CES CAI for ZRE Corolla

Hey all,

I didn't hear anything more about the CAI CES were developing that silvabullit was chasing up (i think??).

Anyway i decided i'd contact CES and this was the reply i got:

Quite some time ago we fitted up a Toyota Corolla Ascent ? (car borrowed) model ZRE152R... engine [ZZR-FE] to produce C.A.I. Kit to trial.. we have parts/jigs here in a box. To date we have never had an enquiry. (Not 1 email)... We would like to fit another up and run for awhile to test first (locally) before sending any out...

This is where we are. We would need a local customer vehicle in to fit up the product to re-confirm fitment (before we send any out) - If you are local and would like one, let us know.

Is there anyone in brissy with a zre willing to do some tests with CES for cai fittment??

and i'm sure there are people here interested in a CES Cold air intake, surely.

If you are, let me know, i'll pass on to ces how many people are interested so that they know there are people out there wanting one!!!

Come on ZRE owners!

I am.

But I own the ZRE Sedan. So I'm not sure if engine bay space available would be different?

Let me know. I am definitely keen on the results. Sadly, I'm in WA. Otherwise I'd have given them my car to do tests on.

Please notify them on my behalf to find out the differences between the engine bay space in a sedan and hatch.

Cheers,

Jase

Edited by Jaaassseeee

I would also be keen aswell, but im in sydney. I'm guessing they haven't told you the price?. Could you find out please?

there is no price, they don't sell an intake system for the zre's, becuase no one has enquired with them, they haven't bothered to make one up.

CES have since said to me, that they can do a custom job for people that want to take their car to them, but if you want them to send you a kit then they need to have enough interest to actually make a kit for the ZRE. if there is enough interest for people who actually WANT to get a kit for their car, not just have thought about it, or are interested then they will make one up.

is there anyone here who is actually wanting a kit?

its pretty easy to seperate the men from the boys ...... put ur money where ur mouth .... or keyboard is should i say ...... put down several deposits and a business like CES will give u the time of day and produce a good quality product for u ..... otherwise i totally agree with their point of view ..... y should they waste their time if there is no demand ............

hmm, they suggested to me i drive up and they do a custom job for me. i'm considering, be a good holiday anyway, just wanted to see if there was enough interest.....just that no one has bothered to contact someone about getting it done.

I would also be keen aswell, but im in sydney. I'm guessing they haven't told you the price?. Could you find out please?

there is no price, they don't sell an intake system for the zre's, becuase no one has enquired with them, they haven't bothered to make one up.

CES have since said to me, that they can do a custom job for people that want to take their car to them, but if you want them to send you a kit then they need to have enough interest to actually make a kit for the ZRE. if there is enough interest for people who actually WANT to get a kit for their car, not just have thought about it, or are interested then they will make one up.

is there anyone here who is actually wanting a kit?

Yes I do, within a reasonable price.

Otherwise, if it's too expensive I might as well get one made in Perth.

the car we used for initial development is no longer available to use. i did post up a while ago if someone in brisbane had a ZRE to use as a test car we could continue the development. Alas no reply.

The CAI is basically all there ready to be made and fitted to a car. just need a car to do it. If ZRE owners show interest then contact CES and let them know. If they get a fair few requests then action will be taken to put it into production.

cost wise at this stage is prolly going to be roughly the same as the CAI for the ZZE corolla's. I will chat to Trevor next week regarding this if i see enough GENUINE interest i will try and source a car to get it happening. Otherwise I will not waste my time as I am pretty busy ATM.

the car we used for initial development is no longer available to use. i did post up a while ago if someone in brisbane had a ZRE to use as a test car we could continue the development. Alas no reply.

The CAI is basically all there ready to be made and fitted to a car. just need a car to do it. If ZRE owners show interest then contact CES and let them know. If they get a fair few requests then action will be taken to put it into production.

cost wise at this stage is prolly going to be roughly the same as the CAI for the ZZE corolla's. I will chat to Trevor next week regarding this if i see enough GENUINE interest i will try and source a car to get it happening. Otherwise I will not waste my time as I am pretty busy ATM.

lol true that :) i consider since im in brisbane

Well, I've emailed Trevor's CES email address and it's been 4-5 days and not a reply. So I'm guessing they're not really interested in my business.

I did mention I was from TOCAU and that I drove a ZRE Sedan so there might be variations to the CAI piping length etc etc.

If anyone of you can get in contact with them it'd be great, otherwise I think I'll just get one custom made over here in Perth.

Cheers,

Jase

I will be talking with Trevor over the next few days regarding this. If you are genuinely interested and not wasting my time then PM me so I can give CES rough numbers. this may get the ball rolling.

Well, I've emailed Trevor's CES email address and it's been 4-5 days and not a reply. So I'm guessing they're not really interested in my business.

I did mention I was from TOCAU and that I drove a ZRE Sedan so there might be variations to the CAI piping length etc etc.

If anyone of you can get in contact with them it'd be great, otherwise I think I'll just get one custom made over here in Perth.

Cheers,

Jase

Like most performance workshops, if your actually interested then pickup the phone and call them.

forget email, they have hundreds, i know, they spent 3 weeks still no reply, so I called and got an answer straight away.

nothind replaces talking on the phone to someone, that's how i got my steer in the right direction.

whitestivo

so what happened? did you asked them?