National Meet - QLD Who is going

I would NOT recomend a non stop drive on the way down, the guys have a big weekend planed and i think it would be good if we could arrive semi awake. I will by no means be driving like a granny, While on the road we will be going as fast as we can (within the speed limits of course)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kool. If I was going on my own, I would go the non-stop route, but that's just me. Keep me posted with the plans of what's happening and I will be glad to travel in a (small) group if you guys are fine.

313, I'll come down Friday morning with you, that is best option for me. same flights the lot, that way can stick together. let me know pls

i'm happy to share accommodation with sb, 313, corey, keep the costs down. we could all pile into a queen bed, me being the only one with lift, maybe i'll sleep on the floor.

i'm still in negotiations with the missus, she won't be coming, as has a wedding in melbourne in may, so not keen to come down again

and yes difficult negotiation explaining why i'm not going to the wedding, but going to this meet.

nearly there,

whitestivo

313, I'll come down Friday morning with you, that is best option for me. same flights the lot, that way can stick together. let me know pls

i'm happy to share accommodation with sb, 313, corey, keep the costs down. we could all pile into a queen bed, me being the only one with lift, maybe i'll sleep on the floor.

i'm still in negotiations with the missus, she won't be coming, as has a wedding in melbourne in may, so not keen to come down again

and yes difficult negotiation explaining why i'm not going to the wedding, but going to this meet.

nearly there,

whitestivo

hahah i had the same argument with mine about the easter tresure hunt cruise. its her birthday and im going driving with the boys...wasnt impressed

friday morning should be good for me otherwise im missing my exams...but what time does everything start on friday?? and if its me and you both going with elgin that would be pretty conveinient us both coming down at the same time. im cool with whatever accommodation too

F1 is prolly the cheapest accomodation we'll get. Rooms sleep 3 I think but when we went to Sydney Azza rolled out the swag on the floor.

If you share a room with bring ear plugs just in case I decide to snore like a bastad :toast:

Be good if all the Brissy peeps hang at the same accomodation. Much more fun that way. And it was heaps of fun when we went to Sydney :yahoo:

I'm in

I'll fly down Friday morning with 313, and crash somewhere with all the brisbane ppl. I could also fly down Friday night as I'm just not sure what is planned for Friday, and I have heaps on at work, so 313, don't stress about exams, can go down friday arvo. Depends flights.

I will be flying to adelaide on the Monday afternoon to join my wife for a visit to the wineries of Adelaide for the week. That will keep her happy

So I'm wrapped, I'm coming.

Whitestivo

I'm in

I'll fly down Friday morning with 313, and crash somewhere with all the brisbane ppl. I could also fly down Friday night as I'm just not sure what is planned for Friday, and I have heaps on at work, so 313, don't stress about exams, can go down friday arvo. Depends flights.

I will be flying to adelaide on the Monday afternoon to join my wife for a visit to the wineries of Adelaide for the week. That will keep her happy

Whitestivo

my exams finish on thursday im pretty sure so its not that im worried about, its that i dont have a job to pay for this anymore, ive been searching for part time employment wile im studying so i should know defenetly in the next few weeks to confirm that im 100% going but it should be alright

dont the events start on friday tho?

Edited by ELEGNT

I'm in

Whitestivo

my exams finish on thursday im pretty sure so its not that im worried about, its that i dont have a job to pay for this anymore, ive been searching for part time employment wile im studying so i should know defenetly in the next few weeks to confirm that im 100% going but it should be alright

dont the events start on friday tho?

No... events begin on the Sat. Friday i would expect everyone to be still on the road, or recovering from the trip... but more than happy to organise a few beers somewhere for everyone in a central CBD location if you'd like?

Once people start confirming their accommodation, we can discuss Friday nights debauchery.

I'm in

Whitestivo

good work mate....you must have awesome negotiation skills.....ever though of working as a hostage negotiator ;).....i informed gf (partner/defacto whatever ppl want to say) last night that i am a write off that weekend and dont expect to see me from friday evening (incase we all do a pre catchup or something) until sunday night....all good....she may come along to an event or two......

* on that note i heard something yesterday on am 693...bit off topic but apparently as of march 1st any couple who have been living in a defacto relationship for 2 or more years are classified as legally married, now i couldnt find any more info on internet and im not sure whether its just specific to certain areas i.e. legalities around breaking up and house settlements etc?...crazy i thought

I'm in

Whitestivo

good work mate....you must have awesome negotiation skills.....ever though of working as a hostage negotiator ;).....i informed gf (partner/defacto whatever ppl want to say) last night that i am a write off that weekend and dont expect to see me from friday evening (incase we all do a pre catchup or something) until sunday night....all good....she may come along to an event or two......

* on that note i heard something yesterday on am 693...bit off topic but apparently as of march 1st any couple who have been living in a defacto relationship for 2 or more years are classified as legally married, now i couldnt find any more info on internet and im not sure whether its just specific to certain areas i.e. legalities around breaking up and house settlements etc?...crazy i thought

Simon, 1 word, you're scr3wr3d!

You can't get out without her taking half the dog, half ur car and half your ...........................

but on a serious note, a defacto relationship is a recognised status and she will have the right of a married partner after living together for 2 years or more.

im not too fussed.....ill be popping the questions within the year..........as im pretty sure if i dont she will walk lol........6 years is long enough

Back on topic

NATIONAL MEET WOOhoo :toast: :toast:

Edited by jaderd

Then I will come down Friday afternoon. Keep Friday night open ppl, a trip out to Brighton would be excellent, but hey, I'm sure you all know better spots than that. Some food and drink would be brilliant. Monday is free as well, so who's keen for a surf? Any surfers on this forum down there? I'll bring the wetsuit.

oh yeah and a daily visit to acland st for coffee and some of those tasty treats is in order.

I've stopped watching Underbelly as I was getting scared of coming to melbourne.

whitestivo

Edited by whitestivo

Then I will come down Friday afternoon. Keep Friday night open ppl, a trip out to Brighton would be excellent, but hey, I'm sure you all know better spots than that. Some food and drink would be brilliant. Monday is free as well, so who's keen for a surf? Any surfers on this forum down there? I'll bring the wetsuit.

oh yeah and a daily visit to acland st for coffee and some of those tasty treats is in order.

I've stopped watching Underbelly as I was getting scared of coming to melbourne.

whitestivo

just so you know... Melbourne is on a Bay.. to get to a decent surf break you need to drive for at least 45 mins.

Brighton's nice... but yeah there are heaps of spots that are closer to town, that are a gazillion times more fun.

pending the weather i was thinking of going to Section8, aka Container bar. good spot in the middle of town on Tattersalls Lane. so there... or maybe Workshop, Cnr A'Beckett and Elizabeth St's.

many many good spots to go.

whitestivo

just so you know... Melbourne is on a Bay.. to get to a decent surf break you need to drive for at least 45 mins.

Brighton's nice... but yeah there are heaps of spots that are closer to town, that are a gazillion times more fun.

pending the weather i was thinking of going to Section8, aka Container bar. good spot in the middle of town on Tattersalls Lane. so there... or maybe Workshop, Cnr A'Beckett and Elizabeth St's.

many many good spots to go.

section8 sounds the goods....especially when its 7.645m from where we can smach down copious amounts of dumplings.......Shanghai Camy Dumpling *drool*

So, we've got Phil and Rowan flying down Friday morning/night and Brenndan, Corey and Daryl driving... Is that right?

I'm really keen to come. But I just wanna make sure ROL14's 100% right for the trip, which I should know in a couple more weeks or so. I just wanna see how she goes. Or, if it gets too late and you folks are booking flights then I might just fly. I'm assuming you haven't booked flights yet?

The boys driving: When will you leave? Corey would you stop over in Sydney on Friday night?

I've not done a trip like this before so not really sure what's best as far as driving whole way/stopping over/flying/bumming a lift...

So, we've got Phil and Rowan flying down Friday morning/night and Brenndan, Corey and Daryl driving... Is that right?

I'm really keen to come. But I just wanna make sure ROL14's 100% right for the trip, which I should know in a couple more weeks or so. I just wanna see how she goes. Or, if it gets too late and you folks are booking flights then I might just fly. I'm assuming you haven't booked flights yet?

The boys driving: When will you leave? Corey would you stop over in Sydney on Friday night?

I've not done a trip like this before so not really sure what's best as far as driving whole way/stopping over/flying/bumming a lift...

dont forget me, i will be flying down :lol::yahoo: :D

Evo

We will be driving to Syd thursday and Melb on friday.

i really wanna come, but i just dont know what i'm doing 2wks from now... let alone 3mths from now...

if i decide to come, i'm still in australia, and i still have a car, then i'll let everyone know closer to the date...

if those three apply, i'll be driving down...

Well last night the general consensus was that we all try and stay in the same place to make things easier and quicker for travel to events.

Evo7, Phil and Elgin are flying down.

Northy, myself, DJkor are definates for driving.

Superdave are you flying or driving with us? JC, Azza,chicaboo, secaboy are all possibles at this stage. Anybody I have missed??

Any other Qld'ers who are going we are thinking of heading down in a group/convoy to make things a bit more fun. At the most there will prolly only be 5 odd cars max so it won't be hard to stay together. We'll all have 2 ways as well.

Trip plans are to leave Thursday morning and arrive in Sydney Thursday night after peak hour has finished.Stay in Sydney overnight then drive to Melbourne friday to get there at a reasonable hour Friday night. At this stage Xoom will also possibly join us for the Sydney to Melbourne leg of the trip.

So if you want to join us for 2 two days of driving craziness and fun then speak up!! When we went to Sydney in 07 us Qld'ers had a hell of lot of fun on the trip down and back which made time pass pretty quickly!!

I was going to fly down. What times does everyone else plan on flying?

Any spare seats when I get there? Or will I just whore myself around cars :P

Other option is the people flying down could all chip in towards a rental.

I'll be booking flights this weekend and letting everyone know my times etc.

What's the difference between avalon and melbourne airports>?

And I'll find somewhere in St Kilda to stay and post ASAP. I defintely wish to stay with the group, but I can handle a room with 4 or 5 people, but no way a dorm.

Surely I won't need to rent a car with 15 odd cars, I'm going to down to see some other sportivos

I'd drive down but I can't pull the leave on Thursday, even Friday it looks, so I may fly down early saturday morning, as daylight saving won't apply then. I haven't decided.

So lock me in as coming from Queensland

whitestivo