track day in nsw

toyota owners of nsw is there a chance that we could have a track or drag day eastern creek/wsid/wakefield

wat do y'all think

i think before we get to this extreme ..... lets just get ppl to show for a dyno day ......

bcuz if u cant get ppl to turn up simply to have their cars run on rollers .... u have buckleys chance in getting them to turn up to hammer it on a track

drag nights have been previously attempted with only a handful of ppl showing up ..... so as a first lets c if we can get a dyno day sorted

Dave i will respond 2 ur pm shortly

yeah id even be happy wit a dyno day just something different or something to let us young guys (and girls if theres any) to let some steem of in a legal way

There are track days being held at Wakefield all the time (usually every couple of months or so), organised by/through Toymods. Same goes for dyno days (every 6 months). No reason why you can't turn up to them, unless you want a TOCAU-only one.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

i think before we get to this extreme ..... lets just get ppl to show for a dyno day ......

bcuz if u cant get ppl to turn up simply to have their cars run on rollers .... u have buckleys chance in getting them to turn up to hammer it on a track

drag nights have been previously attempted with only a handful of ppl showing up ..... so as a first lets c if we can get a dyno day sorted

Dave i will respond 2 ur pm shortly

bill can we do a dyno day after easter???? i'll even organize it if u dont have the time.

mark's only just gonna start to rip the lux apart this week it will be off road for about 2 -3 months....it's getting a colour change too

yeah id even be happy wit a dyno day just something different or something to let us young guys (and girls if theres any) to let some steem of in a legal way

ahem!!!! :P

there ARE women not girls on this forum!! :D

and we can do a sunday day meet for next month's monthly meet.....where would u like to go???? north this time or west? i'll call in sick hehehehe

ahem!!!! :P

there ARE women not girls on this forum!! :D

and we can do a sunday day meet for next month's monthly meet.....where would u like to go???? north this time or west? i'll call in sick hehehehe

*cough* putty road or old pac (north) *cough* :lol:

after easters good to as its starting to cool down my car doesnt seem to like this weather in winter on the dyno 250fw hp summer like 200fwhp if that (no proof just doesnt feel as good) but yeah lets do something ppl 4 something that involves power xoom has to show up

id be down for a dyno meet.

if it was a track day id still turn up but id be a spectator eheh

ah come on track days are easier on your car then drag or dyno and if its crashin your worried about theres only 1 wall on wakefield you could hit and its on the straight so if you hit it you got issues and eastern creek isnt to bad either but if it was oran park i could understand (who puts a wall along the outside of a corner honestly)

I agree with Robie...to hit that wall at wakefield you would have to be pushing very very hard! Oran Park is dangerous but the full GP course is the best track day I have ever done! I love that track and quite sad that its closing down.

Edited by Cappuccino

ah come on track days are easier on your car then drag or dyno and if its crashin your worried about theres only 1 wall on wakefield you could hit and its on the straight so if you hit it you got issues and eastern creek isnt to bad either but if it was oran park i could understand (who puts a wall along the outside of a corner honestly)

I'd say that a full-on track day is 10-times harder on a car than a drags or dyno. Dyno places NO load on brakes whatsoever, minimal tyre loads (relatively speaking), and the engine is taken to redline in 3rd or 4th once or twice. Drags you flog it for 10-20 seconds at a time, and brake once, then sit in a queue for 10 minutes). Track days you spend 90% of your time with either the throttle or the brake mashed to the floor, you put a lot of wear on the brake pads (usually after a couple of laps on street tyres and pads they're useless), you can go through half the tread on your tyres if you're not careful, you have loads on suspension components that never occur on dyno or drags. Clutch and gearbox get a serious workout as well. In short, dynos and drags are isolated performance tests, track days are the whole shebang.

And it only takes one wall to ruin your day, and it's alongside the fastest point of the track too.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

And it only takes one wall to ruin your day, and it's alongside the fastest point of the track too.

Yes track days may put extra wear and tear on the car, but you got to remember as well it isnt a full on race...its normally 15min stints (opens days are different were you can be out there as long as you want) Its also recommend every 3 laps to have a cool down lap. Providing that you regularly change the oils/brake fuild. It actually isnt that bad on the car. Please how often does a person to go a full circuit compared to the strip? Probably once to twice a year if that. Also depending on the tyres you are running on how quick they may wear out.

