keep that in mind. before i do anything i've got to change my insurer, as they will not cover any suspension mod or wheels bigger then 2" (50mm) either way. apparently it attracts theft and makes you drive different.

I am really interested in hearing from someone else about these coilover. :D

well, i picked up my set on tuesday... however i couldn't get an alignment before easter so they are still in the box...

so far from what i can see,, the build quality looks really good, nothing flimsy, and looks really strong... but thats all i can say atm,, i'll have to get them in the car first, and then i'll let everyone know how i like them :P ..

they will not cover any suspension mod or wheels bigger then 2" (50mm) either way. apparently it attracts theft and makes you drive different.

Duh...They really said that?

I added my suspensions and 20" wheels for full cover and my insurer charged me nothing.

maybe I already paid too much for the full cover...

well, i picked up my set on tuesday... however i couldn't get an alignment before easter so they are still in the box...

so far from what i can see,, the build quality looks really good, nothing flimsy, and looks really strong... but thats all i can say atm,, i'll have to get them in the car first, and then i'll let everyone know how i like them :P ..

Yeah mate.

Let's share the experience of them.

it's really good to know someothers with these coilovers so we can figure out if anyone has problems with those and solutions as well.

Hope you enjoy your coilies mate. :D

they will not cover any suspension mod or wheels bigger then 2" (50mm) either way. apparently it attracts theft and makes you drive different.

Duh...They really said that?

I added my suspensions and 20" wheels for full cover and my insurer charged me nothing.

maybe I already paid too much for the full cover...

Yeah mate.

Let's share the experience of them.

it's really good to know someothers with these coilovers so we can figure out if anyone has problems with those and solutions as well.

Hope you enjoy your coilies mate. :D

they sure did, so untill i find the tme to find another insurer the beast will be staying ye ol family stocko. i spose i should enjoy the comfort while i can.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a short review for you.

they are still going nicely without any problems.

No leakings, No noises yet..

All I can see on the surface of coilovers is dirts...:P

I am stuck in Tumut now and the road condition is like $h!t....even much worse than Paramata Road...

I will try to pic and proper review once I get home next weekend for day off.

I might change my car soon (maybe next week) cause my brother is buying my car. but I will still review them. hehe:)

• 2 months later...
Hey JIN,

Just wondering how the BC coilovers are going?

Cheers

hey mate, just letting you know, JIN hasn't been on the forums for ages! since he has sold his car i dont think he will be coming back :(

I've had my set of BC coilovers for a week and a bit now, and i can say they are great! no problems so far.

If you have any questions about the coilovers, i am more than happy to answer them for you.

Edited by ZZR88

• 2 weeks later...
Anymore updates???

Hey Guys!

Long time no see! aye?:D

Just came here to give you a short update of the coilovers.

The car is being driven by my brother and he is still happy with them.

I checked them in this morning and cofirmed that no leaking or any other faults.

They still work great and causes no rubbing with 20 inches with 35 profile tyres.

My brother has driven his car about 15000~20000KM(not too sure, I will check tomorrow) so far but they still feel like new.

I hope this helps you guys. XD