K&N Apollo

Hi i was looking at the K&N Apollo intake system and it looks pretty good on paper it combines the benefit of a cone filter and a stock box. so its legal :) since its enclosed and its available in black so if i get inspected be mr police man he would think it was stock :) heres the link

KN_Lotus_elise.jpg

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/kn-apollo-col...em--black-p5169 the price is pretty good 215 dollars with free delivery :o

i used the search function and found a thread about this intake but didnt have much info. You guys recon its worth a shot. im 95% gonna buy it when i get payd frm work and jsut probably put stock intake back on every service.

heres a vid of how it sounds on a mini

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Thanks for posting that up really am considering it for the cappuccino

However for the corolla....the only problem I can see.. is that with the 1zze/2zze the maf sensor is right on the airbox....that is one thing you would need to check.

However for the corolla....the only problem I can see.. is that with the 1zze/2zze the maf sensor is right on the airbox....that is one thing you would need to check.

not sure bout the 1zze/2zze but my mate has a facelift levin and he said he just cut around the maf lol

as with the 2zr-fe apperntly the maf isnt directly on the box ifso it would be as simple as swapping over (yay for warranty)not too sure ill investigate further.

Apperntly the Euros are loving this intake becasue its pretty good. increase hp by around 5-10ish and apperntly it increases low end torque abit.A customer wrote a review for it and he said it took around 10 mins to instal the whoel thing.

with out the cold air feed plugged in its like a short ram with it in its like a cai best of both words i would say.

also this kit will save me from doing some bodgy diy with plumbing from bunnings lol :)

ive got this kit, heres a few pictures of it installed

Picture525.jpg

view of engine bay

Picture527.jpg

ive mounted it here behind this custom heat shield where the battery used to be, note batterys new location

Picture528.jpg

heres the cold air feed

youll still need to get a custom maf sensor mount made up, not hard at all. its a nice peace of kit well made and light, youd expect this from k&n. allso has a sweet sound, though i liked my short ram better had a sweet rexi sound to it. allso finding a place to mount this unit will take some ingenuity :idea:

performance: strong midrange and topend, this unit allso has the ability to deflect heat very well, touching the unit after hard driving, i found it to still be as cool to the touch as at start up, though heat sheild allso has some to do with this

ps. if Ascendant Rice puts this on his car before any other zre owners ill be speechless, :o :o come on zre owners mod your cars

Edited by spillige

not sure bout the 1zze/2zze but my mate has a facelift levin and he said he just cut around the maf lol

as with the 2zr-fe apperntly the maf isnt directly on the box ifso it would be as simple as swapping over (yay for warranty)not too sure ill investigate further.

Apperntly the Euros are loving this intake becasue its pretty good. increase hp by around 5-10ish and apperntly it increases low end torque abit.A customer wrote a review for it and he said it took around 10 mins to instal the whoel thing.

with out the cold air feed plugged in its like a short ram with it in its like a cai best of both words i would say.

also this kit will save me from doing some bodgy diy with plumbing from bunnings lol :)

Spillige where did you buy it from and how much?

Spillige where did you buy it from and how much?

i got mine from sxd in granville for $230, id recomend them to any one they have a great team over there

Hi Spil, nice set up you got there :) does your cold air feed suck up any water when its pissin down heaps? And it was $230 for the whoel apollo kit? can i please have the address to the place you bought it from? kthx

on a side not after an hour of looking my engine bay ive come to the conclsion that this isnt gonan be an easy job for a num like me but having said that once i figure out a route for the cold air feed i should be sweet this kit should be on in about 4-5 weeks. need to reasearch teh engien bay some more not much space at all :(

the bloddy ecu and some box are right next to the intake box so not much room to work with. and because of the intake direction the pod will be facing the wrong way so makes even harder to get the cold air feed to the front left side hope fully i could make the pipe go under neath the pod.

heres a few pics so u understand what im talking about.

n602282110_1817986_1413.jpg

n602282110_1817987_1764.jpg

sxd is located at 18-20 george st granville this is there parts department, they also have full workshop that can do any thing from turbo conversions to airfilter replacement.

cant see water getting up there due to bar garnish cover being over it

can u post picture of a bigger area so can look at your engine bay give me a better view of the lay out of your engine bay

$230 u get the unit, cold air feed with little trumpet end and senser connections (air breather connections) no brackets or hoses are supplied

sxd is located at 18-20 george st granville this is there parts department, they also have full workshop that can do any thing from turbo conversions to airfilter replacement.

can u post picture of a bigger area so can look at your engine bay give me a better view of the lay out of your engine bay

$230 u get the unit, cold air feed with little trumpet end and senser connections (air breather connections) no brackets or hoses are supplied

Cool thanks. ill take a picture in the morning.

Hi Spil, nice set up you got there :) does your cold air feed suck up any water when its pissin down heaps? And it was $230 for the whoel apollo kit? can i please have the address to the place you bought it from? kthx

on a side not after an hour of looking my engine bay ive come to the conclsion that this isnt gonan be an easy job for a num like me but having said that once i figure out a route for the cold air feed i should be sweet this kit should be on in about 4-5 weeks. need to reasearch teh engien bay some more not much space at all :(

the bloddy ecu and some box are right next to the intake box so not much room to work with. and because of the intake direction the pod will be facing the wrong way so makes even harder to get the cold air feed to the front left side hope fully i could make the pipe go under neath the pod.

heres a few pics so u understand what im talking about.

n602282110_1817986_1413.jpg

n602282110_1817987_1764.jpg

your ??? is your fuse box

spillage does this help?

ool8006.jpg

ool8005.jpg

spillage does this help?

ool8006.jpg

ool8005.jpg

your hose isnt white like mine =/

• 3 weeks later...

Any more info on this from anyone? still looking for a kit i like, ive seen K&N kits for Auris 1.4 on ebay and now looking at US seeing as they have 2zrfe there too.Found this in US for a Scion Xb i think but not sure which Scions have our motor,Corolla and Matrix do but shipping a killer at the moment.. Or i take Spillage's advice and go SXD, i work at Granville anyway.. Heres a pic of what i found and now cant find :unsure:

post-9535-1234523147_thumb.jpg

Any more info on this from anyone? still looking for a kit i like, ive seen K&N kits for Auris 1.4 on ebay and now looking at US seeing as they have 2zrfe there too.Found this in US for a Scion Xb i think but not sure which Scions have our motor,Corolla and Matrix do but shipping a killer at the moment.. Or i take Spillage's advice and go SXD, i work at Granville anyway.. Heres a pic of what i found and now cant find :unsure:

id be willing to help you install a k&n kit on your car, offers there if u want it

id be willing to help you install a k&n kit on your car, offers there if u want it

Iam no DIYer so i'll take you up on that,appreciate it..Now to start looking for what i want..

Iam no DIYer so i'll take you up on that,appreciate it..Now to start looking for what i want..

shouldn't be too hard to install the Cold Air Intake

• 3 weeks later...