National Meet - NSW, Who is going

Hey guys can you make a post in here if your coming to the national meet and if your going to drive, fly, walk etc to Melb.

Details can be found here, http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=301622

Ill let you guys make your own plans for the trip down, Us QLD lads will be going from Syd to Melb on the friday.

I might be able to make it. Depends on Exam Timetable. Will be driving, might already have full car, so sorry guys. Accomodation plans? Rent Holiday House, or F1?

nowhere for Act to post? Thats not very nice. Anyway, i can't go. Bega valley rally that weekend, best rally in australia by far. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

In

Walking Driving, leaving Friday morning, driving home Monday morning. Checking out Rydges deals with the Mishark clan at the moment.

When are you leaving Sydney on Friday Northy? Might meet you somewhere on the Hume if feasible....

In

Walking Driving, leaving Friday morning, driving home Monday morning. Checking out Rydges deals with the Mishark clan at the moment.

When are you leaving Sydney on Friday Northy? Might meet you somewhere on the Hume if feasible....

yep we def. in!!!

we cheating though........flights leave sydney friday 5th june 7am, we fly home tuesday arvo june 9.

staying at the rydges @ brighton beach

gonna make an official thread this week with the dates and a rough draft of what events will be held and when and where.......

but the dates are definate.........officially will start saturday june 6 and sunday june 7 as most ppl will need to get home by the monday.

come on everyone wheres the spirit!!!

Where are everyone thinking of staying??

rydges have an awesome deal this week only that $95 per room per night...........if not theres a few f1's around melb......keeping it at a budget gives us more money to spend on fuel for cruising and eating out hehehehe

In

Friday morning at this stage. Im sure we can sort somthing out.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm in

I'm guessing the QLD group will stay at the F1 they stayed in for the annual meet in Sydney, or near by (my place).

I suggest the twin servos past Mittagong (Marulan) for a meeting place for the Gongers, Briso's and New South Welshmen. Time 8am for a 8:30 leave?

FYI, there are road works from Gundagai to Albury (approx 180km), speed is set at 80, so this will be a slow part for us. See below:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sou....073425&z=9

My understanding is its freeway on the VIC side of the border, so it should be fast from there on in.

Suggestions for breaks on the trip for those leaving Sydney Friday morning:

1: Wentworthville F1, 6am Sharp or earlier depending on how people feel

2: Twin Servos at Marulan ETA: 8am

3: Gundagai - drive into the town and park on the main road, ETA: 11AM

4: Chiltern - there is a off-freeway parking bay for a stretch of the legs, ETA:2:30PM....due to the road works

5: Seymour - somewhere in town, ETA: 4:30PM

6: Melbourne - to the accommodation, ETA: 6PM

any more suggestions, please feel free to add them or we can run with this :)

Sounds good Pete. Being the only 'gong rep that I know of, I was going to ambush the convoy at Pheasant's Nest, just past Picton Rd on the Hume. Although if there are any others who would be getting on the freeway at Mittagong or Illawarra Hwy I'm more than happy to meet at Marulan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK so let's start a list of who is getting to Melbourne by what means as this may help some in organsing lifts etc etc

1. Mentok - Driving Syd > Mel, one spare seat, only one way

2. Tats - Driving both ways, otherwise empty car. Happy to take up to 2 passengers from Wollongong or Marulan.

since there is only 3 cars from NSW going down, I think we should leave fairly early. I suggest we meet at the sutton forest services (past mittagong) at 7am, grab yum yum and be gone by 7:15. Then maybe a stop at yass for fuel, do the slog thru the road works ( apporox 180kms), stop at albury for lunch, then power on to melbourne.

only side note (time dependent) would be a stop off to brown brothers wines in milliwa (about 20mins off the freeway), this is an optional bit and may not happen as time might not be on our side.

if you want to meet earlier, put it down, i'm happy to leave earlier, but I need notice :)

pete are u working thursday???

what time can i meet you at your house?? mark finishes work around 4 can we meet you at your house at 5ish to give you some goodies???

since there is only 3 cars from NSW going down, I think we should leave fairly early. I suggest we meet at the sutton forest services (past mittagong) at 7am, grab yum yum and be gone by 7:15. Then maybe a stop at yass for fuel, do the slog thru the road works ( apporox 180kms), stop at albury for lunch, then power on to melbourne.

only side note (time dependent) would be a stop off to brown brothers wines in milliwa (about 20mins off the freeway), this is an optional bit and may not happen as time might not be on our side.

if you want to meet earlier, put it down, i'm happy to leave earlier, but I need notice :)

I'd normally leave 1.00am to get to Mel by 10 but if want to meet Suttons at 6.00 and fuel and feed there, should get us to Albury for a final fuel stop..

Plus i want to wash my car down there..

I'll need to fuel before Albury mate, big car and small tank <_<

I like Pete's plan.... meet at Sutton Forest, top-up at Yass, smash through to Albury for lunch and more fuel then cruise on to finish. Maybe pick up some vino if the roadworks aren't terrible :D