The Noob Thread!

SCO-77K

Hi Everyone,

Zac. I live in the westside of SYD, AUS.

I have just picked up a 2008 Corolla Sedan in black.

I had to buy this car in automatic as I need a knee reconstruction and can no longer drive manual.

So I sold out of the car game and said goodbye to my beloved R32 Skyline GTR (AU Spec) with almost 700BHP and promised never to go so deep with a car ever again (debt and love)..I even purposely bought what I thought was a very sedate car to keep me out of the game.

But then something strange happened; I fell in love with the Rolla and after first saying it would not be modified the list is already past the end of the page.

Very early days, it has a dark tint and has had all of the rear lid badges removed.

Custom leather interior black with perforated centres with red suede underneath.

Soon comes the Tenzo R Type M rims 18x8 in satin black with red lips.

I plan TEIN super damper coilovers but might need to live in reality with a set of domestic market coilovers $ wise.

I am currently looking for a front grill upgrade and about a billion other things that I want to tickle.

Good to see some real knowledge being shared on this site and thought I would join you all in Toyota world.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey everyone:) i just got a 2005 corolla accent seca Hatchback that my parents sold to me for $9000 aus with 30,000 kms on it for a uni car. I am used to working on older holden motors such as 202's up to 308's so it will be good to talk about something different:) i will eventually like to modify it with a bodykit and sound system probably. not much cause i will be broke from uni haha

Hey everyone, im Nathan. I dont actually own a car yet, seeing as Im only 15, (sixteen this year), but ive decided that my first car is definitely going to be a 5th or 6th Gen Toyota Celica SX, if i can find one, preferably in black or white. :D

Edited by Gen 6 Pilot

Hi Everyone,

Im the new owner of a white 2000 V6 manual Camry which I purchased on Christmas Eve with 93,000 kms and dealer service records. Have spent most of my time since then scrubbing and polishing. I'm 69 and my interests include music, especially that of Bach, cars, horse-racing.

My previous cars include 2 EH Holdens - one was my first new car in 1964 - 2 Morris Minors, one with an 803 cc engine, Perfect-tune head and 2 inch exhaust which I broke near Goondiwindi - it really wasn't built to travel at 70 mph! I've had an Alfetta and an Alfetta GTV in which I drove 360,000 kms. Loved it and spent a mint on it as most Alfa owners do. I've been driving a 1970 Mazda 1800 for the last 11 years - beautiful car with many upgrades and SS badges - and I'm now enjoying my new Camry. I enjoy performance and hence the manual, and after years of driving sports cars I can't believe how quiet and smooth-riding the Camry is. Gives my a chance to hear my Bach at highway speeds.

Why a Camry? I'm impressed by the comments in the Dogs and Lemons Book. I want a car that is not only enjoyable but has quality built into it as I believe the Camry has in buckets. Am not worried by its bland image. The owner can do something about that!

I'm delighted to find this forum and to have access to the opinions of users as distinct from what we are told from official sources. I'm not quite new to Toyota since my wife has a red 1995 ZR Celica which I also love driving. My favourite story on this one is of the staff member at the hospital where she works as a nurse looking at her car and saying, "You've got your son's car today." "No," she said, "It's mine." "But it has a sports exhaust!" My wife is a very with it person and enjoys telling the story.

My thanks to all who have posted and helped me add to my Toyota background in the last few days.

Hi Guys,

I'm Daryl, 21, living in the suburbs of Adelaide, driving an 05 upgrade corolla sportivo. Pretty much standard... cept for a couple things.. Got a dual exhaust, 17" rims and lowered. Also got a bit of an upgraded sound system. Money a bit of an issue with doing mods but am hoping to get around to it one day :) Hopefully I can figure my way around the site and get a few pics up and make my page look half decent lol.

post-8262-1232276998_thumb.jpg

Edited by d-rolla

Hey Everyone,

I'm Carly and im 21 from Brisbane. I have just bought a 2007 Aurion Sportivo SX6. As a daily i own a 97 Corolla

CSi. My Partner ownes a modified 2005 V6 Camry Sportivo 5 Speed Manual so a few Toyotas parked in the garage :)

I was converted from nissan having previously owned a SSS pulsar and my beloved R33 skyline.

