My '08 ZRE

shin0bi

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the forums, havn't posted much so i'd thoght I'd start properly with a proper introduction.

Below are a few snapshots of my ZRE rolla that the folks bought for me brand new a couple of months back. I havn't done much to it besides the wheels (17x7 Speedy Lite-5's)

My next additions are tints (from Tint-a-Car [midnight express]) and future mods/additions are probably lowering springs, possibily a kit and maybe CAI but we'll see how it goes.

Hope you guys like it as much as I do!

Any comments welcome!

Cheers.

post-11243-1234266443_thumb.jpg

post-11243-1234267026_thumb.jpg

post-11243-1234266630_thumb.jpg

UPDATE: some new visual mods...

post-11243-1268306258_thumb.jpg

this pic looks like its gone into terminator mode..

post-11243-1268306276_thumb.jpg

post-11243-1268306309_thumb.jpg

sorry, havn't updated in a while.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got my car done by solartint. high end tints for 300 bux (was on special)

here are before and after shots:

Before

el738k.jpg

After

qoad06.jpg

note: they are 35%

Very nice, looks good. Do you notice a difference in interior heat in comparison to no tints when parked for a while in the sun?

most definitely.

feels like closing the blinds on a sunny day. feels more comfortable and not as much light gets in anymore. if you want tints, pay the extra and get solartint to do it. i reckon they do a good job and offer a lifetime guarantee.

yeah i think it does. ill have a read of the paper they gave me for the guarantee and PM it to you. i cant at the moment because im not at home.

as you may have noticed. my car is completely stock except for the tints. i plan to lower and get a wheel and tyre package later on.

oh and hopefully a trc front lip rofl.

yeah i think it does. ill have a read of the paper they gave me for the guarantee and PM it to you. i cant at the moment because im not at home.

as you may have noticed. my car is completely stock except for the tints. i plan to lower and get a wheel and tyre package later on.

oh and hopefully a trc front lip rofl.

haha thanks man. i'll be definately getting tints, i just checked out solartints n theres one close to my area so i might go check it out

Yeah stock, same with mine but slowly but surely, one at a time and it'll eventually turn into a nice ride. What wheels u planing on getting? (colour, style)

The front lip is not bad but i rekon the zre's front is pretty agressive looking. however the rear lacks abit so i might enquire the dealer about side skirts, the rear lip and roof spoiler... probably cost $5000 LOLOLLOLOL GG

yeah man itll cost you heaps. i know that the side skirts will cost 700 bux unpainted and uninstalled.

im looking for some sort of deep dish rims like the kaotics from tempe preferably black. something similar to yours, but i havent got the money at the moment to do so.

im looking into HIDs at the moment though, looking for a good deal on GT HIDs.

deep dish sounds nice gotta show me once u get them better not be same as mine :P joke haha

wow $700 for skirts LOL fk $350 each, not too bad i guess if u think of it as $1 a day so 700 days it all pays off LOL hahaha

HIDs are they for lights or something? not to sure about them

Welcome mate! I was wondering how is the handling with 17x7 rims and stock suspension? because I'm after some new rims and keep the stock suspension and not too sure should I get 16" or 17", it is easier to get 17" but I dont wanna lower the car so may be 17" will make the car higher...

Welcome mate! your ride looks familiar I might have seen you on the roads.. :spiteful:

Vinh

Thanks man! haha i'm from the broady area so if u live around there i guess u might've but if not i also travel to burwood to work so u prolly seen me on the way

how much are your rims ?

they were $1300 including tyres, lock nuts, nitrogen inflation, balance, align... (got the whole package from bob jane t marts - i was quoted $1450 at other places for same rims and smaller tyres without nuts so i tihnk its a good deal)

the tyres aren't the best, some brand i never heard of but the guy told me they were performance type so i guess thats good, cos at first he offered me passenger maxxis tyres but then offered me those.

Welcome mate! I was wondering how is the handling with 17x7 rims and stock suspension? because I'm after some new rims and keep the stock suspension and not too sure should I get 16" or 17", it is easier to get 17" but I dont wanna lower the car so may be 17" will make the car higher...

Thanks man! about handling ? its bloody awesome LOL cos i got wider tyres 215/45's, when i turn it's less body roll and more grip, about road noise i hardly notice difference between stock n the rims since i pump music up and there is abit of clearance in the rear and less in the front. i guess if u want looks go for 18's or 17's cos if u dont lower it, makes the rims look small real small LOL

Welcome as Kev said nice to see another ZRE owner :D!!! too bad your in vic :(

Cheers mate, ahhaha vic owns

WELCOME to TOCAU :P cool black ZRE :D i wanted a black ZRE too but my parents didnt want it so i got red STILL GOOD :P but welcomes neways

Thanks =D. hahaha my parents wanted another color cos they sed its a bad color, but black or maroon were the only ones left at the dealer and yeah got black :D woo

lol black is a bad colour, you must be asian.

asian myself, i didnt have that problem, i chose whatever i liked but then after a while, i realised that i shouldve got a silver, much easier to take care of

lol black is a bad colour, you must be asian.

asian myself, i didnt have that problem, i chose whatever i liked but then after a while, i realised that i shouldve got a silver, much easier to take care of

yeah man im viet hahaha. yea gets dirty easy looks like a mess all the time

Hey congrats on the ZRE purchase. Talking about colours Graphite is prolly the worst to clean haha, it always looks clean from a distance but always dirty when close lol.

AUR15