just baught a house

robie

yes different to the normal topics you'll get out of me but any way

so me and my girlfriend of 4yrs are taking the plung and buying a house

ok so its not a big house has 3 bedrooms new kitchen and bath rooms

decent size block of land and its across the road from the imfamous lake illawarra located at oak flates nice area

but heres the best part the 1 thing that sold the house

4+ CAR GARAGE

ahhh brilliant mate......

im in the same boat....girlfriend of over 5 years, 6 month old house 3 bedroom alfresco not over the top though about to sign papers in next week or so

Exciting times...

Cheers

* fav part big new double car garage and electric door etc....and single roller door out to back yard and internal access to house from garage

Edited by jaderd

It's Oak Flats, my former home town. Apparently designed by Walter Burley Griffin, the same guy who designed Canberra. That also explains why the streets are named after former PM's e.g. Barton, Deakin & Wentworth...

So you're opposite the lake eh, I used to live on the lake side.

Oak Flats

Edited by Conquest

congrats!!!

sounds perfect!!!

so when we having a house warming bbq!!!! i love it down there!!

it's the perfect time to buy as well!!! we also bought a house about 4 months ago...interest rate at the time we bought this house was 9.25%.....as of last friday we are now on 5.04% that's gone down $1200 a month!!! awesome!!!! pretty good for a 5 bedroom 2 story house and it's only 6 years old!!! :D

take care!!! and let us when when the celebrations start!!

from mish :D

Wooohoooo....contracts are finally being signed..i can get the copies tomorrow arvo and to my solicitor by monday, back to vendor monday night and should get unconditionally approved within the week......yeah the interest rates are awesome at the moment.....i think we start on 5.17 % or something nice n low. gunna run ours with offset account....does anyone have this setup currently....how do they find it works.

apparently its only good if you pay credit card off every month which should be np as im fair anal with managing my cash ;)

Our aim is to do this

me and partner both put X amount into offset account each fortnight (fortnightly payments / half monthly) each month we will pay 40% more than need to so build up a pool of cash in offset. eg min repayments 1800 month we will aim to pay $3000

we will use joint credit card for all purchases like fuel, food, house / joint stuff etc and pay that off monthly.......other personal stuff we just use our own cash to buy etc.....should work out well.....

Oh to have a house with 4 garages again...

"Sportivo central" as the Brissy boys affectionally named it had 4 car accomodation. The house I bought only has a shed with room enough to put the Kombi in and that's it. Everything else parks in the driveway exposed to the elements...

Must save for big carport.......

I am also paying off waaaay more than what the bank wants on my house. Like about 1K a month which is good cause if you ever have a real tight month and need a bit extra I have the ability to draw back on the extra i am paying. Only had to do it twice in 2 years and only for a few hundred each time. Happy Days!!

Congratulations Guys.

I am currently in the same boat as well...i bought a house and land package! The land will be ready sometime in June-August and hopefully will move in by the end of this year. I cannot wait since i am sick of sharing accomodation and also I dont have space for tools and actually play with the car. :D I am so happy and cannot wait for it to happen. :)

What type of loan you got Simon? Mine is the 3-year sthg from CBA. :) Since I am single, I went for that option because i get really low interest rates and once I start earning more I will move to the offset account. It is good though because I have unlimited repayments with the one i currently have.

Yayyyyyy ^_^

nice...yeah im already out greensborough way at the moment so its only about 10 mins further to drive for work.....couldnt justify spending the same amount of cash on a 20 year old brick veneer in greensy.....doreen same cash gets brand new and many facilities like schools and shopping centres /safeway are out there/ being built currently + i love the country side of things too ....the estate has been built retaining many big gum trees etc...the block of land next to us cannot build right next door on there land as afew gum trees are there and cant build with 20m of the or something so thats nice

offsets accounts are brilliant if you have cash in there to offset.

the credit card idea sounds positive, but in my experience (bough first house 2005), you are better cutting those cards up and paying for things with cash/eftpos for a while to get you ahead.

whitestivo

ahhh brilliant mate......

im in the same boat....girlfriend of over 5 years, 6 month old house 3 bedroom alfresco not over the top though about to sign papers in next week or so

Exciting times...

Cheers

* fav part big new double car garage and electric door etc....and single roller door out to back yard and internal access to house from garage

congates mate

pretty scary though goin from alost no debt to over 300000 like that

at the moment we're shopin around for furniture fridge and other kitchen stuff

I got my fridge from Bing Lee Warilla, they'll genuinely beat any price dude..... Domayne pi55ed and moaned about the price I wanted, then Bing Lee happily beat it by $50

we just went to lifestyle furniture in nunawadding......got a nice "diamond creek" brand coffee table...hardwood which we are using as entertainment unit as its got a shelf etc...and got 4 bar stools with fabric padding seatop etc...got two in chocolate and two in cream.....sweet deal got coffee table almost half price at 275 and 80 each for bar stools.....about $600 all up....so only extra thing we need when move in is the TV for it got HD and surround sound but still using my old 51cm TV :)

• 5 weeks later...

so most of the shoping is done and final inspection is on sunday april 5th for setlement on monday the 6th and the only thing we dont have yet is a bloody fridge as we only have about 1700mm hieght and all new fidges are over 1750 so yeah fun times

on the good side though a found a 11.2 (1x 6.1 and 1x 5.1 but i wanted 7.1 as the receiver i have is a 7.1 amp but they wouldnt break up a package ) surround sound speaker package by DB dynamics retail $2000 for under $500

good work mate........we have all the things we need bar a new TV....although we are going to wait on that as we would rather spend the cash on decking etc...have bought afew things for the garage including a nice Dewilt work bench, 1500X840X920, really good only 79$ worth around 350 brand new.....on ebay from a storage place

Don't worry about the high initial debt, just keep paying off as much as you can and cut down on unnecessary expenses.

I did and my first home is fully paid off, now I'm onto the second one. Driving a corolla help me save the $$$.