National Meet - QLD Who is going

Hey guys can you make a post in here if your coming to the national meet and if your going to drive, fly, walk etc to Melb.

Details can be found here, http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=301622

At this stage I'll be driving down looking to leave on Thursday, stay overnight in Syd then on to Melb on Friday.

Dates are June 4th (thurs) through to June 8th (Mon)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

june 6-8 - queens brithday long weekend

i no im thinking the same i really want to go but its so far....4 days of solid driving round trip....wow

You will have more fun then you can imagine.

im not sure of what would be the better option, to drive or to fly...

if i fly down, will there be opportunities to get a lift? or maybe even a hire car :P EDIT: im not even eligible for a hire car, so i may need a lift if i do go.

We'll see

Evo

Edited by Evo7

if i fly down, will there be opportunities to get a lift? or maybe even a hire car :P

We'll see

Evo

My front seat is already take by TRDSAADS i think is his forum name.....but i will have a spare seat or two..im pretty sure the melbourne blokes wont mind having ppl in their cars....basically im writing the weekend off as TOCAU weekend....afew tanks of fuel...good food and meet some new ppl.......the way i see it i might just be at a certain spot in melb Sat and Sun morning at a certain time where afew ppl can stroll form their accomo and hitch a ride.....its more of a social gathering and big cruise than a spirited fast drive with a small group so a full car isnt really an issue at all... at least it will sit nice and low......(full car = 4 ppl max including driver.....otherwise its just too close for comfort i think...especially if ppl dont know each other lol...)

if i fly down, will there be opportunities to get a lift? or maybe even a hire car :P

We'll see

Evo

My front seat is already take by TRDSAADS i think is his forum name.....but i will have a spare seat or two..im pretty sure the melbourne blokes wont mind having ppl in their cars....basically im writing the weekend off as TOCAU weekend....afew tanks of fuel...good food and meet some new ppl.......the way i see it i might just be at a certain spot in melb Sat and Sun morning at a certain time where afew ppl can stroll form their accomo and hitch a ride.....its more of a social gathering and big cruise than a spirited fast drive with a small group so a full car isnt really an issue at all... at least it will sit nice and low......(full car = 4 ppl max including driver.....otherwise its just too close for comfort i think...especially if ppl dont know each other lol...)

Ok, sweet, since you are offering :P

could you savee a seat in your car then Jaderd? pleeeeeease :lol:

are you willing to take a young fella :P

If i talk to my brother about it, i may have accomodation... its only just been announced, but now is the best time to start planning :D

Evo

Edited by Evo7

how much is it to that? im tossing up between filling my car up with brissy boys and getting them to chip in a little for fuel or jumpin in someone elses car for the fun down....but noones really piped up yet

I'm arranging for my car to be sent down by truck.

It's about a grand in total to and from Melbourne, and each way takes about 7 days.

I'm happy to drive people once I pickup my car from Melbourne. I have space for 3.

how p|ssed would u be if you car doesnt make it in time for the day tho.... :unsure:

can i book a spot with u for the mean time then? and ill just fly down....thats if i cant jump in with somone down or get a few ppl in mine

cheers

how much is it to that? im tossing up between filling my car up with brissy boys and getting them to chip in a little for fuel or jumpin in someone elses car for the fun down....but noones really piped up yet
I'm arranging for my car to be sent down by truck.

id dot the fill up with brissie boys........it will be around 1800km each way give or take so 4200km including cruise around melb maybe

so that would be 8 tanks of juice at 500km per tank........so thats maybe 80$ per tank ..........so $700 worth of fuel approx.....split that between 4 ppl it aint a great deal ....200$ each would include a **** load of junk food to eat on the way.....then factor in some more for beer..........and ofcourse atleast 10 for a vacuum once in melb to get rid of the filth from the drive lol

We should all try to stay near/around each other so that we can call strippers in, get drunk, etc....

Rowan no problem I've reserved a seat for you. I'm sending the car off nice and early to make sure it is there when I get there!! As much as I am enticed by the prospect of a road trip, I don't want to have to do 2 days of driving which will make me completely buggered for work on Tuesday.

I'm taking Thurs and Fri off that week, so I can fly down Thursday morning and that will give me quite a bit of time to sightsee before that. And then fly back on Monday in time for work on Tuesday.

Edited by Supercharged TRD

tick tock tick tock, me thinking how I'm going to manage to get myself to this

TRD Aurion, I request a seat please. I'll fly down, but I'm supposed to be in adelaide that weekend

tick tock tick

whitestivo

my car is pretty much full for now.....ive got TRDSADS and EVO7.....and then a spare seat for gf incase she decides to attend ne days....so that makes 4.....pretty sure she wont come to anything...well maybe one thing lol...but yeah dont want to over commit available seats......

looking forward to it guys

Edited by jaderd

elgin, where are u staying or have u not booked yet? i might as well stay close or were u are if im in ur car lol

phil, book in with some of the brissy people......aka me so i dont have to pay for the whole thing myself lol unless the missis will be tripping with ya

Edited by ELEGNT

Rowan I haven't booked accomodation yet. What is your budget?

Flights are about $200 return via Qantas. I plan to fly in Thurs morning and fly out late Monday morning. Do you want to fly together too?

My wife MAY be coming too, so with Rowan and Phil I have 1 seat left. However the middle seat is not the most comfy, if possible I try to take 4 instead of 5.

Edited by Supercharged TRD

Just my addition... I will be going to the National Meet 2009 in Melbourne, and I WILL be driving. As of now, it's only me in the car so I'd be glad to carry some extras (preferably a maximum of 3 more). Would also help to keep me awake for a bit. I primarily plan to drive it in one go (with the exception of meal stops etc) as I have driven Cairns to Brisbane non-stop in the past and have no issues there. If you need a lift, just let me know... so long as you are willing to nap in the car or something if you can't keep awake.

My car travels up to about 800km per tank on highway driving, so that can help factor costs (though that is with just me in the car).

i was planning on flying late thurs and coming home monday morning, but i might be able to come early thursday. i will get back to you in the next few days cos that thursday i have exams during the day so ill be certain by friday

thanks mate!

my car is pretty much full for now.....ive got TRDSADS and EVO7.....and then a spare seat for gf incase she decides to attend ne days....so that makes 4.....pretty sure she wont come to anything...well maybe one thing lol...but yeah dont want to over commit available seats......

looking forward to it guys

Jaderd, i have PM'ed you, i have got a seat in Guni's car, i asked and its all good :D so you now have 1 spare :P

i will check tonight whether i'll get accomodation at my brother's place, he lives in Ascotvale.

Is that far away from the meeting point?

Evo

daryl, will you be going with corey? or by yourself cos he is stopping in sydney for the night

Sorry, I've been so busy with work here that I haven't had the opportunity to catch up on what is going on. I wasn't aware of Corey driving down as well. I am good with a non-stop drive, but if others are doing it, I wouldn't mind travelling at the same pace if that is what others are willing to do.

I'd say at this point I will be a co driver with Mr North. Only thing that may stop me will be a change of employment. In that case I will fly down and be in need of a lift from the airport.

Accomodation guys i would suggest that we all stay at the same place. Logistically a lot easier for the Melbourne crew to organsie a meet point and for someone to come and meet us and follow to events.

That is how we have done it at the previous nat meets and worked a treat.