The Noob Thread!

SCO-77K

hello,

name is Darren

i work for a yota dealership in parts.

i drive a LN130 Surf as a daily driver.

Building up an old Yn57 SR5 for fun. (and because desiel isnt getting cheaper)

Anyway,

Surf is lifted,32"s,scoop,b/bar,winch,locked frt diff + lots more ive forgotten

10082008496.jpg

and this is the Yn57 Sr5 im midway finishing

4YC Auto XTRA cab

19072008473.jpg

so...HELLO TO ALL

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I 'spose a lil intro is in order. I'm Andrew from Adelaide, currently getting around in a '73 LA Lancer and '89 R32 Skyline 4dr. Love my cars, Toyotas mostly but into pretty much all forms of automobiles. My username comes from my breif stint with a '97 JZX100 Chaser which I imported.

The car in Japan:

myjzx100cj4.png

And when I got it after compliance

s5002071rp2.jpg

And what I did with it often :P

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

I've also had a race only import JZX81 with a smidge under 300 kw at the rear wheels. Never got it on the track but the tunnels saw some external wastegate action when I was on permit :lol:

Anyway as for why I'm here, looking to get an ACV36R Camry because I'm sick of my crap cars. The Lancer is full of rust and barely runs, and the Skyline is a rolling defect waiting to happen. I'm over sketching about the skyrine getting defected or flogged, and I'm over worrying if the Lancer will make it to work tomorrow. I'm also hoping I'll get over my addiction to drifting :P

Still waiting to hear back on the loan approval, but hopefully in a few weeks I can update this with a pic of new car :D

hello to all!!!

hi!! my name is jermaine, new to this forum. just today i finally got my 91 model corolla (well actually it's for the mrs.,but hey, i'll be the one who is playing with it for a while until she passed her Ls' hehehe :D ).

here's the details:

91 corolla Hatchback

15" wheels

K&N air filter

auto (yes!!! you heard it right, auto)

pioneer head unit

jaycar kevlar 6" speakers

for now, main plan is to tidy up the car. a little bit of scrubbing here and there, paint still ok. post picks of before and after (cleaning).

future plans, add more to the sound system department, and manage to keep this little beast as "man-ly" as can be........misus wants to put tweety bird seat covers and all other "chick thing".

cheers!!!

jermaine

ok i just found this thread so here it is...

HIII!!!!

im bondee, a 20yr old chick from WA.

i have just bought a 06 aurion as my family car (i have a 2.5yr old son) to add to my family of cars, a nissan 200sx s14, and a nissan r32GTR (project)!

plans for the aurion, simple mods ie, wheels, exhaust, low springs, neat family spec baisically!

so that me, crazy, fun and in love with my aurion! :)

CHEERS!

BONDEE XOX

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!,

Just bought a nice 97 Caldina 2 weeks ago and thought I should join up. Previous rides Evo 7, GTi-R and a few others not worth mentioning. Except a 1980 Mk2 Transit van factory camper.

I cant believe for the price you pay for a caldina what you get! One of my best buys ever and im loving it.

Does anyone else have a caldina on the forum? Go the GT-4 Wagon!

Cheers

Lachlan - Sydney

hello

im not really a forum noob but a toyota noob!

anyways, i came from a honda family and a frequent on ozhonda.com and crxaustralia.com

i currently have a 89 Honda CRX which ive had for the past 4 years and also, a 6th gen celica which needs some TLC.

• 2 weeks later...

hey im Tabby i live in Logan, Brisbane just recently brought a 98 Caldina GTT ( currently running 15psi), also have owned 2 AE82 Corolla hatches sporting silver top 20valves and a AE95 AWD wagon that i done a blacktop 20valve conversion on..... the Caldina is my 4th Toyota i have owned. Looking at getting a newer model Caldina wagon after xmas. (once you go turbo you never go back :P)

pccaldina0001.jpg

Edited by Caldina_Gurl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I'm Jesse from Granville, Sydney. I've been a member on this forum for a while, but i kept forgetting my password :) .

I drive a black '08 Corolla sedan. It's largely stock, except for a K&N filter and a xenon headlight kit.

:D

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

101_0273.jpg

Hello All,

I'm Bill and I've got a 1976 Crown with 58000Kms from NEW! Bought it off an old lady who drove 100 Metres to the shops and that's all. The inside looks brand new, and it's got..... wait for it..... an electric aerial, and the original spare tyre.... I'll put some pics up when I get a chance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey im Simon from Melbourne's eastern suburbs. i've owned a couple toyota's here and there, all oldskool though. the first one that got me hooked was a little KE20 coupe which i putted around in to work etc when i had my bigger/fuel guzzling Statesman to burn around in, but after selling the stato i ended up selling the ke20 and found a ke26 panelvan which i still have and i love it to bits, even though it is in bits atm lol. since i knew my panelvan would be off the road for ages i snooped around and found another ke26, this time a 4 door which i ended up selling afew months ago and atm im driving around an rx7, but i still love my corolla more! lol.

Hey everyone...

I'm Tiff but call me Chiky

I have a Corolla Toyota, I think 2003 model (can't remember), it's a maroon car, it's a corolla accent....it has now 37100kms...bought it at the toyota car shop as a demo car so got it for a cheap price plus exchange with another car so it made it much cheaper a nice price of $8000 sweet as hey hey hey

i'm a chick from Queensland :)

Catch ya

Hi all,

My name is Andrew, 26yo and I'm from sunny Queensland (Ipswich to be exact). My car is a 1981 Celica RA40 Liftback I recently purchased due to me driving my last car into flood waters (yes, i'm not to bright). My first car was a 78 Liftback so when looking for my new one, I got abit nostalgic.

So, looking forward to meet other RA40 enthusiests and just car lovers in general. Don't be shy to Message me.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

hi. im johnny. living in perth at the min. i bought a ta22 celica a few weeks back.

it need a bit of work. but is cool. it got a 4age supercharged engine runing a 0.8 boost.

most of my cars are toyota,s but have a soft spot for type r civic and all v tec so what do you all drive.

post-11487-1230132693_thumb.jpg

post-11487-1230132827_thumb.jpg

Hey, I've been a member here for a while now and haven't really introduced myself.

My name is Tom and I've owned a 1997 Toyota Starlet for about 4 years now.

I used to own an EP82 1992 Toyota Starlet GT but sold it earlier this year.

Hi, I'm Tony, just purchased a 1 year old ZRE152 hatch in red as the daily runaround. My wife will be driving it most the time, but I will get to give it a squirt from time to time so no tweety bird seat covers or flower stickers on the back of this one. :whistling: Already looking for some 17" rims and have mentioned a CAI and exhaust upgrade, she didn't say "forget it" so thats as good as a "go for it" to me. :rolleyes:

I love the "how to.." posts as they save me from busting everything that is plastic when just trying to replace a blown globe. :(

So that's where you'll find me.