Km's on a full tank

I hate how the warning light comes on so early and also the way Toyota gauges (in general, many models) drop quickly in the first half and then seem to sit on empty forever!

How many litres is the current 'rolla tank anyway? 50?

The best I've done is 800 when I first got mine (Running it in and being soft!) but now I'm averaging 600 in mixed driving, however I do use 98 octane fuel (ie Shell Optimax, BP Gold or Mobile Synergy 8000)

While we're on the subject, does anyone else have problems with filling up the tank..??

I'm finding the pump nozzle is clicking off about six or more times when filling up, as if the tank was full...I've tried everything, adjust the angle,slow fill etc, but it still does it...any clues to a solution..??

hey Dakota, I've never had that problem. I had that problem on my old Celica. I couldn't really figure it out either. I always thought it was the pump with a warn valve or something. does it do that at all service stations?

While we're on the subject, does anyone else have problems with filling up the tank..??

I'm finding the pump nozzle is clicking off about six or more times when filling up, as if the tank was full...I've tried everything, adjust the angle,slow fill etc, but it still does it...any clues to a solution..??

Pumping unleaded is a bit like pouring light beer from the taps. Frothy - lots of head!

The frothy stuff comes back up the filler pipe and trips the stop thingy (not sure how they work). I sometimes pause for a second or slow down a bit right near the end. This means the froth has time to settle or doesn't get produced.

If it is clicking off early on during your fill, then just shift the angle and amount of insertion of the nozzle.

I hate how the warning light comes on so early and also the way Toyota gauges (in general, many models) drop quickly in the first half and then seem to sit on empty forever!

You'll find most cars on the road have guages like that. The gauge goes down to half fairly slowly, drops to empty much quicker than the first half and then sits on empty even with 10 litres of fuel left in it. When i first got my lanecr the fuel light would come on when i had 22 litres of fuel left in the tank. Over time the empty light became more and more acurate untill it seemed to settle at 8-9 lites in the tank being the time to warn me.

In regards to the problems with filling up...

it's due to the rate at which the tank is being filled.

with certain cars...the design is pretty crap..thus you will get a lot of fuel being 'bottle-necked' at the top...thus this will cause the bowser to think that your tank is full.

To overcome this problem..simply don't squeeze the handle so hard..and ease the fuel into the the tank...not force it down it's throat....or the 'car' will just choke. You can also change the angle at which the nozzle is positioned into your tank.

Oh, and in regards to how many KM's a tank..i get between 530-600km a tank. That's with varied driving. More lift..less km.

Hope this helps.

-Chris