Clutch Fitting

I don't know how many people you'll find who have the equipment + spare time who will do this for a little bit of cash and a carton, there's quite a bit of labour involved. Make friends with your local mechanic, IMO.

Mate,

I didn't say a little bit of cash.... well i've thought about giving it a crack myself...but we'll see

I got quoted $650 for a exedy HD clutch supplied and fitted. Just ring around and I'm sure you can find a good deal.

Where abouts in sydney? i got a good price for the clutch but everyone is charging like 600-700 for labour alone..

hmmm thats a wicked price i wonder dont you have to drop the subframe to do the clutch on these though?

i spose it all depends on that and if it can be changed without totally removing the box i did a camry yesterday i just pushed the box to the side

did you want the flywheel off cause i rekon i could do it if you just wanted an out and in clutch swap provided the flywheel stays bolted to the motor.

have you got a clutch to put in?

one day ill have to do a clutch, and when i do im glad i got a hoist at work, just take a RDO, drive mi car in, drop the box and in goes the new one..

hard to do it in the driveway, best if u can stand under the car, get the torque corrects and so forth..

Suprathai $650 sounds ridiculously cheap to supply and fit a clutch. If you got a written quote take that offer up!! RRP on exceedy H/D is about $680 depending on where you shop. I can get them for about $550. Standard replacement clutch kits are $585. So for $650 fitted someone ain't making a hell of a lot of money!!

You must machine the flywheel when you fit a new clutch or risk having clutch shudder for the rest of it's life.

Ring up places that do clutches, don't go to your local mechanic. Unless your really friendly with your local mech, he will charge you close to the grand.

I called up a local place near my work, its at South Windsor, think its called hi-tech clutch and brakes. The wanted $550 for a standard clutch supplied and fitted and a Exedy HD ended up being only $100 more. He said it only takes about 3-4 hours.

Wohoo!! I am over the thousand now, dunno if I should be sad or happy. lol

Should get the 2zzge flywheel that YDOIT4 is selling. New clutch and flywheel for 1K fitted WOOT!

I got quoted $650 for a exedy HD clutch supplied and fitted. Just ring around and I'm sure you can find a good deal.

Where abouts in sydney? i got a good price for the clutch but everyone is charging like 600-700 for labour alone..

hmmm thats a wicked price i wonder dont you have to drop the subframe to do the clutch on these though?

i spose it all depends on that and if it can be changed without totally removing the box i did a camry yesterday i just pushed the box to the side

did you want the flywheel off cause i rekon i could do it if you just wanted an out and in clutch swap provided the flywheel stays bolted to the motor.

Nahh just doing a straight swap...don't think i need to machine the flywheel or anything..

If they can do it under 3 hours, they are doing pretty dam well. its not that hard, just annoying to do. Hardest part is getting the rear mount out. Jason is right, you dont need to remove the cross member, but it helps if you loosen the bolts and drop it down a tad, makes it heaps easier.

Ring up places that do clutches, don't go to your local mechanic. Unless your really friendly with your local mech, he will charge you close to the grand.

I called up a local place near my work, its at South Windsor, think its called hi-tech clutch and brakes. The wanted $550 for a standard clutch supplied and fitted and a Exedy HD ended up being only $100 more. He said it only takes about 3-4 hours.

Wohoo!! I am over the thousand now, dunno if I should be sad or happy. lol

Should get the 2zzge flywheel that YDOIT4 is selling. New clutch and flywheel for 1K fitted WOOT!

As the other guys said, thats a good price...i'll take note about the flywheel...i'll make sure to get that machined...

I rang around places and i got quoted $220 for a HD Exedy clutch kit...good price eyy....

I'll get the clutch done my a mechanic...i guess i'll hunt around and see who gives a good price...

If they can do it under 3 hours, they are doing pretty dam well. its not that hard, just annoying to do. Hardest part is getting the rear mount out. Jason is right, you dont need to remove the cross member, but it helps if you loosen the bolts and drop it down a tad, makes it heaps easier.

under 3 hours is doing pretty well :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: the boys got me sorted in about 1.5 - 2 hrs last clutch change ..... then again they have done several of my clutches so they have it down to a T

Nahh just doing a straight swap...don't think i need to machine the flywheel or anything..

You do, or the clutch will never bed in properly.

yeah i realised about 5 seconds after i posted that they dont need to have the subframe removed just cant be bothered editing.

and i would get the flywheel machined if you can help it youd be better off also might be a good opertunity to rectify the stivo's cronic lack of an lsd