• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened here?

this thread just died for no reason...

anyways,

i will be booking my flights tomorrow night,

cause i have been watching the prices, and they just keep going up... :o

So if you are going to be flying, i suggest book as soon as you can.

Evo

What happened here?

anyways,

Evo

Give us a bell via PM with the flight you end up going with. I assume you're doing the flight down Thursday night after work, fly home Sunday night?

What happened here?

anyways,

Evo

Give us a bell via PM with the flight you end up going with. I assume you're doing the flight down Thursday night after work, fly home Sunday night?

Actually, i will be taking the Thursday off, and the Monday is a public holiday, i have yet to decide who i will fly with, i was leaning towards VirginBlue, but as it seems, Jetstar is slightly cheaper :o

Evo

Doesn't bother me who I fly with, I can accrue points with either.

I wasn't paying attention and just thought it was the Friday off and not the Monday :P Oh well, that just means shift the days I mentioned along one.

I just figured if we can get most people to turn up and leave at the same time it would be less bother for our brethren in the Melbourne chapter.

Confirmed, flights are booked :D

Flight JQ 435 from Gold Coast to Melbourne on Thursday 4th June

Return JQ 448 from Melbourne - Tullamarine on Monday 8th June

Can't wait :yahoo:

Evo

• 1 month later...

OK so lets get a roll call of who is getting to Melbourne how and when. Also add times in if you are flying.

1. Silvabullit - Flying. Arrive Friday 9.25pm Depart Monday 2.05pm

2. Whitestivo- Flying. Arrive Friday 6.25pm, Depart Tuesday

3. SuperDave - Flying. Arrive Friday 21:55, Depart Monday 14:45

2. Whitestivo- Flying. Arrive Friday 6.25pm, Depart Tuesday

3. SuperDave - Flying. Arrive Friday 21:55, Depart Monday 14:45

4. DJKOR/mick.wheelz - Driving. Arrive Friday 3.00pm, Depart Monday sometime.

So is there only 1 car coming from QLD? DJKOR/mick.wheelz, you'd do well to get in contact with Big Pete, he's offering overnight accomodation in Sydney.

And does that mean only 3 cars are doing the Sydney -> Melbourne leg??? :blink:

So is there only 1 car coming from QLD? DJKOR/mick.wheelz, you'd do well to get in contact with Big Pete, he's offering overnight accomodation in Sydney.

i think we are pullin an all night/dayer.

i think we are pullin an all night/dayer.

Yup. No time for detours. Just taking the most direct route and getting there ASAP. I spoke to Mish though and she mentioned to me the same details.

Hmmm, not many cars doing the drive it looks like.

So you are leaving Brissy on Thursday arvo? In that case make sure you get in contact with us when you pass through Sydney so we can cruise down together on Friday morning.

And watch yourselves, our convoy had an asleep-behind-the-wheel issue last year, luckily it didn't end in an accident.

So you are leaving Brissy on Thursday arvo? In that case make sure you get in contact with us when you pass through Sydney so we can cruise down together on Friday morning.

And watch yourselves, our convoy had an asleep-behind-the-wheel issue last year, luckily it didn't end in an accident.

We are leaving Brisbane around 6pm on Thursday. By the route I am taking, we will be passing nowhere near Sydney. Will be taking a more direct route to save on travel time/fuel.

All good. I'm used to doing a Brisbane-Cairns run and this time I have some company to keep an eye on me.

DJKOR, can I get you to take 1 of the harnesses down for me? I can't imagine the security scanners at the airport thinking of anything other than a bomb when they scan a ECU and a huge bunch of wires :lol:

DJKOR, can I get you to take 1 of the harnesses down for me? I can't imagine the security scanners at the airport thinking of anything other than a bomb when they scan a ECU and a huge bunch of wires :lol:

Yeah, I can take it down for you if you would like.

On a side note, LOL, for work I carry all kinda of things on the plane. One time I had my laptop bag filled with like 400 compression f-connectors. We made a bet that I would be swab checked... I certainly did. Then another time the bag had 3 standard ATX power supplies... well you could imagine what that would look like on the x-ray.

Yeah, I can take it down for you if you would like.

On a side note, LOL, for work I carry all kinda of things on the plane. One time I had my laptop bag filled with like 400 compression f-connectors. We made a bet that I would be swab checked... I certainly did. Then another time the bag had 3 standard ATX power supplies... well you could imagine what that would look like on the x-ray.

Was that check-in or carry on? They probably just sent the dogs to it to check.

I got done for tryng to save time as I got to the airport late one morning while going to site. Just had everything carry on, including the first aid kit...which contains a set of tiny scissors. So then security had to quickly run it out to the plane to go in the hold :lol:

Was that check-in or carry on? They probably just sent the dogs to it to check.

I got done for tryng to save time as I got to the airport late one morning while going to site. Just had everything carry on, including the first aid kit...which contains a set of tiny scissors. So then security had to quickly run it out to the plane to go in the hold :lol:

All carry on. They were satisfied with doing the swab check though. Just funny watching the x-ray cause they took a good minute to analyse it all. Stupid security concerns. I've lost so many mini screwdrivers that I keep forgetting are in that laptop bag of mine.

But yeah, I'll pick it up from you whenever you want. Closer to the date.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Boys... just got back from Melb for the weekend, and although it was 5-16 may sound cold but its not that bad. Just have a good jacket/coat and your set. Have fun!

About to head off to the airport guys, i will see you all down there :D

and i can't wait to meet you all in person :P

Evo