Child car seat anchors back seat Tarago

Hi,

I just bought a 2002 Tarago GLX to fit all the kids in. I went to get extra car seat anchors in yesterday to the middle seat and back seat and was told that with the back seat there was no anchor points and i would have to fit a bar which would require cutting into the plastic at the sides in the boot and would take up a lot of room ..which i need to fit the pram and luggage and stuff for the family.

While i can fit my 3 kids in the middle row at the moment ..what happens when they all go into booster seats and they wont fit or i want to take one of their friends in the back seat ..i can't ! Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem and was able to put anchors on the backseat without cutting into the boot and putting in a bar. Many thanks

A very complicated problem,give me some time and i will discuss this with my friend and get back to you.

That would be great thanks.

Don't expect a response, general consensus is that it's a spambot....

Hi,

I just bought a 2002 Tarago GLX to fit all the kids in. I went to get extra car seat anchors in yesterday to the middle seat and back seat and was told that with the back seat there was no anchor points and i would have to fit a bar which would require cutting into the plastic at the sides in the boot and would take up a lot of room ..which i need to fit the pram and luggage and stuff for the family.

While i can fit my 3 kids in the middle row at the moment ..what happens when they all go into booster seats and they wont fit or i want to take one of their friends in the back seat ..i can't ! Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem and was able to put anchors on the backseat without cutting into the boot and putting in a bar. Many thanks

We have the same issue. I'll let you know how we fix it, we are getting our Tarago in June and will need anchorage points in the rear from day 1.

When we looked around for a people mover and asked why Toyota did not have third row anchorage points, Toyota dealers kept saying it was a safety issue. When we pointed out that Volvo (as the international safety gurus) and Ford Territory (definite ADR compliance) both had them and that the boot of a Tarago was probably about the same size as (or bigger than) that on a Yaris which have anchorage points they copuld not really give us any further answers.

Hi,

We have the same issue. I'll let you know how we fix it, we are getting our Tarago in June and will need anchorage points in the rear from day 1.

When we looked around for a people mover and asked why Toyota did not have third row anchorage points, Toyota dealers kept saying it was a safety issue. When we pointed out that Volvo (as the international safety gurus) and Ford Territory (definite ADR compliance) both had them and that the boot of a Tarago was probably about the same size as (or bigger than) that on a Yaris which have anchorage points they copuld not really give us any further answers.

The man i spoke to at the child restraint place yesterday said that some year but same model Taragos do have the anchor system. He said some times you can see them and some times they have them underneath the carpet but have not actually cut the carpet for them and then some others like mine don't have them. He told me to look in my car manual as that was the easiest way to fond out but sadly mine showed no anchor in the back seat. I rang Britax safe and sound car seats today to ask them what they know about the new child seat laws and she did give me hope for the future that at this point it looked like only children under 4 had to be anchored in and that 4-7 year olds had to be in a booster (doe's not have to be anchored) So if thats true then i can put boosters in the back which will be great but still a anchor would be better

!