Few HID Question

magic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that black box the delay module? It looks like it'll work! Let us know. :)

And for those deciding on HID, this is what 4300K looks like:

DSC03440_800x450.jpg

nice KEN33F, i notice the reflectors limited the foreground lighting too. i didnt know reflectors can do that haha. foreground limiter FTW

ive got 4300K hid kit lying around too. i prefer the oem look :D

Yeah, OEM look ftw! I guess it really depends on the reflector design. :)

:P Kaixen`s r really good ey? Been googling them n all n found nth but good things about them..

How much did u get it for again ken?

H4 Bi-xenons were $305 delivered for me. Which some would think is pricey, but the quality (both product and packaging) is amazing.

DSC03030_800x450_K09.jpg

Edited by KEN33F

Heh, good choice Jeremy, you won't be disappointed. Does your projector take H7? Single beam Kaixen is $255 delivered - $235 for the kit and $20 for express post. You also get 24 months warranty. :D

I can't really comment on other kits as I haven't used them myself, but I have a few mates who are using the Mars Performance HID kits which are cheaper at the $100+ mark and they are fine.

I guess you pay for the quality and where it's made. The Kaixen are made in Korea, and my other car's MTEC kit was made in Japan; so they're a bit more pricey. Some of the cheaper kits are just fine, just have a look around and hit up some reviews if they're available.

Edited by KEN33F

Heh, Jeremy hit up a trader called LiquidSound on the OzHonda forums. Otherwise he's also known as Kaixen Xenon Australia on other forums like jdmstyletuning.com. Post some pics up if you get 'em! :)

Heh, Jeremy hit up a trader called LiquidSound on the OzHonda forums. Otherwise he's also known as Kaixen Xenon Australia on other forums like jdmstyletuning.com. Post some pics up if you get 'em! :)

Hey Ken

do those HIDs sit perfectly on the holder?

or there are mods to be done?

Cheers!

D35

ok i have tested the delay relay and SUCCESS!! the home-made looking relay is from http://www.wolstentech.com/products/timede...edelayrelay.php

the delay is set around 55sec. you can delay turning ON the lights with this relay too.

sorry about the video quality...

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

i would use a relay harness to prevent any potential damage/melting of your stock wiring if they can't handle HID. you won't notice the damage to the wiring till its too late so its best to preven

hey thanks for the advice..i was going to put it without a relay actually..are the relays expensive to get? and also the xenons i am getting are the 35W version, not 55W so do you think still it will be an overload to the wires over a period of time? and yeah my 02' camry has the delayed headlight off system..but i hardly use it :)

[/quote

HI I know nothing about HID but shurely if your sticking in 35watt globes instead of 55watt globes your drawing less power. So why would you need to bother about overloading? Or have I missed something.

HI I know nothing about HID but shurely if your sticking in 35watt globes instead of 55watt globes your drawing less power. So why would you need to bother about overloading? Or have I missed something.

If I'm not wrong, it's not the wattage of the globes that will overload the factory wiring. It's the initial amp draw to fire up the ballast and ignite the HID bulb. The initial amp draw is much higher than the factory halogens.

• 2 years later...