GB: TRD REAR SWAY BAR

levinboy

Ok guys i am following on from the WTB thread, and will organise this GB.

Item: TRD REAR SWAY BAR 23mm

Price: $250 :D (not including shipping from Sydney)

NEED TO KNOW ASAP IF YOU WANT IN AND ARE COMMITED TO PAYING SO I CAN FINALISE NUMBERS!!

Will be shipped via container to Sydney then i will work out a way of posting them out to other states, so should be here in Sydney in a months time.

Any questions PM me.

Nick

Edited by levinboy

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i went with whiteline front strut.

and i wanted to keep it all the same brand.....

ill think it over( anyone that can help with my choice please pm me or post here hehe)

whats the diff with them? is it just personal pref?

i have whiteline rear sway bar, ask any of the hondas at queensland raceway if they think my suspension is any good.

i also got springs, which help a lot more under brakes and keeping ***** down on the ground.

swaybar is for better turn in. i paid that for whiteline (250) so is good deal.

whitestivo

ill think it over( anyone that can help with my choice please pm me or post here hehe)

Personal preference really...but wouldnt you love to know that you have a genuine TRD part on your car?? :P

Up to you though mate if you want to stick with whiteline then stick with them, personally i would go for TRD...so i am :P

PMd TRD18S, dayve

Edited by levinboy

TRD one is slightly thicker.. 23mm vs 22mm

I am interested too...how much should i expect including shipping to melbourne...so that i know in advance.

1. TRD18S

2. dayve

3. thegourou20

There will be a few going down to melbourne, so probaly share the costs, ill try and find out for you as soon as i can

well count me in then. i live in sydney so pick up avaliable?

can anyone help install? hehe

Yea thats fine mate, group install in sydney i think!!!

All that are in PM so i can send you details

Alright guys the last day for this GB will be Friday this week the 13th, if you dont PM saying your in you wont get anything and it will be your loss, as this is a great price for it seeing as you pay over $500 at other places delivered from Japan.

If i dont have a PM from you i wont send you any details.

Nick

Hi guys, will it fit on a pre-facelift ascent? 2004 model.

also, just a stupid question, with the rear sway bar, does it reduce the bodyroll when cornering and improve handling?

any other benefits?

Cheers

Ray

Hi Mate,

not a stupid question at all... for some silly reason, the toyota boffins, when they added the uprated suspension in the Sportivo version of the corolla, also reduced the thickness of the swaybar. This is why we find so many people upgrading sway bars in their sportivo corollas. The TRD unit will fit perfectly in your ascent, but you may not notice the difference in handling as much as us sportivo drivers do.

by Increasing the thickness of the sway bay your reduce the body roll the car experiences. this enables flatter cornering and better turn in by reducing understeer. Definately will improve the handling.

Best BFYB mod you can get for any car in my opinion.

BKS.

Hi guys, will it fit on a pre-facelift ascent? 2004 model.

also, just a stupid question, with the rear sway bar, does it reduce the bodyroll when cornering and improve handling?

any other benefits?

Cheers

Ray

Hi Mate,

not a stupid question at all... for some silly reason, the toyota boffins, when they added the uprated suspension in the Sportivo version of the corolla, also reduced the thickness of the swaybar. This is why we find so many people upgrading sway bars in their sportivo corollas. The TRD unit will fit perfectly in your ascent, but you may not notice the difference in handling as much as us sportivo drivers do.

by Increasing the thickness of the sway bay your reduce the body roll the car experiences. this enables flatter cornering and better turn in by reducing understeer. Definately will improve the handling.

Best BFYB mod you can get for any car in my opinion.

BKS.

Hey BKS, thanks heaps!! :D :toast:

I think I will get one! how about the front & rear strut? will they help too?

Cheers

Ray

i run whiteline gear...

whiteline rear sway bar, and whiteline front strut/tower brace.

they are both great mods... and about as far as i will go with handling mods unless i decide to go for a set of coilovers later on down the track.

i dont think front sway bars are a good value mod, as you really need to uprate the rear to stop the front from squirming around. rear tower bars, i really dont know much about... apart from they look suhweeeet in your parcel shelf ;)

if you're keen on getting on the Group buy... i say go for it... great way to buy quality products at a discounted rate.

the whiteline stuff is MUCH cheap though!!! although theres some talk of the products now being made by Whitelines parent company, Selby Sway Bars... which means nothin... as they are the same quality.

get in contact with Bursons... and ask them to do you a deal on the parts... they'll hook you up. (myself and Jaderd got ours for $260 for the pair)