Start Button

cypher

anyone seen or installed one on the Stivo ?

I've done it on my T-Sport, which is damn close to the Stivo :whistling:

It's a pretty simple job, really, takes about an hour all in all depending on how my work you have to do in order to fit the button :)

anyone seen or installed one on the Stivo ?

I've done it on my T-Sport, which is damn close to the Stivo :whistling:

It's a pretty simple job, really, takes about an hour all in all depending on how my work you have to do in order to fit the button :)

Yes, Odd did quite a nice job on his start button too. It looks like it came that way. I think he used an S2000 start button too.

Gav.

Scroll halfway done on the page I've linked to underneath and you'll see some pictures of my install. I think I have some more as swell that I didn not put up.

http://www.corollatsport.se/phpBB3/viewtop...=a&start=75

I used a Honda S2000 start button. Set me back about £65 inc. shipping (mind you..that was from England to Norway). Installation does not really require any special skills. You gotta take apart the center console and the covers underneath the steering wheel. Then butcher the ignition cable (hehe), do some easy wiring (instructions comes with the button) and some plastic work where you will be putting the button. Before you know it it's installed :)

Hey supra you should do a write up !!

Maybe I will... :whistling:

What did u do with the parts for your lighter ?

It's in a box somewhere in my garage...hehe It will never go back in the same whole unless I buy a new plastic cover. The button I used had a larger diameter so there were power tools involved :clap:

First linky should work just fine.

Second one would also work, but you'd probably see the wire when it crosses over from the gearknob to the stock gaiter. Minor issue, though.

Is the starter for the corolla 12v ?

What do you mean? The ignition signal is 12V. The starter runs off the 12V battery. Does that cover it? :)

with these you still need to put the key in and turn it all the way (just not start position) yeah ? almost seems like more effort having the start button....love the look of them though just be nice if could get it to work more like factory fitted starter buttons....i think new xr5 the key just needs to be within a distance of the car etc...can leave it in pocket...boss's beamer you have to stick the whole thing in the dash before you can press the button

with these you still need to put the key in and turn it all the way (just not start position) yeah ? almost seems like more effort having the start button....love the look of them though just be nice if could get it to work more like factory fitted starter buttons....

True..you need to turn on the ignition with the carkey. I haven't looked into bypassing the immobilizer, which obviously would be the ulitmate solution. Would be cool to either have keyless ignition, or rally-style flipswitch and then just hit the startbutton :g: Don't think my insurance company would be too thrilled about a fliswiptch solution on the ignition though...hehe

supra i just looked at your thread... id be interested to find out where you bought those gas lifters for your hood.

jase

Off topic, but oh well.. ;)

They were bought locally, but are now off the car. Check the thread or my site in a couple of weeks time. I am replacing the ones depicted with Redline Tuning lifters which appear to be of much better quality and more importantly, better design! I already got them, just have to find some time to hit the workshop...

Edited by supra25

with these you still need to put the key in and turn it all the way (just not start position) yeah ? almost seems like more effort having the start button....love the look of them though just be nice if could get it to work more like factory fitted starter buttons....i think new xr5 the key just needs to be within a distance of the car etc...can leave it in pocket...boss's beamer you have to stick the whole thing in the dash before you can press the button

There were some new car models built this way but didn't pass the freaking ADR which is why they still require u to stick something in.

Deprived politicians i must say. Trying to make their existance worth while and valid .....

<_<

i think Guni has his to the right of steering wheel where there is the single coin holder and a blank button space

Hey Guni was fitting difficult ? ive never cut car plastic before - wat wld i need ?

There were some new car models built this way but didn't pass the freaking ADR which is why they still require u to stick something in.

Deprived politicians i must say. Trying to make their existance worth while and valid .....

<_<

ZR6 Aurion doesnt require to take the key out of your pocket to unlock or start the car.

Im sure other models are like this as well but i would rather not think about what other cars have over what mine doesnt!

• 4 weeks later...