The Noob Thread!

SCO-77K

hi guys, here's a bit of info about me

Giang,22 male,from St Albans, and i drive a 95 SillyCar, it's my current ride for now until in two yrs time where i have enough dosh to get my second car, anywayz here's my current ride after a car wash, but trust me, i need a complete respray

Welcome to the forum Giang, nice ride man! what are you planning on buying for your next car? Anyways enjoy your stay on the forum and we have a Dyno day coming up soon if your interested, put your name down in the 'Club Meets' section.. cya round brah!

Thanks shmicko, my current one doesn't do for me, was hooked on a mate's car, something with turbo, that's what i need and well maybe also a 4wd as well :D lol i'm addicted to boost now :lol: thanks 4 letting me know, i'll be there if i can make it

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi every1 i dont think i discovered this part of the forums before :S

i'm still a newbie and i joined over a year ago :)

love reading, not that great on replying ;)

Edited by Airbourne128224

Newb here. Been reading TOCAU for a while now and have just signed up.

I drive an 02 conquest in a steel blue colour, hence the name.

I am on other forums, but with another name...

Anyways, plan to learn more about my car so I'll know more than the bf :P :yahoo:

Edited by bluesteel

hi everyone im a newbie, im megan, just turned 22 from the central coast, been reading before i registered and thought id sign up now.

Just bought a new 06 corolla conquest in bishop blue.

Also my mum owns a 02 silver sportivo so i also could get around in that!

hope to get lots of tips and meet other enthusisists.

thanks

megan

rollas.jpg

S8000911.jpg

25122006915.jpg

Edited by panic blue

Hey Megan :)

I love that bishop blue - man i wish they had that colour available when i bought my sportivo!!

Hope you enjoy your stay, have you got anything planned for your rolla?

Anyways, plan to learn more about my car so I'll know more than the bf :P :yahoo:

That's funny, someone else has exactly the same forum name as you. And welcome!! :D

That's funny, someone else has exactly the same forum name as you. And welcome!! :D

Lol. I assure you we are not one and the same. I couldn't think of a better name and I wanted to keep all my forum personas different. Thanks for the welcome!

Panic Blue, I love that bishop blue colour as well. Go Toyota for splashing around with different colours! :)

I love that bishop blue - man i wish they had that colour available when i bought my sportivo!!

thanks, im the only one in my area with this car in the bishop colour!

yeah i have lil things planned for it but gotta spend some money on the repayments first!

then ill start getting bigger better things for it.

Edited by panic blue

Hi all,

I'm yet another newbie. Always loved Toyotas and fell in love with the sw20. At the time I was a uni student and couldn't afford one so I got the AW11. Had it for a number of years and fell in love for ever. Had to sell her to live in the land of her birth. Got another one when I came back after 5 years...

Whats with all these sportivos out there? Must check one out to see why everyone has one.

Saw you can fit a 7AFE with 4AGZE pistons with a 20valve head and turbo - 300hp. Oh what a feeling that would be! :yahoo: So that's my project, and if anyone can help out with details feel free to add a comment on the MR2 forum. :help:

Umm, personal info. hmm. Live in Melbournes outer east, 31, love cruising - if we need milk, I go on a cannon ball run. :spiteful: (showing my age? :unsure: ) Smokey and the bandit? :huh: Roadrunner? :( . . . Oh I give up! B)

Will hopefully see the MR2 guys and gals out there on a cruise day!

G'day all,

Another newbie here, from Wollongong NSW.

I have a white 2003 Sportivo with 18" wheels, 30mm lowered springs (which it needed badly!) and dark tints. Oh, and it's got cruise control, which was a bit of a surprise. (Haven't got any pics yet other than those I took on my phone but I will post some soon)

Aside from that, it is as it left the factory - and to the SP20's I was looking at buying at the time this little baby makes me feel :yahoo: everyday (even below 6200rpm). Loving that Toyota build quality!!

I have previously owned a few other cars that were decent, a couple of modified MX5's, a Cordia turbo (back in the day!) and a Commodore SS but the Sportivo is perfect for what I need for now.

Anyhow, I'm off to browse the sticky posts re: cold air intakes as I am chasing a few more KW but realistically just some more intake roar would suit me just fine. Might also do an exhaust later once I get a little bored. And maybe a rear swaybar......hey, you guys go to Wakefield Park???? If so, my Visa may be cruising for a brusing........

Oh, the username is the same as my number plate - I don't really have the ego to go with it, but when a girl that worked for me had MZB05Y, well, I couldn't just let that ride - a quick trip to the RTA showed her that IMB055 :D it was all a bit of fun and now my mates know the plates so they stay!

So hi to everyone here, hope to see you on the street sometime soon

Guest JDM y0 !

i never introduced myself before (how rude of me!) lol.

im a n00b, my name is brett, i drive an ae86 and im addicted to myspace. if elected beauty queen i would hope for world peace :) lol

l_5c2f38a22ff4850f6750dc311b6ec706.jpg

Edited by JDM y0 !

G'day all,

Another newbie here, from Wollongong NSW.

