retrofitting headlights for hids

tinno

Nah sorry. I meant that the best test for the lights fogging will be washing your car (just hand wash) My 1st attempt was ok in the rain but after was it was dissaster. You can see shots in my thread.

Nah sorry. I meant that the best test for the lights fogging will be washing your car (just hand wash) My 1st attempt was ok in the rain but after was it was dissaster. You can see shots in my thread.

Ok will do mate. Drove in the rain today and so far so good but I'll give it a wash to confirm. it really does need a wash :)

Sorry if i am hijacking the thread but I had a look on ebay, because im planning to retrofit projectors into my camry, though since it will cost like 400-600 that is way too much!

I found this cheaper alternative, its a projector kit. I have no idea if anyone has actually used this on a camry or similar toyota but yeah. It also says that no drilling etc is required, and me being not confident with that kind of stuff makes it a good incentive to get these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJECTOR-L...9%3A1|72%3A1171

Anyone want to give me their thoughts on it, and if they can tell me if this projector is for the low beam or high beam.

Thanks.

Edited by RoM2nV

Sorry if i am hijacking the thread but I had a look on ebay, because im planning to retrofit projectors into my camry, though since it will cost like 400-600 that is way too much!

I found this cheaper alternative, its a projector kit. I have no idea if anyone has actually used this on a camry or similar toyota but yeah. It also says that no drilling etc is required, and me being not confident with that kind of stuff makes it a good incentive to get these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJECTOR-L...9%3A1|72%3A1171

Anyone want to give me their thoughts on it, and if they can tell me if this projector is for the low beam or high beam.

Thanks.

Hi there is a corolla owner that has the same kit, http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry334629

I've never used them but make sure the projectors have a cutoff for RHD ( ---\___ ). No drilling or cutting is pretty unbelievable though...

its advertised as bi-xenon so there is a solenoid in the projector that moves the cutoff shield for high beam and lowbeam.

after some heavy rain, one headlight had minor condensation so will reseal them along with leveling the projector.

still using the halogen bulbs but visibility is good as stock and its a pleasure to drive at night especially around white cars... :D

post-8229-1248416902_thumb.jpg