my aurion......ON 20 INCHES!!

ELEGNT

I'm a fan of the wheels, however not the tyre package. I realise you've probably selected the profile you have in order to retain the rolling diameter, but they look like they've been painted on they're that thin. Go up a profile next time you're getting tyres, your colon will thank you. I'd steer clear of Wangkang tyres in the future too.

The tire choice came down to a couple of factors. The size was due to an issue with lowering the Aurion plus upgrading to 20 inch rims; you will get really bad scrubbing. BONDIE talked about it all here:

NEED HELP ON LOWERING INFO ABOUT RUBBING

The brand of tire was due to the fact that the tires on the Aurion need to have a load rating of at least 93 (650kg per tire). Not too many choices out there in that profile of tire, and in that spec, it can get pretty pricey.

That's hot! Tempe specials?

I'll be getting either jet league lightning or fox fashion.

Not a fan of the nankangs tho!

I'll get rims when the stockies run out. How many k's have people got out of the michelins?

Edited by Freddo

How many k's have people got out of the michelins?

Well my Michelins lasted 48,000kms and that's with some reasonably hard driving. With normal driving, I would expect these tires to last anywhere in the 50,000 - 60,000kms range.

That's hot! Tempe specials?

I'll be getting either jet league lightning or fox fashion.

Not a fan of the nankangs tho!

I'll get rims when the stockies run out. How many k's have people got out of the michelins?

How many k's have people got out of the michelins?

Well my Michelins lasted 48,000kms and that's with some reasonably hard driving. With normal driving, I would expect these tires to last anywhere in the 50,000 - 60,000kms range.

Hah in that case I'll be getting rims in 2014. I've only done 9000kms.

I'll get some rims next year then and paint the stock rims charcoal.

guys, i will vouch for this,

when esexsix rocked up to the meet on thursday, this car looked like pure sex, i mean it is hot as B)

well done mate, they look VERY good B)

Shame you have convinced me for an upgrade of shoes... later on lol :lol:

Evo

Edited by Evo7

With that drop they look just right. How are ya finding your suspension.

Im hearing ya on the noisey nankangs, they are ***** on the hwy's. There was another brand that are load rated for 30's but they are heaps expensive. (Cant remeber the name, but i remember they were nearly as much as the rims.

yeh the nankangs look good but they are fuqn noisy and i was driving in the rain yesterday and they felt like they wanted to start aqua planeing...i was like WTF

suspension is really good! handles great...just a shame with the OD of the new tire being smaller than the stock it doesnt look as close to the guard now

I'm a fan of the wheels, however not the tyre package. I realise you've probably selected the profile you have in order to retain the rolling diameter, but they look like they've been painted on they're that thin. Go up a profile next time you're getting tyres, your colon will thank you. I'd steer clear of Wangkang tyres in the future too.

i would like more profile too and a different brand but these where the only tire in that profile that was load rated for my car. and i didnt want to go 35 profile becasue even witht he 30's with noone else in it you go over a decent bump and the tire scrubs the inner guard...i dread what its goin to be like loaded up with people

ok, so i got my 20s today... and for a second i had a heart attack cause i thought my new rims are exactly the same as yours!!!! :ph34r:

but on closer inspection of your pictures, its different... similar, but different... :D

i had to go with those nankangs though... :(

they arent as bad as i remembered them being though... i havent pushed it hard around corners yet, but in a straight line, there not tooooo bad...

road noise isnt as bad as i remembered either... :)

ok, so i got my 20s today... and for a second i had a heart attack cause i thought my new rims are exactly the same as yours!!!! :ph34r:

but on closer inspection of your pictures, its different... similar, but different... :D

i had to go with those nankangs though... :(

they arent as bad as i remembered them being though... i havent pushed it hard around corners yet, but in a straight line, there not tooooo bad...

road noise isnt as bad as i remembered either... :)

Where are the pics then?

ZZR88 - How quick are your nankangs wearing are u getting good life out of them?

Freddo - Bob jane special actually...only just been released, yet to see someone else with the same ones :D

I've had the nankangs for around 9months and the wear seems to be pretti good so far, still alot of tread conisdering i do alot of driving.

Edited by ZZR88

• 1 month later...
Very Very Nice also good choice of rims, But 1 thing thats stops me from going 20 inch is the such a low profile tyre you would feel and absorb every single little bump. I love my quiteness and comfort. been there done that with loud exhuast and low profile tyres hehehe

congrats mate

Azza

so what size are those rims Azza oh and what profile tyre? :whistling: