Melb coilover set up,

wil_rolla

hey guys,

i should be picking up myset of coilovers next week, and need to know wheres a good place in Melb to get everything set up right.. right hight, corner balance, front camber and all the other stuff.. i know i can get most of it done at k-mart tyres, but i'd rather not.. i'd rather go to some guys who deal more with coilovers..

and also whats a good starting point for front camber? for mostly every day driving..

feel free to shear your setting and experience with work shops..

cheers guys

wil

Edited by wil_rolla

toe 0 as Sd has said and for everyday driving set camber at about .75-1 Deg negative. Go any more than that and tyre wear will become evident very quickly.

As for setting corner weights etc etc are you willing to buy a few different sets of springs to get it right?? not many places go that far into setting coilovers up except for maybe a properly set up race workshop.

For what you want get the camber and castor set. then simply start with the dampener settings at half way and then change to suit what you want(harder/softer).

Forget setting corner weight etc etc on the car for everyday use. total overkill imo and you only really set something like that for a purpose built race car not a street car that sees a track a few times a year. Plus you will pay some nice $$ for somebody to set it up too.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i'm going in for a wheel alignment next tuesday.. just wondering is the rear toe adjustable?? or do i just need a front wheel alignment?? and will i do any damage driving around with out an alignment untill then?

wil

No adjustment on the rear unless you do some mods. Depending on how much the alignement is out will depend on how much damage may occur to your tyres.