I have a white 2003 Sportivo with 18" wheels, 30mm lowered springs (which it needed badly!) and dark tints. Oh, and it's got cruise control, which was a bit of a surprise. (Haven't got any pics yet other than those I took on my phone but I will post some soon)

Aside from that, it is as it left the factory - and to the SP20's I was looking at buying at the time this little baby makes me feel :yahoo: everyday (even below 6200rpm). Loving that Toyota build quality!!

I have previously owned a few other cars that were decent, a couple of modified MX5's, a Cordia turbo (back in the day!) and a Commodore SS but the Sportivo is perfect for what I need for now.

Anyhow, I'm off to browse the sticky posts re: cold air intakes as I am chasing a few more KW but realistically just some more intake roar would suit me just fine. Might also do an exhaust later once I get a little bored. And maybe a rear swaybar......hey, you guys go to Wakefield Park???? If so, my Visa may be cruising for a brusing........

Oh, the username is the same as my number plate - I don't really have the ego to go with it, but when a girl that worked for me had MZB05Y, well, I couldn't just let that ride - a quick trip to the RTA showed her that IMB055 :D it was all a bit of fun and now my mates know the plates so they stay!

So hi to everyone here, hope to see you on the street sometime soon

welcome

I think I may have seen your car around

i never introduced myself before (how rude of me!) lol.

im a n00b, my name is brett, i drive an ae86 and im addicted to myspace. if elected beauty queen i would hope for world peace :) lol

l_5c2f38a22ff4850f6750dc311b6ec706.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahaha maddog

Hey guys!

im fudd. i drive an '06 lux

this is my first toyota. before this i had a Eunos Cosmo, '78 e21 316 (with 2.0l in it) Seat Cordoba and a N12 pulsar.

the seat had a showy stereo install in it and had it at FB2002. the Eunos had a nice stereo winning me many trophys over 2 years in CAASQ (sound quality comps) including Vic champion twice and Aust champ once (and a second)

the Hulix will be bigger and better. got planned a half decent stereo including

Apine 7998r Phantom face

Soundstream Reference 404 and Rubi 502 running the fronts

OZ audio Matrix Elite 2 ways (soon to be 3 ways)

Qmax 6.5in subs x 6 will be mounted in a FG box under and behind the passenger seat

DDz1a will be powering the subs

and full Scosche wireing

all the install will be getting done by the guys at Phatt Audio who are responsible for the Alpine 300c and Eclipe Tarago

ill post pics up when it's getting done :)

Hey Guys,

Just a newbie here, I dont own a Toyota but i do own a Honda. I'm mates with David, who has a 04 Rolla.

Was just browsing around and i do come too meets with Dave, and i do enjoy my time there. I'm not here to hijack no forums and be like Hondas are better... I'm here to learn about the wonderful world of Toyota's esp the corolla Sportivo... I'll post up some pics here of my ride, Soon to be lowered soo stay tuned!

Dave's Corolla n My Accord

DSC_0738.jpg

My accord

HPIM0015.jpg

Accord with Lids but i've taken them off right now

Car.jpg

Thanks guys

Edited by xplodin

Hey Guys,

Just a newbie here, I dont own a Toyota but i do own a Honda. I'm mates with David, who has a 04 Rolla.

Was just browsing around and i do come too meets with Dave, and i do enjoy my time there. I'm not here to hijack no forums and be like Hondas are better... I'm here to learn about the wonderful world of Toyota's esp the corolla Sportivo... I'll post up some pics here of my ride, Soon to be lowered soo stay tuned!

DSC_0738.jpg

My accord

HPIM0015.jpg

Car.jpg

Thanks guys

The eye lids look cool man leave them on. And maybe if you venture the toca site often we could get you to

change to the good side of the force :whistling: Anyway welcome to you and all above

Edited by RoLLing BLK

Hey Guys,

DSC_0738.jpg

My accord

HPIM0015.jpg

Car.jpg

Thanks guys

you suck go back to your honda foroum :P

bump

come on megan, we want to know...:P

The old 'doing up the car' bug can bite anyone :D

That has to be one of the best factory colours I've seen on a car, no sh!t

bump

haha i no i love the colour too!

i had to wait 2 weeks for it!!

and still dont have everything!

they are stuffing me around with no getting me spare keys, log books, cig lighter.. and it came with a free lil dent in the body! not happy.. <_<

yep its bitting at me every day to do something to it so yes im getting little bits and peices together for it so ill let you no how i go!

thanks! :D

megan

bump

haha i no i love the colour too!

i had to wait 2 weeks for it!!

and still dont have everything!

they are stuffing me around with no getting me spare keys, log books, cig lighter.. and it came with a free lil dent in the body! not happy.. <_<

yep its bitting at me every day to do something to it so yes im getting little bits and peices together for it so ill let you no how i go!

thanks! :D

megan

Goody :D

Hey Peoples,

I've been checkin this site out for a while now and seen it gettin around on some sigs in camcrew, so now I finally signed up.

anyways the names Russell, from Cairns in QLD , i Drive a manual 99 V6 Camry Conquest.

So far I've kitted her out with a 2.5" cat back exhuast, and replaced the stock air box with a SRI(only looks and sounds cool bout the only benifit) and lowered it with king lows.

(pics are sh*t quality)

camry%20PD1.jpg

camry%20PD2.jpg