Also if you pushing yourself that hard a wakefield to the point that your coming close to hitting the wall...i would think the person is pushing a bit to hard on there first day out and doesnt excatly know the correct line to take. (Yes I do know that once your the straight you try and stick as close to the wall as possible) Places like Oran Park though should not be done by the weak...it takes alot of balls to drive there quick.

M_M - Im also up for Putty Road just it will be more of a driving cruise then a social cruise.

Yes track days may put extra wear and tear on the car, but you got to remember as well it isnt a full on race...its normally 15min stints (opens days are different were you can be out there as long as you want) Its also recommend every 3 laps to have a cool down lap. Providing that you regularly change the oils/brake fuild. It actually isnt that bad on the car. Please how often does a person to go a full circuit compared to the strip? Probably once to twice a year if that. Also depending on the tyres you are running on how quick they may wear out.

And how often to people go to dyno days or the drags? And if they're not trying their hardest on the track, then they're also not likely to be the ones to push the car to the limit on the 1/4 either. And how many people follow "recommendations"? Whilst 15 or 20 minute stints will minimise wear to an extent, it's still significantly more than drags or dynos will ever do.

Also if you pushing yourself that hard a wakefield to the point that your coming close to hitting the wall...i would think the person is pushing a bit to hard on there first day out and doesnt excatly know the correct line to take. (Yes I do know that once your the straight you try and stick as close to the wall as possible) Places like Oran Park though should not be done by the weak...it takes alot of balls to drive there quick.

All it takes is one wrong move, one inexperienced driver (and face it, most drivers are inexperienced when it comes to track days, even if it's not their first time) to punt a car into a wall. The amount of ****ers out there on the road is proof enough that most people don't know how to control their car well, yet are over-confident in their abilities.

All it takes is one wrong move, one inexperienced driver (and face it, most drivers are inexperienced when it comes to track days, even if it's not their first time) to punt a car into a wall. The amount of ****ers out there on the road is proof enough that most people don't know how to control their car well, yet are over-confident in their abilities.

If people are dumb enough to hit the main wall at Wakefield...they should not be behind the wheel of a car at all. Wakefield is a perfect track for first timers since there are plenty of run offs. There is always a risk like with any form of racing (I have seen cars go into a wall at the strip) But the risk is minimised even the over confident people will realise there arent as good as what they are if there consistantly going off (well any normal person will realise there doing it wrong)

I would recomend anyone if they ever get a chance to hit a circuit do it! or even Skid Pans (which is probably even more wear and tear then a track day) Because driving in a straight line is just boring...doing circuit work and also skid pans teachs you more about your car and your ability as a driver. More importantly it will also help you control your car under different circumstances which will help on the street.

This agruement can go on forever it comes down to the individual, some people dont like doing track days, but i bought my car(the Cappuccino, Corolla is just a daily) to be driven hard and not parked in a garage to be admired or to be driven down George St on a Saturday night to "pick up chicks"

Doing track days is definitely the most fun I have had and well worth all the cost involved.

And how often to people go to dyno days or the drags? And if they're not trying their hardest on the track, then they're also not likely to be the ones to push the car to the limit on the 1/4 either. And how many people follow "recommendations"? Whilst 15 or 20 minute stints will minimise wear to an extent, it's still significantly more than drags or dynos will ever do.

actually 1/4 mile runs are the hardest thing you can put a driveline through ather then towing and i know so many poeple that agree with me as in almost every 1 who has done both with drifting being the the hardest form of racing on a car as the engine is always at red line always side ways always either free reving as it has enough power to break traction easy or loaded up as it doesnt quite have enough power

like i said i also know my racing i also have a good understanding of how a car works hiro

If I put it in the context of "Men talk"

Dyno = who has a longer schlong

Drag = who can premature the quickest

Track = who can do all the positions and go the distance

Drift = who can do all the position and go the distance and look good doing it.

:D

so wats gona happen is it a posibility

like i said earlier i dont care wat we do weather its track strip dyno wat ever

but lets get something organised

Edited by robie