urgently need help

I took my gf's car (01 corolla sedan) for wheel balancing about a week ago. Unfortunately, the vibration coming thru the sterring wheel even after that.I took it back and the guy said the front tyres all balanced. Then,i realised this time then vibration started to come thru the sit and the wheel as well. I was totally dissapointed for the fact that i made it WORSE! I took it to other shop for second opinion and he said he found a flat spot on the left rear tyre. He suggested to me that as long as i change the both rear tyres, the vibration should be gone. He also helped me to do the balancing for all of them. Guess what, still couldnt fix the problem. He said could be the the high spot on the disc brake that causing the vibration. I took my car for brake skimming this morning. All went ok but that horrible vibration is STILL THERE !!!!!!!!!!!.

SO, I DESPATELY NEED HELP FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS TO TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

He said could be the the high spot on the disc brake that causing the vibration.

Thats only true if there is pulsing while braking.

Try and get a hold of another set of wheels and tyres to put on the back to see if there really is an issue with the rear tyres before spending any more money. See if you can borrow any 03-06 Corolla rims off of someone to test it out. But make sure they aren't having the same problems you are :lol: since you are tryign to isolate the issue.

Is the steering going from left to right by itself? Or does it feel vague, like are you having to turn the wheel a little left and right all the time to keep it straight for no reason at all?

I would say take your car to the closest mechanic and check all your engine mounts...I had the same problem sometime ago...except it was spotted by coincidence. I thought the vibrations were normal but when it was fixed god it felt much better.

I would say take your car to the closest mechanic and check all your engine mounts...I had the same problem sometime ago...except it was spotted by coincidence. I thought the vibrations were normal but when it was fixed god it felt much better.

I knew our engines are loud but didn't thought it was that loud!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took my gf's car (01 corolla sedan) for wheel balancing about a week ago. Unfortunately, the vibration coming thru the sterring wheel even after that.I took it back and the guy said the front tyres all balanced. Then,i realised this time then vibration started to come thru the sit and the wheel as well. I was totally dissapointed for the fact that i made it WORSE! I took it to other shop for second opinion and he said he found a flat spot on the left rear tyre. He suggested to me that as long as i change the both rear tyres, the vibration should be gone. He also helped me to do the balancing for all of them. Guess what, still couldnt fix the problem. He said could be the the high spot on the disc brake that causing the vibration. I took my car for brake skimming this morning. All went ok but that horrible vibration is STILL THERE !!!!!!!!!!!.

SO, I DESPATELY NEED HELP FROM THE FORUM MEMBERS TO TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

i don't know if I had the same situation as you now.

I also had vibration coming thru the steering wheel, later on, I found out it was due to overtightten of the front wheel nuts.

best for you is to get a torque wrench, and check if the wheel nuts have the correct tension. which should be 77Ftp or 104Nm.

He said could be the the high spot on the disc brake that causing the vibration.

Thats only true if there is pulsing while braking.

Try and get a hold of another set of wheels and tyres to put on the back to see if there really is an issue with the rear tyres before spending any more money. See if you can borrow any 03-06 Corolla rims off of someone to test it out. But make sure they aren't having the same problems you are :lol: since you are tryign to isolate the issue.

Is the steering going from left to right by itself? Or does it feel vague, like are you having to turn the wheel a little left and right all the time to keep it straight for no reason at all?

after going thru 3 different tyre shops, is getting better now. The last guy that i went to yesterday just tighten up the screw so thight that i not able to unscew it even i step on top of the spanner. I managed to get someone to unsrew it and tighthen it up myself and see how it goes. Tighten up the scews too tight is not a good idea right?

do you have aftermarket wheels or Stock wheels?

speed wheels which was installed 3 years ago

double check that you have all the hub rings still there... if the wheels had come off recently and balanced... then there is a chance one could have fallen off... they would balance perfectly,... but when on the car could be sitting just slightly askew.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

i don't know if I had the same situation as you now.

I also had vibration coming thru the steering wheel, later on, I found out it was due to overtightten of the front wheel nuts.

best for you is to get a torque wrench, and check if the wheel nuts have the correct tension. which should be 77Ftp or 104Nm.

I just found out that my wheels have been tighten up to the point that i need to get someone to use extra long wrench to unto it. I tighten up all the scews again using ordinary wrench and hopefully this approach will fix the problem.................

Overtightening those nuts is not always the best thing to do. It can sometimes damage the thread. Did you end up checking the engine mounts?

Not yet. Be honest, i dont think is anything to do with engine mounts.Everything started affer the first balancing. I really regret now, I wish i never try to do the wheels balanced in the fist place.

Overtightening those nuts is not always the best thing to do. It can sometimes damage the thread. Did you end up checking the engine mounts?

Not yet. Be honest, i dont think is anything to do with engine mounts.Everything started affer the first balancing. I really regret now, I wish i never try to do the wheels balanced in the fist place.

go check the hubrings.

Guess what. I managed to find out the problem by myself. The inside wall of the tyre starts to become swollen and cause the uneven surface of the tyre. Do not buy any FEDERAL TYRES. Wasting my time !!!!!!!!!!!!!