The Noob Thread!

SCO-77K

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone, my names Luke, probably pretty obvious, been scouting your site for while until i recently just bought my 2003 Sportivo.

Pretty stock atm, only a rear muffler and front grill done so far with some new rims very close :D Glad to find a bunch of people that also share the addicition!!

L.

Morning Ladies and bruces

Decided i would introduce myself. Name's James... I own an AE93 White SX Hatch with an AE101 Silvertop 20v... quite a mouth full. Its currently in crap condition cause stupid toyota suck at choosing good primers! In desparate need of rims, mostly likely getting black RS-GT's

I plan on beating all u stivo owners at dyno days but i cant see that happening this year with the asthetic things i need to fix up.

I live in north rocks and im on here cause of the stickers i spotted on petes stivo... Or the white one that was with him anyway. Looking forward to meeting some of you on cruise n stuff

Decided i would introduce myself. Name's James... I own an AE93 White SX Hatch with an AE101 Silvertop 20v... quite a mouth full. Its currently in crap condition cause stupid toyota suck at choosing good primers! In desparate need of rims, mostly likely getting black RS-GT's

I plan on beating all u stivo owners at dyno days but i cant see that happening this year with the asthetic things i need to fix up.

I live in north rocks and im on here cause of the stickers i spotted on petes stivo... Or the white one that was with him anyway. Looking forward to meeting some of you on cruise n stuff

welcome to TOCAU james!!!

u just missed out on a big meet last weekend. its all good though there will be more exciting things planned for this year. not sure about dyno days but for a track day is already on my drawing board :D

good to know ppl notice the club stickers.....i have a massive one on the back of my van and no one seems to pay attention to it :lol: they spend more time laughing at the poor kid stuck in my boot :lol:

Yeah i wont be putting any stickers on cause im already a financial member with SRC (Sydney rolla club). Yeah i saw lot of stickers on stivos round that weekend. And i saw pete and limz out with their stivos but i think they were off to show n shine. You guys should come to toy mods dyno days. I wonna see if all the money ive spent on my baby will get me any where near a stivo

In regards to join date im not technically a noob, but considering i dont post much ahem.. (i think ive done 5 now???)

I think its best to start here again.

i need help

i dont have alot of cash budgeted for my 2004 corolla S but i try to buy it presents once in awhile, anyways and i kinda stuck on what to do next

should i get:

a) CAI + Exhaust

B) an ok set of rims (excl. tires)

other things that is vying for my disposable income are

c) canon EOS 400D + kit

d) playstation 3

e) laptop

f) trip to japan

btw i have installed a sound system already + installed a new set of springs

heres my car DSC01790s.jpg

thoughts/comments???

ps

i have removed all the badges on my car (where i park my car unless you do it yourself somebody does it for you)

so my car is looking kinda plain so yeah interested to know who i PM for club stickers??

pss

mish you still on these forums??

Howdy!

I'm Drew, and based in Sydney (the Sutherland Shire). I'm onto my last year of my Green P's, and have recently migrated to my third Corolla.

I learned on an AE82 CS, then was given an AE94 CSi Limited (which is now my Brother's), and now have an AE112R Conquest, which I am starting to appreciate, however as I have only had it for about a week, I'm still learning things about the car.

I thought I would join here, as with all new things, you have many questions, and hopefully I can get answers for them here.

Thanks for the great resource.

Drew.

You ended up experiecing the darker side of Tocau (9/11 thread), there is a light side however don't worry dude.

Howdy!

I'm Drew, and based in Sydney (the Sutherland Shire). I'm onto my last year of my Green P's, and have recently migrated to my third Corolla.

I learned on an AE82 CS, then was given an AE94 CSi Limited (which is now my Brother's), and now have an AE112R Conquest, which I am starting to appreciate, however as I have only had it for about a week, I'm still learning things about the car.

I thought I would join here, as with all new things, you have many questions, and hopefully I can get answers for them here.

Thanks for the great resource.

Drew.

Welcome

Cheers buddy, i understand, theres loonies in every bunch. Its hard to convince ppl like that, that they are just beingconned. They have this idea that they are the enlightened ones. Most of them are just keyboard warriors like the douche bag that got banned (still cant wait for him to come off the ban, i think he was really looking forward to comparing balls)

But apart from children with violent keyboard tendancies and deluded italians, this places is pretty good. Oh and it has a fckn funny jokes section. lol, "took hammer off midget" lol i nearly shat myself lauging at that

• 3 weeks later...