Few plans in mind for the aurion which include a nice set of 19" rims, super lows, duel dump pipes, pesonalised plates, darker tint and then audio upgrade to something along the lines of alpine or pioneer. Way down the track maybe some ghost air brushing.

The corolla daily is boring having kept it stocko.

Camry Sportivo mods include 19" Advanti Vapours, lowered on kings, dump pipe, custom tail lights, clarion front screen with sat nav, clarion roof mount, playstation two slim, focal speakers and amp, the boot install includes 4 x cadence 10" subs and huge amp. Car was entered into autosalon brisbane 05.

I'll find some pics and upload soon. Looking forward to some input for the aurion pahaps performance wise. I'm looking at light mods, not a supercharger kit.

Oh for those that live in brisbane, i work at a local Toyota dealership for those after a new car or cheaper parts. Feel free to contact me :)

post-11808-1232335686_thumb.jpg

post-11808-1232335696_thumb.jpg

post-11808-1232335705_thumb.jpg

post-11808-1232335712_thumb.jpg

post-11808-1232335719_thumb.jpg

post-11808-1232335726_thumb.jpg

Edited by sportivo chick

Hey guys, seems like theres lots of newbs popping in. Just to keep it a bit organised thought if you're new you can say hello in here!

So a big HELLO!! to all the noobs!! :D

let us know what car you drive and post any pics if you have them!

Hey there, just joined up. I have a Hiace Supercustom import with a 3 litre turbo diesel engine in it. Goes great but wanting to do a few things to it to make it more "personal". If anyone else has one let me know, maybe we can compare notes.

Cheers.

G'day.

Im Gareth, from Melbourne's outer east. I currently drive a 93 Hilux Surf, but am in the process of trading it in for a 99 100 series.

I'd be interested to hear from any 100 series owners who have had lpg fitted.

Cheers Banga

Edited by Banga

HI there all...........

I am a noob in this club.

Just joined a few minutes ago.

Just made a deal with someone for a 1989 AE93 SX SECA.

Its gonna be my first TOYOTA.

I will be getting it transferred tomorrow.

I am in Berwick, Melbourne.

Am a biker at heart but some cars I just don't mind at all.

Hope to c some of u around sometime... I might even roll a bit in the city every now and then(melb)

Will put new pics once I finally get it and wash and wax it.

Keep rolling........

......................... Harry

post-12062-1233712033_thumb.jpg

post-12062-1233712060_thumb.jpg

post-12062-1233712121_thumb.jpg

post-12062-1233712151_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

Names Matt and im from Melb, new to this forum but not to toyota's, so im a major noob in terms of the forum, but have been riding around in toyota's all my life.

I own a AE92 Corrolla hatchback, little rocket it was till it started to make a ticking noise when i accelarate, still drives but worried about the noise. Its currently sitting in my drive way untill i decide what to do with it, any ideas?

My other car is a 2007 Camry Sportivo which i love to drive around in. If anyones got any good ideas on what to do to it give me a yell!! :) Will post a picture when i choose a decent one.

Hope to hear from some of you guys, Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

hi all ma name is sean i am 16 and i just picked up an 82 twin cam hatch for $250 it will be ma first car but i am doing a ton of work on it, it is white and black i will post pics when it is complete

Edited by cruzer

• 2 years later...

G'day all, newbie here!

Got our family an Estima Lucida CX 1992 model. It is 2.2TDI and we are pretty darn happy with it.

Had a few small issues, but over all its nothing you wouldnt expect from a vehicle that is 20 years old.

Gettin pretty good fuel range, 600km from 49 litres every time on the highway and 550km around town from 52 litres.

Compared it to Tarago's, even the new ones, and this is so much nicer (except it is not the wide body).