[BNE] Drag Nights

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice helmet mate, didn't want it to match the car?

I was buying on a limited budget. This helmet will only serve it's life at the drags or QR. Unfortunately the colour is gonna have to do.

gav

i'll take your tx3 and teach it a lesson in lift economics.

whitestivo

My TX3:

1065kg

IHI RBH5-VF10 turbo (Subaru Legacy)

Mazda Familia GTX dump pipe

2.5" exhaust

2.5" shortest-run IC plumbing for high response

300x150x75mm dual-pass FMIC

Tokico HP Bronze shocks + Dobisport lowered racing springs

Tighe Engineering rally cams

Holden Commodore 3.5" MAF sensor

Chipped ECU to 18psi + Jaycar DFA

Toyo RA1 semi slicks

Phantom Grip LSD

Gavspec short shifter with Type R weighted gearknob

=130kW ATW (~175kW crank)

You were saying?

Gav.

wow... thats almost the exact same power figure that my mate jono who has a tx3 is making... except i think he has some more mods, but is running less boost.

Yeah, I know Jono. I haven't seen his new Laser yet, but some day it will prolly be as good as his other one. :D

Gav.

gav

all that and you ain't got lift

have you at least got vvti?

on ss, i'll take 2 seconds off your best lap, and you will be slower.

whitestivo

Wait till MY car is done. 200rwkw, touch over 1 tonne, torque to rival the Aurions AND it will cost me less than a newish Stivo outright. I'll be sure to give you a wave as I go past you :)

yeah, we are both westside... so maybe indro or somethng?

So what time did you want to meet? Remembering it's about 35 minutes to Willowbank from Indro and traffic is going to be crap. What time do you finish work? Did you want to just meet there instead. Up to you.

I will be finished by like 2pm tomorrow so I have time to spare.

yeah, we are both westside... so maybe indro or somethng?

So what time did you want to meet? Remembering it's about 35 minutes to Willowbank from Indro and traffic is going to be crap. What time do you finish work? Did you want to just meet there instead. Up to you.

I will be finished by like 2pm tomorrow so I have time to spare.

I wont be home till like 5.30... so maybe meet at indro @ 6? traffic will be starting to calm down by then?

I wont be home till like 5.30... so maybe meet at indro @ 6? traffic will be starting to calm down by then?

Yeah, I guess that should be fine. Shouldn't be overly busy at the strip do you think?

Yeah, I guess that should be fine. Shouldn't be overly busy at the strip do you think?

nah i doubt it... its just a random wednesday LOL

any other takers?

GL to daryl in beating my time(non sarcastic way), im a good sport unlike him lol

Records are made to be challenged Rowan. I just get a little over-competitive sometimes and want to be the one that someone has to beat. I'm not confident about beating you though. This isn't going to be easy.

Well, I am ready for tomorrow... stripped interior (shush!) and have the emanage in (just for data logging atm)

My car is at the same level of trim that it was last time. I think this will probably be the last time at the drags for me. Pulling my sub and spare out is so tedious.

GL to daryl in beating my time(non sarcastic way), im a good sport unlike him lol

Records are made to be challenged Rowan. I just get a little over-competitive sometimes and want to be the one that someone has to beat. I'm not confident about beating you though. This isn't going to be easy.

Well, I am ready for tomorrow... stripped interior (shush!) and have the emanage in (just for data logging atm)

My car is at the same level of trim that it was last time. I think this will probably be the last time at the drags for me. Pulling my sub and spare out is so tedious.

I needed to pull half my interior out to fit the e-manage anyway... figured i'd just gotten that far, may as well strip it completely.

how many runs is everyone going to take?

Till my brakes fell like they are going to.... um.... break. After last time, I will remember to downshift to aid in braking since that shudder was horrible. Did yours sound kinda intense Rowan?

where at indro are we going to meet daryl? its a big place lol...

Maybe the BP just next to it?

Yeah, BP sounds good. Easier to hit the road from there.

Till my brakes fell like they are going to.... um.... break. After last time, I will remember to downshift to aid in braking since that shudder was horrible. Did yours sound kinda intense Rowan?

oh man my car was bunny hopping there was so much break shutter lol

oh man my car was bunny hopping there was so much break shutter lol

Yeah, it was starting to get like that. I just remember watching the 400, then 300, then 200 markers fly by and thinking that my brakes were absolutely useless.

Definitely a good eye opener to tell me what I HAVE to do before I hit the track. Plus improve the cooling to it.

Yeah, it was starting to get like that. I just remember watching the 400, then 300, then 200 markers fly by and thinking that my brakes were absolutely useless.

Definitely a good eye opener to tell me what I HAVE to do before I hit the track. Plus improve the cooling to it.

I never had any brake issues when i was there last time... probably due to my slow times and manual transmission.

thats really really stange daryl... i've NEVER had any brake issues in any of my cars on the drag strip... :huh:

maybe you're leaving it too late to start braking? the finish line is where the two yellow lights are, so just start braking as soon as you pass them..

thats really really stange daryl... i've NEVER had any brake issues in any of my cars on the drag strip... :huh:

maybe you're leaving it too late to start braking? the finish line is where the two yellow lights are, so just start braking as soon as you pass them..

You TRD's and you better brakes. I start braking one the surface of the road changes, maybe I'll try braking those milliseconds earlier to reduce the effects.