Ah... crap. I joined this forum months ago and only just realised that i've been lurking around in the dark without having posted once until tonight. Oops!

Time to introduce myself!

Hi, I'm Maria.

I drive a 2004 Corolla Ascent Sedan (wow.. it's not a sportivo hatch...something a little different) with a cat back exhaust and a few aesthetic mods. I found out about TOCAU through Camcrew ages ago...

• 2 weeks later...
Ah... crap. I joined this forum months ago and only just realised that i've been lurking around in the dark without having posted once until tonight. Oops!

Time to introduce myself!

Hi, I'm Maria.

I drive a 2004 Corolla Ascent Sedan (wow.. it's not a sportivo hatch...something a little different) with a cat back exhaust and a few aesthetic mods. I found out about TOCAU through Camcrew ages ago...

Gigitty gigitty gigitty...

hey all i thought id introduce myself my names jimmy and im 20 from knox area.i am also on the ozcelica forum known as fiynix.i drive a 1983 toyota celica hatch.its white with a black bonnet and am currently doin her up very slowly as i hav a couple of medical conditions and lack of funds.i also have crohns disease and would like to meet any1 with crohns hopefully can post sum pics up of the car wen i hav time 2 take fotos and fix her up more hi all again and hope to b gettin sum good advice from u all :D

• 2 weeks later...

hey I'm Cheungah. I'm 22, live in Brisbane.

I love long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners and Toyotas. LOL just kidding...

I'm uni student studying Bachelor of Nursing.

I used to own a Toyota Corolla AE92 SX hatch running 4A-GE 16v. Had all the usual mods of exhaust, short shifter, CAI, suspension, mags, slotted rotors, audio, etc etc etc. Owned it for 1 week and had it written off because of an a**hole who failed to indicate ran and nudged me sending me into a pole leaving me thank *** alive.

As of last saturday I'm now a proud owner of another Toyota Corolla. An bone stock AE112R Ascent sedan 2000 model with 7A-FE 16v twin cam 1.8L but unforunately auto. I've got few definite plans for it for however long I own it but nothing too over the top as sedan's don't fancy many people.

Cheers

thought i would intro myself becuz i didnt know about this noob thread and been on here for a few months now

so anyways name is dennis but can call me Denz

live in melb the werribee area

i drive a 05 Blue Corolla Sportivo, i think it was the last one that was ever made

cuz i had to wait for it to be biult in japan and it was the end of the year of the facelift models

no mods done yet becuz i have a son and saving money for a house.

how i envy some of the guys on this forum who have time and money to mod your cars.

but me in the other hand =FAMILY=HOUSE

onli got a cold air feed from the fog lights into the airbox.

quite surprised in the extra little bit of torque you get out of doing this little DIY job

and also some DIY eyelids as well and badges all taken off except for toyota and corolla ones (SLEEPER!!!!)

thats it for now

cheers Denz....

Yay first noob post after googling if Australia had a toyota club.

Im DJ, 21 Uni gradruate, just moved from NZ (in liverpool, syd), so I dont have a vehicle yet.

My last 4 cars have all been RWD toyotas.

Included two MR2's (one SW and one SC AW), a AE85 and my last car a AE86 Trueno, which looked like this.

So yeah, hiyas.

hi guys.. im deo from manila, philippines..

just browsing around and saw your great site..

i just got a '98 corolla, ae111 we call it here,

but i think some of you guys call it bugeyes/ae112r or something..

anyway, i have also 2003 toyota vios, which my wife is using now.

i used to own '80 corona liftback and '96 corolla ae101, us version..

more power to your site.. and mabuhay..

n2deep

i drive a 05 Blue Corolla Sportivo, i think it was the last one that was ever made

cuz i had to wait for it to be biult in japan and it was the end of the year of the facelift models

There was a total of 0 Sportivo's built in Japan that came to Australia.

There was a total of 0 Sportivo's built in Japan that came to Australia.

ZOMG but yourz sayz 'RUNX'?????????