The Noob Thread!

SCO-77K

Hi, my name is Andy. I own an 88 sr5 rola, station wagon, which I got with the insurance payout when my commodore was sandwiched. Almost got a subaru sportswagon. I live in Perth, SoR. I'm 24.

Anyway, I had been thinkin about upgrading the engine, I'm happy with the car n its 4x4 capability, but the 4afe wasn't giving out the power I wanted. It recently died (cracked head) and am about to stick in a 20v silvertop. Was hoping for a 4agze but due to recent events n the fact I'm about to go back to study n had to get a loan for my course .... plans change.

I been doing the research for the past year, year and a half about the mod/s. Still plugging away, looked at toymods, twincam, rollaclub, found billzilla's site, etc. Am still hunting through this forum for any useful info, and any ideas.

Can't wait to get it back on the road. Any extra mods will take time and may happen down the track.

Anyways, great to be here, and hopefully I get to meet some of the tocau crew in person.

Edited by sr5_rolla

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently started a new job which came with a Hilux, first Toyota i've really had a good drive of and it's not too bad.

I look forward to becoming a regular member and checking out everyone's rides :)

cheers, Jess

btw, can a mod/admin please contact me via e-mail in regards to advertising on this site ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!!!

I am Tian or Nikkii (whichever you prefer)

I know Stephanite & a few others

I drive mirage at the moment but after i saw a few corolla sportivo tonight i decided to get one!!!

Hey Guys!!!

I drive mirage at the moment but after i saw a few corolla sportivo tonight i decided to get one!!!

Nice meeting you last night nikki. Good to see you've joined the stivo force!

Hey guys, im Michael. i live in perth and 17... meaning still looking for a first car. looking to get a nice old ae82 first up :)

been trolling on heree for a while now, so its about time i joined :)

Hey Guys!!!

I find your avatar...interesting.

You bought a Sportivo yet?

Hi all.

I`m new one here and thought to say hello before i start asking stupid questions..

I´m 31 years old married man with two kids.

I work as a body mechanic at local Toyota workshop. Been always driving Toyotas.

Also rallied quite a lot, started at 1996 with old Starlet (KP60 with 4K engine, about 125hp), moved at 2000 in AE92 GTi Corolla (4AGE) that produced 216hp, had straight cut gearbox and this and that.

Stopped at 2004, bought a house and had those two kids (twins), well ok wife had.. :lol:

Now planning to build a rallycar from Yaris T-Sport (or 1.5l Echo as it seems to be in Australia) for Finnish national rally series that is called V1600, to get started an old hobby again..

My other hobby is restoring old aircooled Volkswagens, but that is a different story.. B)

I think i will be mostly at echo/yaris section asking things..

See ya..

Hey all, another newby here. Have posted in other threads before I found this one.

My ride is a 1989 Toyota Hilux Surf, posed pics in the member rides thread.

Im also a 4th year apprentice mechanic working for a Toyota dealer on Brisbanes northside.

Anyways, howdie all

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

My name is Chris or (MR V8 Soarer)

my car is a 1992 Toyota V8 GTL Soarer some pics soon to be in the member rides thread

the car has exhaust,BFI and a MV Autos shift kit so far but more still to come :D

well thats about it from me....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all another newbie here :)

The names Matt but everyone calls me Tool3y (in realtion to my last name or that im just too l33t ;) im on my Green P's in Victoria :D

I drive a 01 Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca with 80,000kms on it :) oh and it's manual ;)

Learnt to drive in a 34 Chevy Coupe so i only drive manual really, such as the trusty old hilux (just clicked over 300,000kms and never had a problem)

Only thing ive done to my car has been to add a 15inch 100watt Sony Xplod Sub, 5500watt Amp and JVC KD-G646 head unit and it's never sounded better :)

hope to learn the ropes of this forum pretty soon and be a constructive member within this community :D

• 3 weeks later...

G'day,Newbie to this forum and newbie-ish Toyota owner also :huh:

Have a 1987 SV21 CSX sedan,five speed and am lovin it,that might sound strange but I just find this model such a delight to drive...

Liked them so much I found my younger sister an 88 model sdean (auto) as her first car - so far she is liking it a lot,says it's real easy to drive and comfortable ride.

Hope that being interested in this particular model isn't considered odd?

Anyways,looking forward to getting to know everyone over time and have some fun on here too!! :D

G´day everyone my name is Bernard-Jay.

Close friends call me Berns, & the rest call me Bernie.

I´m an Oz born Filipino.

Toyota is in the family blood, Dad owns a ´92 HiLux Surf, sister owns an early ST184 Celica SX & I´m an old shool Corolla fan & I own this - OR1G

Enough said!!!

Edited by bernej

G´day everyone my name is Bernard-Jay.

Close friends call me Berns, & the rest call me Bernie.

I´m an Oz born Filipino.

Toyota is in the family blood, Dad owns a ´92 HiLux Surf, sister owns an early ST184 Celica SX & I´m an old shool Corolla fan & I own this - OR1G

Enough said!!!

Welcome mate.. very clean car u have..

Hey guys! another noob,

My names Ben , Been surfing here for awhile and decided to sign up..

First car was an RA40 celica (weapon...lol)

I now own a JDM ST185 GT4

Theres a pic in my avatar and also in the members rides sections.. Check it out!

G'day i'm Michelle from Sydneys Northern Beaches.

I drive an 04 Corolla Ascent Sports Hatch (wouldve got a Sportivo but they weren't making an 04 model at the time...)

Mods include front and rear lip, clear tail lights, in-dash Alpine 7" touchscreen DVD, and engine, break and suspension mods on the way.

Pics are in the gallery on my page thingt - really shocking photos so once i get a wash etc i'll post some more.

Any members out this way?

Just noticed this thread, i guess im a noob :) so here goes

I'm Andrew Im 21, i live in Newcastle and work in Insurance

Besides Cars& Car Audio my Hobbies Include: Photography, R/C Cars, Mountain Bikes & ATV's,

I currently have 3 cars- TRD Aurion 3500S, Jeep Wrangler & Accord Euro Luxury

lipkit1ao8.jpg

img1099soc8.jpg

Edited by Pumped

Hey Everyone :D

My name's Evo and i have recently bought a fairly new Corolla Seca 02 model, its 5 spd Man and im looking at getting parts, maybe a kit?

If anyone knows who can get parts would be great help :D

Evo

• 3 weeks later...

Have owned four V8's over the last 6 years and have just bought a Corolla Sportivo to save some money on petrol. I have kept a V8 as a toy and the sportivo was meant to be a cheap run around. I bought this so i would not spend money on it. Now after owning it for a little while, I want to modify it. Doh.

Its just a fun little car that has great fuel returns, not to mention insurance and rego.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm Dave

Just aquired myself a 2000 Corolla Ascent liftback. She's stock as a rock, however, on the way to greatness.

I have called my new rolla Alby, this name was devised by my mates as she is nice and white like an albino. :D

I've been surfing this site all morning for some clue as to how on earth im meant to open up the double din stereo holster on top of the dash and eventually found an answer, so this arvo mod number 1 begins, installation of my brand new head deck. woohoo!

Plans on paper at this point in time are:

*Hyper black rims with polished lip

*Nice extractors and a 2/12" dumped tip exhaust

*Cold induction

*Green neons throughout

*Custom tail lights (Most probably a D.I.Y job as altezza lights don't seem to exist for the liftback)

Shall keep everyone posted on the upgrades, however any external upgrades may take a while as I'm on my green P's and don't particularly like being a police target as nice rims and exhausts tend to make you.

Will add piccies when I've set up my photobucket :P

Edited by Boy Castle